MU Customs

DarthOnyx

Need help!

I’m using Captain Marvel for a custom and screwed up the chest.

If I heat the body how hard is it to pull off the arms, legs, and lower torso?

I just want to transfer them to a new CM chest.

Thanks in advance.

Impossible. You need to physically crack the chest like a Joe if you're going to swap lower torso's. It's solid hard plastic, not pliable soft plastic like the limbs and heating will do jack for you.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And I know this sounds like sacrilege, but I have a loose Warpath that I'm thinking of dyeing to make Vulcan.

Don't do it bro. And not just b/c the guys on here will crucify you! The warpath body is too muscular for Vulcan, IMO. If you're using fodder, you should kit bash some parts together to make a good Vulcan. My two cents! btw, is that an x-force warpath, or recent variant? If its x-force, you should do a trade with someone on the boards who needs it. I already have one, just lookin out for the others....

Need help!

I’m using Captain Marvel for a custom and screwed up the chest.

If I heat the body how hard is it to pull off the arms, legs, and lower torso?

I just want to transfer them to a new CM chest.

Thanks in advance.

Carefully take a hobby knife or razor knife and carve into the armpit area along the seam. Once you get a good hole insert a small flat head screwdriver and carefully twist apart the torso. If the screwdriver dosn't work use the knife to cut down the chest along the seam cutting the other peg then it should pull apart easily. Don't try to crack the torso with a vice or wrench like you do for Joes this usually breaks the chest on MU figs.

And I know this sounds like sacrilege, but I have a loose Warpath that I'm thinking of dyeing to make Vulcan.

Don't do it bro. And not just b/c the guys on here will crucify you! The warpath body is too muscular for Vulcan, IMO. If you're using fodder, you should kit bash some parts together to make a good Vulcan. My two cents! btw, is that an x-force warpath, or recent variant? If its x-force, you should do a trade with someone on the boards who needs it. I already have one, just lookin out for the others....

Use a Cyclops torso instead or a Captain Marvel. Much better and cheaper. If you need one I'd gladly trade a Cyclops for Warpath...;}

If you boil the torso, you can easily pop it apart. Much easier than any Joe figures. The Ironman figures are the solid ones but can still be boiled and popped off the lower torso and using a razor knife, can be cut in half. It's how I am making my Predator torso from Comic Whiplash and Titanium Man. Just boil the torso and stick a flat screwdriver in the back. Sometimes, you can just pop them apart without a knife. Any torso can be taken apart depending on the amount of work you put into it and using the right tools.

002-138.jpg

hey legend, im just curious, how much do you charge for a custom?

i love your work btw

I'd be interested to know as well, as Legend's work is phenomonal.

He charges 30$ apiece.

Yea he charges 50 a piece not 30. But the 50 is a starting point. If you want him to do a character that he hasn't done before it could be more depending on how much sculpting and time it takes. At least that's what he told me. But you could always shoot him a PM :p

Well, the Warpath isn't in the greatest shape paintwise, so a Rit-dye would at least give me a solid base. I'm thinking pop off the head and arms (up to the shoulder) and then go from there.

post-24007-1300401814_thumb.jpg

Yeah... Warpath is a terrible choice for a base for Vulcan. I'd go with Capt. Marvel or even black Spiderman first.

Good call. I just thought the mask and hair would be a good match, as there really aren't that many MU head sculpts that match that look (Winter Soldier is the closest). I do have an extra Captain Marvel, and the reference pictures I looked at seem like it would be a simple enough conversion. However, I'm still thinking that Warpath's belt could work for Vulcan.

i love your work btw

Thanks guys! Sorry I must have missed this but my commissions start at $50 dollars plus parts supplied. The price can go up depending on how much sculpting is involved. Just him me up through PM.

Same as mine. He's my protege...LOL

i love your work btw

Thanks guys! Sorry I must have missed this but my commissions start at $50 dollars plus parts supplied. The price can go up depending on how much sculpting is involved. Just him me up through PM.

Both of you guys do work, but... why would I pay the same amount for the protege as the teacher? Has the student surpassed the teacher, lol.

i love your work btw

Ovaltine! The mug is round, the can is round, they should call it round-tine! ( I hope you guys get the Seinfeld reference) :tongue:

Anyways here's my latest commission, Daft Punk in their Tron fits.

5540149052_f0259825bb.jpg

More pics HERE