MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

working on Thunderbolts right now. First up are Moonstone, Crossbones and Ghost. Trying to find the right head for Songbird.... Kev Walker draws her with fish lips and scowl and I need a head that has ears and room to sculpt the spiky hair. I tried using a Agent Helix hair on a head but wasn't feelin it.

Apologies for my impatient paint work!

post-26053-1307973934_thumb.jpg

post-26053-1307974116_thumb.jpg

post-26053-1307974125_thumb.jpg

Hmm I made the head by fitting together bits and pieces of a bunch of helmets. I think it was:

the back and top of Matt Trakker's Helmet for the front

Tusken Raider spikes for the eyes

then a gi joe Grunt helmet for the back

a Boba Fett Helmet for the back and bottom

a Ms Marvel head for the ball joint

and some other little nubbins from all over

thanks! I love Thunderbolts. Zemo should be easy but I wanna make him juuuust right.

fixer is gonna be fun... i am gonna have a lot of super glue on my hands by the end of the week.

songbird is the one I am most looking forward to but that head... it's gotta be just right. I promised myself I wouldn't cave and go the easy route with long hair.

Mach-5... maybe a hammer drone with a cylon minimate head?

DHv22.jpgDHv21.jpgDHv26.jpg

great job!

I really wish Hasbro would make more of these Alien/Cosmic Characters,

But with X-men and Avengers fan bases being so huge and so many characters in both those comic lines I fear we won't see too many of these cooler lesser known characters in mass market form.

Thank fully we as a group have enough talent and can make cool versions (like this one) on our own.

Said with respect to all the guys who customize not with any pretense of arrogance.

Hi Gang. It's been a while since I posted anything, mostly because it's been a while since I finished anything. This week, though, I had a burst of inspiration and finished off a couple of 90s-style X-Men I'd had in the works. Starting with:

Professor Xavier

ProfXNew01.jpg

This is the second Professor X I've done (the first one was in a suit). This one is a DC Infinite Heroes Lex Luthor head on a G.I.Joe 25th Anniversary Snake-Eyes torso, with ROC Cobra Commander legs. The arms are from 25th Anniversary Duke, and the jacket is from Indiana Jones. The wheelchair is from Avatar's Jake Sully.

Next up:

Jim Lee Rogue

Rogue01.jpg

She's kind of a frankenstein, which I find satisfying when they come out well.

Rogue02.jpg

The thing I'm most pleased about is how well the X logo on her chest and the belt buckle came out.

Rogue03.jpg

Hair- DC Infinite Heores Starfire

Head and feet- G.I.Joe ROC Baroness

Torso and legs- MU Firestar

Jacket- DC Infinite Heroes Black Canary

Arms- G.I.Joe 25th Anniversary Lady Jaye

Belt- G.I.Joe 25th Flash

I hate (hate, hate, HATE) painting things yellow, so when I ended up with an extra Firestar, I determined to find something to do with it. It was between this and Crystal in her early FF look. I actually think its more likely that Hasbro will make this version of Rogue eventually, but I was intrigued by the challenge.

Here's a group shot (yeah, I still prefer my ML Showdown versions for many of these characters):

XMen.jpg

Belt