MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ever since I watched the new Avengers show, i've been craving for a better sized hulk...

as seen in the picture below, he's significantly taller than most his team members.

Avengers-Assemble.jpg

However, using the MU hulk, he doesn't quite measure up (scalewise)...

Avengers-Assemble11.jpg

and then I saw this (the movie hulk)...

DSC01164.jpg

Looking at the animation model, he's almost the right size.... Almost....(the movie hulk is actually in the 1:18 scale)

he's actually a bit tall, and he's not as bulky as the MU hulk, so I had an idea and did this...

STP88328.jpg

I swapped out the forearms and the lower legs of the movie hulk and an MU hulk...

here's how my "donor" looks after the operation...

STP88329.jpg

As you can see, it kind of "balances" the overall appearance of the movie hulk.

STP88327.jpg

Now all that it need's is a little paint to balance the color...

Props to bro Shawndustin for sharing his idea...

Tell me what you think! thumbsupup.gif

he's actually a bit tall, and he's not as bulky as the MU hulk, so I had an idea and did this...

STP88328.jpg

I swapped out the forearms and the lower legs of the movie hulk and an MU hulk...

STP88329.jpg

STP88327.jpg

Good job man! I did something similiar earlier on here with the SW Hulk and a darker paint job. I felt the same way as you- for real.

Red and Grey could also use this treatment. Sigh.

What up everybody! I'm Bryant and I've been a member here for a couple years now and I've only made a few posts here so I feel like I'm new to the community. These are a few customs me and my homie Russ did back in the winter. Let me know what you think and I hope to be posting here more often in the future. Later!

post-22216-1302468463_thumb.jpg

post-22216-1302468397_thumb.jpg

post-22216-1302468416_thumb.jpg

post-22216-1302468428_thumb.jpg

post-22216-1302468447_thumb.jpg

STP88328.jpg

STP88329.jpg

STP88327.jpg

I actually like the look of the mu hulk with the movie parts better than the movie hulk with mu parts....now if only I had those movie hulk parts lol.

yeah i think the MU hulk with the transplanted legs and hands looks pretty good.

been working on a similar kind of hulk ever since i bought the MU version when they came out. only got this far since i never got around to buying some apoxie sculpt to finish resculpting the neck, thighs, hair, and fixing this area in the lower torso that i cut in order to crack it open. the parts used sorta gives him a bit of a diaper look but overall i like the height and build better. also moving the hips in any way is a plus. also, used one of the hands on movie hulk to get a ball neck thing going too.

IMG_5654.jpg

IMG_5655.jpg

bigboyb, i really dig the skinnier vision, panther and scarlet witch. i may end up doing the same thing haha

@noodlecrow: That's awesome bro! I hope you could contyinue and finish it, it'd be a shame not to see this fine pieceofwork finished...

as for me, I did my best to still make both figures usable, we don't have the luxury of stocks here, enough to warrant cannibalizing one figure to improve another.

Great job bro!

Here's a more "In Scale" shot....

STP88333.jpg

The new hulk and ML 4 Goliath fits with the team picture perfectly :D

haha i like that you saved the donor hulk. i tend to massacre donors but in the end i find a use for a good portion of the parts. so one broken down figure tends to feed many.

how's the range on the arms of your movie hulk now? that arm swap looks like it fixed up the main thing i thought was wrong with movie hulk. his arms felt so stubby and they couldn't bend all that much.

@Noodlecrow: the range of motion of the movie hulk with the MU hulk arms and legs is sufficient enough for hulk, i'll just let the pictures below speak for themselves...

The original movie hulk's arms are really stubby, but the MU hulk arms are long enough to enable hulk to do some knucle crunching....

STP88334.jpg

LITTLE MAN MAKE HULK ANGRY! NOW HULK SMASH LITTLE MAN!!!

STP88335.jpg

RRRRAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

STP88336.jpg

HULK NOT YET FINISHED, HULK STILL WANT TO SMASH!!!!

STP88337.jpg

:D

STP88328.jpg

STP88329.jpg

STP88327.jpg

I actually like the look of the mu hulk with the movie parts better than the movie hulk with mu parts....now if only I had those movie hulk parts lol.

I agree with Sage.

I almost always do original characters for my customs, but I've really been dying to improve upon the MU Wolverine and Punisher figures that have come out. I just didn't think either character has been done very well so far in the Marvel movie or MU lines. So here's my take on Logan and Castle. . .

5617418435_3f01e69c16_z.jpg5617420303_c4730063a7_z.jpg5618008836_638b88459a_z.jpg5618007480_2ff21f5294_z.jpg5617421365_43d208b6b1_z.jpg

Logan recipe: torso, arms, swappable hands - XMO Logan pelvis & legs - Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes feet - 25th Flint head - MU X-force Wolvy belt - can't remember motorcycle - Superhero Showdown Wolverine Punisher recipe: head - 25th Mutt torso, arms, & upper legs - TRU 2-pack Punisher hands - Go Native Blanxx figure lower legs - 25th Flint feet - POC commando SE belt & holster - MU Winter Soldier coat - SW Han Solo Endor Moon (dyed with Rit) guns - Marauder motorcycle - Big Lots army set

Got my order from onyx and his O.P.P. Site,

Those heads are even better in person.

Onyx is a awesome guy,

The Skaar is a Custom I got from Onyx (Thank Brian!),

The Noir Spider Men are a pair of customs I made For Me (comic style using a variant of Cross bones and Legends versions) and One for My nephew that wanted one more Video game style according to him.

using the heads I purchased from O.P.P.

I used a Ghost Rider Body for Video Game style, union Jack Legs, Dreadnok Ripper feet and Fire Fly arms.

The More Comic style was a FireFly body, Ghost Rider arms, commissioner Gordon coat, jungle viper upper legs, and Firefly lower legs/feet.

and of course those awesome OPP cast heads...

noirsandSkaar.jpg

noirsangSkaar2.jpg

Now that's how skaar should be! hasbro should take notes from Onyx here...

on a side note, I just finished my custom 3.75" hulk, I used the MU hulks forearms, hands, lower legs and feet and swapped them out with the movie hulk's, to make a stockier hulk that's just the right scale with Marvel Universe.

However the work doesn't stop there, a simple swap won't do as the parts don't have the same colors,

not to mention the skewed painting of the movie hulk's eyes...

Here's how he looks after the initial parts swap but before painting...

STP88328.jpg

as you can see his eyes looks misplaced, and of course the obvious lighter color and the purple pants of the MU hulk parts....

I first erased the horribly painted eyes and re did them, here's the result...

STP88369.jpg

it took a lot of concentration to paint them properly, but it was worth it since I think he looks a whole lot better now :)

Then I mixed up some paint for the green parts, I'm glad that I was able to mix a green shade that perfectly matches the movie hulk's parts, effectively cutting my work in half since I don't need to repaint the movie hulk's parts.

I used an airbrush and painted his pants in two shades of purple, the lighter shade as the base and the darker one as the highlights.

Here's how he looks now after painting the arms and legs, and the pants...

STP88371.jpg

STP88372.jpg

I also switched the left and right biceps to enable hulk's arms to be pressed closer to his body so he can be able to do this...

STP88378.jpg

tell me what you think :)