DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Slayer Design Studio sells a set of outspread wings for $10

Those wings are too small to be accurate.

The wings you need are from an old Toybiz Savageland 2 pack with Angel and Sauron. They are from 5 inch figs, but should work great for a 4 inch Angel.

Wow, I feel like it's been forever since I was able to keep up with this thread. ANYWAY though... I agree with Brymstone. I'm using those wings for my angel. They work awesome. And they still have poseability. I'll post pics sometime.

I want to Rit dye my archangel black but have some concerns. The effect i want is to have the light pink remain lighter than the dark blue so I can use it as a guide for painting the silver. If it works the way I would like it can make for a easy repaint. Any thoughts? i have quite a bit of experience painting lead mini's and this would be my first attempt at a plastic action figure. I would prefer to paint in 2 layers rather than line to line Silver meeting Black if you get what im saying.

The Ghost Rider looks the best!

The Ghost Rider looks the best!

Quoted for truth. That Ghostrider is nasty. I always wanted him in all black.

Ghost Rider turned out well, but Luke Cage turned out exactly like I had hoped. He just looks like Shaft and has a great bad-ass feel to him. I'm actually planning on using Colossus as a custom X-Force addition (even though Piotr isn't much of a killer). Constrictor is going to be Pyro (hopefully), but I have no clue what to do with the Guardsman. Maybe he can be some sort of stereotypical robot or vigilante.

And I know this sounds like sacrilege, but I have a loose Warpath that I'm thinking of dyeing to make Vulcan.

I want to Rit dye my archangel black but have some concerns. The effect i want is to have the light pink remain lighter than the dark blue so I can use it as a guide for painting the silver. If it works the way I would like it can make for a easy repaint. Any thoughts? i have quite a bit of experience painting lead mini's and this would be my first attempt at a plastic action figure. I would prefer to paint in 2 layers rather than line to line Silver meeting Black if you get what im saying.

My experience with dyeing the figures is that the outline of the original paintjob will still be present, i.e. you can tell the separation of color on all of the figures I Rit-dyed. However, the head will essentially soak up all the dye, so you'd either have to paint the face all over again or just paint the head itself separately.

My experience with dyeing the figures is that the outline of the original paintjob will still be present, i.e. you can tell the separation of color on all of the figures I Rit-dyed. However, the head will essentially soak up all the dye, so you'd either have to paint the face all over again or just paint the head itself separately.

Thanks for the info that should be very helpful. I plan to pop off the head and free hand it, being a smaller area to cover im confident this should work the way I plan.