MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been way, way behind for a while now, but I got some parts figures from pooda last week and I just couldn't postpone these any more.

This is gonna take a while...

ww.jpg

Whirlwind is an amalgam of the old Toy Biz one for the blades & helmet, Piledriver for the body and Jungle Viper forearm bracers.

hoodmm.jpg

The Hood was a little tricky. Getting Thor's cape to work on this size figure involved gluing the neck piece from G.I. Joe's Barbecue underneath it. Other than that, it's just a Zartan head on a Wolverine body (claws snipped, of course). Madame Masque is hardly an original choice, but I had to have her to go with Robbins, didn't I?

gaunt.jpg

I was talking before about how badly I wanted a Mendel Stromm figure, so I ended up with this. I'm not really a fan of the Clone Saga at all, but this is as close as I figured I was ever going to get. Having already butchered Barbecue, I went ahead and took his chest piece, a scuba tank, and a cape from a miniature Magneto toy from Family Dollar and dropped them all on The Doctor. Not my favorite, but I can live with it.

next post...

Jumping on the bandwagon here, but who cares? I can't believe I finished this and STILL don't have the Hulk to go with it. Ugh.

ssavage.jpg

This was a request from my daughter who says the Black Cat is her favorite character. It's not the head I wanted, but the kid doesn't care in the slightest. She LOVES this toy, and I expect the fur will be gone in a week.

bcat.jpg

and some stuff that's in progress:

inprogress.jpg

Although they are fairly predictable choices, there are just some figures that are priorities, and they have to get done before I can move on in good conscience to more obscure characters. I have no idea what I'm going to do about the Kingpin heads. I am probably going to have to hire a professional to make some properly-scaled ones for me. Onyx, you interested in a commission?

@Rinnieramone: Great work bro! I especially like the idea of using that penguin as your MU Kingpin!

Just got my 3.75" ultimate scorpion from a friend...

Initially I didn't like him too much as he isn't the scorpion (mac gargan) that I could Identify with, instead he was the ulitimate scorpion, which I was totally unfamiliar with, add to that a corny spring loaded stinger, and my whole impression of him was "pass". until I saw from a video review that his tail was super poseable!

So I set out to acquire him, but still his spring loaded stinger bothered me...

I could've forgiven it if it looked decent, but as you see, it seems really awkward...

DSC01053.jpg

The supposed projectile was too long, as you can see, parts of the shaft is still visible, even if it was fully inserted.

DSC01054.jpg

I had an idea of shortening the projectile so that the loaded stinger would look better, I first approximated the lenght by comparing the projectile with the position of the trigger...

DSC01055.jpg

I then proceeded to cut the projectile in order to shorten it, and hide the exposed portion of the shaft so that it would have a more natural look to it...

DSC01056.jpg

I didn't like how hasbro made venom's symbiote without any color, at first I suspected that the material was paint resistant, but i couldn't stop myself from scratching the itch and trying to give it some color...

Guess what?

I succeeded!

I just hand painted on Gunze Sangyo's Mr. Color Lacquer on it and it proved to be able to stick on the rubbery surface well...

STP88297.jpg

STP88295.jpg

Here's more...

Venom vs Scorpion

STP88298.jpg

STP88296.jpg

STP88299.jpg

looks much better doesn't it?