MU Customs

DarthOnyx

I just got into (simple) customizing. Here are some finished ones with heads from Onyx Phoenix Productions:

Hulk

DSCF5221.jpg

Thor

DSCF5220.jpg

Superman (if he were to exist in the Marvel Universe)

DSCF5235.jpg

Battle Armor Skeletor

DSCF5225.jpg

Movie Skeletor

DSCF5227.jpg

I have pretty much zero customizing and painting ability, but I stumbled onto Onyx's site by accident one day, and the heads were so cool!

By the way, anybody have tips on how to paint eyes? I am working on a couple of female heads and am having some trouble. Thanks!

PharmV

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

simple swivel thigh mod for absorbing man. might end up painting it now since i wasn't quite sure the peg inserts would work completely. i'll prolly do the same for luke cage and nightcrawler.

edit - ended up doing the same for nightcrawler =D

IMG_5948.jpg

IMG_5944.jpg

IMG_5952.jpg

IMG_5949.jpg

also sorry if NC looks like he's taking a crap. a very defiant crap.

Great improvements!! Im gonna have to fix my Nightcrawler now!!

I just got into (simple) customizing. Here are some finished ones with heads from Onyx Phoenix Productions:

Hulk

DSCF5221.jpg

DSCF5235.jpg

Battle Armor Skeletor

DSCF5225.jpg

Movie Skeletor

DSCF5227.jpg

I have pretty much zero customizing and painting ability, but I stumbled onto Onyx's site by accident one day, and the heads were so cool!

By the way, anybody have tips on how to paint eyes? I am working on a couple of female heads and am having some trouble. Thanks!

PharmV

Those are amazing! Some of the best customs i've seen. I love your Skeltor and Hulk ones. You know, if you removed the belt, that Superman could pass as Mon-El...

mon-el.jpg

Hulk

DSCF5221.jpg

DSCF5235.jpg

Battle Armor Skeletor

DSCF5225.jpg

Movie Skeletor

DSCF5227.jpg

PharmV

Those are amazing! Some of the best customs i've seen. I love your Skeltor and Hulk ones. You know, if you removed the belt, that Superman could pass as Mon-El...

mon-el.jpg

GREAT WORK...

simple swivel thigh mod for absorbing man. might end up painting it now since i wasn't quite sure the peg inserts would work completely. i'll prolly do the same for luke cage and nightcrawler.

edit - ended up doing the same for nightcrawler =D

IMG_5948.jpg

IMG_5944.jpg

IMG_5952.jpg

IMG_5949.jpg

also sorry if NC looks like he's taking a crap. a very defiant crap.

Great improvements!! Im gonna have to fix my Nightcrawler now!!

Seriously! It's amazing how much difference those 2 joints make in the articulation of a figure.

Here's my Cannonball, who's mainly Cyclops with a Generator Rex head.

post-21037-1309650214_thumb.jpg

Uploading pics here is not so easy (I magically got one to load!), so here's a link to a few other pics on the 'tank if you're curious:

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-cust...cannonball.html

He looks good, but I'd of used a different head. The Rex head is just too small, and makes him look giraffe like. Other than that he looks perfect.

How did you make the pins for the thighs, and how did you make the holes for the pins?

yes if you have a how to that would be great. This is a great idea.

i don't have a how to ready but i can prolly make one at some point with drawings and pictures. luckily, the scarlet spider and the spiderman from the spidey/captain britain comic pack coming up has the thigh swivel for the black spiderman type bodies so anyone can cannibalize those if they don't own a dremel, burring bits, slo-zap glue, x-acto knife, and some random donor pegs from a clone trooper legs lying around.

Check out what I did!

I didn't like the head used on Wolverine of the 2 pack with Silver Samurai. So I used the head of Logan from the XMO:Wolverine Comic Series.

But a simple head change would not do. I had to change the neck-ball, and secure it with a plastic stick.

Simple, yet highly effective.

post-24277-1309713337_thumb.jpg

post-24277-1309713350_thumb.jpg

post-24277-1309713367_thumb.jpg

ok guys you gotta grab this pack from bbts the destro makes for a badass red skull when you hook it up with an opp head thaks again onyx but yeah only 35 bucks on sale plus all the other figures have alot of potential and the guns are great.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...roduct=HAS18725

DSCF5222.jpg

Heh, I had the same idea...

PharmV

Great minds think alike. I've been thinking of doing the same thing ever since I first saw that Resolute Destro figure. That torso articulation and color scheme just look so perfect for Red Skull and are miles ahead in appearance of both versions that Hasbro has made so far. I think I'll just swap out the hands and head with the movie Red Skull to have a more consistent look with no painting required.