MU Customs

DarthOnyx

Juggernaut with removable helmet and leg extensions from OPP to make him taller.

A couple of comparison shots with cyclops and colossus to show Juggernaut's new height.

img_0021.jpg

img_0022.jpg

http://i40.servimg.com/u/f40/16/60/61/03/img_0023.jpg

img_0024.jpg

Wow, those leg extensions really make a big difference. I was on the fence before, but I may have to order a set from OPP later.

PharmV

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Juggernaut with removable helmet and leg extensions from OPP to make him taller.

A couple of comparison shots with cyclops and colossus to show Juggernaut's new height.

img_0021.jpg

img_0022.jpg

http://i40.servimg.com/u/f40/16/60/61/03/img_0023.jpg

img_0024.jpg

Wow, those leg extensions really make a big difference. I was on the fence before, but I may have to order a set from OPP later.

PharmV

I think they are well worth it. I got two sets. One for Juggernaut and the other for the Hulk from the Avenger's three pack that uses the Juggernaut sculpt.

who here has been reading warmachine (ironman 2.0)?

rhodey's new armor looks like tony's BE suit.

some people hate it, but i think it looks awesome.

any one care to make a custom?

i'm not a great customizer, but i may give this one a shot.

Riverspoons already made one...

http://forums.marvelousnews.com/index.php?showtopic=2061743

:D

ended up working on some mods last night and got some time for pics tonight. hulk i'd been working on bit by bit and added the paint for his pants and hair a couple nights ago. recipes after pics.

IMG_5975.jpg

IMG_5976.jpg

IMG_5997.jpg

IMG_5995.jpg

IMG_6002.jpg

Black Widow WIP: modded her some elbows made from from her original feet joints, cover girl's boots from the rise of cobra line, and an open collar out of apoxie sculpt. i've yet to paint her but i plan on a dark metallic purple, gold for her belt and stinger bands, and fleshtone for ze cleavage.

Kitty Pryde: also modded some elbows from 80's storm's feet joints.

Hulk WIP: hair sculpted with apoxie sculpt, neck was made out of a movie hulk's wrist, hips also from movie hulk.

thanks guys! and as requested:

IMG_6003.jpg

if you use a female ankle joint, they work better on kitty's arms aesthetically since her arms are thinner. the rings need to be enlarged a bit to fit the locking peg into it. the pegs themselves used to have a tip which you should keep on to stabilize rotation (i cut em off but didnt need to). cut off the old elbow ring connected to the bicep section of the arm. then just a matter of dremeling an inverse peg shape into the bicep section.

@Noodlechow, Now that my friend is pure genius! Hope hasbro sees this and catches on...

thanks for sharing!

the x-23 body will be the new female buck with all the nice articulation trimmings as well as the added bonus of being almost as tall as the jim lee cyclops body. i'm mainly just trying to catch some of the figures up who may not get a redo anytime soon.

Noody-... that's all amazing.

Did you also touch-up Widow's face? The make-up looks much much better.

Can't wait to see it painted.

I'm also really impressed by the new hair on Hulk. It just makes that head much less off putting.

haha thanks PYD. yeah i darkened her lips, made her eyes green instead of blue as well as gave her famke jansen inspired eyebrows. the hulk hair was my introduction to apoxie sculpt and it took a few tries and ended up with a quasi-justin bieber do. sometimes i dig it, sometimes i wish i used less noodles, but at least it looks different from the original. the face sculpt holds up pretty well too. i tip my hat to the sculptor but not the guy in charge of designing the articulation.

ended up working on some mods last night and got some time for pics tonight. hulk i'd been working on bit by bit and added the paint for his pants and hair a couple nights ago. recipes after pics.

IMG_5975.jpg

IMG_5976.jpg

IMG_5997.jpg

IMG_5995.jpg

IMG_6002.jpg

Black Widow WIP: modded her some elbows made from from her original feet joints, cover girl's boots from the rise of cobra line, and an open collar out of apoxie sculpt. i've yet to paint her but i plan on a dark metallic purple, gold for her belt and stinger bands, and fleshtone for ze cleavage.

Kitty Pryde: also modded some elbows from 80's storm's feet joints.

Hulk WIP: hair sculpted with apoxie sculpt, neck was made out of a movie hulk's wrist, hips also from movie hulk.

Oh no! Justin Bieber got the Hulk too! Curse you Bieber! ;)

So slowly i've been accumulating the necessary tools for customizing my MU's. And last night i was started testing my acrylic paints i've had for a while (i was an art major). While testing, a random customizing question popped up:

Do you guys strip the existing paint off the figure before you lay a new color above it or just simply one after another?

I would have posted in the Customs thread section, but i feel no one goes there and we have an active community of MU customizers here.

Thanks!!