MU Customs

DarthOnyx

Im the same with noodle in regards to painting, wash and paint over.

Since I'm unlucky with the new wave and acquiring FO Torchie , I decided to go ahead and start with my MU She-hulk. I asked in the forums before how to connect female upper torso with male lower torso and no one seems to know how , so I went ahead and did some sculpting , lol yup sculpting and i dont have a clue on how to do it , anyways heres some pics, (( FOR THE WEAK HEARTED PLEASE DIVERT YOUR EYES , REALLY DISTURBING PICTURES YOUVE BEEN WARNED ))9f482d98.jpg

">bc942620.jpg

">ada77389.jpg

">dc37a843.jpg">

So im using spiderman as my base , had to add some "chest and rear" sculpt.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, for someone who has never sculpted, that came out really good. I totally dig it.

I agree, nice first attempt!

@ Lapu - there is a way to attach the upper female torso to the bottom male torso. Its pretty much the same way you would do it with any torsos. I did it for my She-Hulk custom.

5423729121_bfbb75936d.jpg

Marvel Universe She Hulk by Legend, on Flickr

On a sidenote, this torso will be available soon from O.P.P.

Thanks guys for all the nice comments. Legend , so the heat and pop works on the torso or do I have to crack the upper torso open? Yeah i got a little (or should i say big) carried away with sculpting the boobs (was watching the hooters swimsuit competition while customizing to get inspiration lol). Nice repaint of deadpool there Etereo.

Also, Legend, what is that backdrop from? I love it!

I dont know exactly where its from but I snagged it off ebay. I see a few pop up every now and then.

Can't wait to be able to order that torso, Legend. That is wizardry. Hasbro should have you and Onyx designing for them.

Thanks man!

Thanks guys for all the nice comments. Legend , so the heat and pop works on the torso or do I have to crack the upper torso open? Yeah i got a little (or should i say big) carried away with sculpting the boobs (was watching the hooters swimsuit competition while customizing to get inspiration lol). Nice repaint of deadpool there Etereo.

You will have to crack the torso then just swap them. Minor sanding may be involved but it will fit.

Anyone have experience making a figure smaller?

I've got an extra Invaders Human Torch and i'd like to turn him into Toro.

I swapped out the lower legs and lower arms with Spider-Man's (Secret Wars) and it made him smaller but not enough.

Not helpful really, but I think the MLShowdown Torch makes an awesome Toro. He's a full head shorter than the Invaders human Torch. I just sanded down the face and painted the lines like the Invaders version.

thanks guys! and as requested:

IMG_6003.jpg

if you use a female ankle joint, they work better on kitty's arms aesthetically since her arms are thinner. the rings need to be enlarged a bit to fit the locking peg into it. the pegs themselves used to have a tip which you should keep on to stabilize rotation (i cut em off but didnt need to). cut off the old elbow ring connected to the bicep section of the arm. then just a matter of dremeling an inverse peg shape into the bicep section.

I did this too, to most of my female characters but never finished them...

... all my customs seem to be wrecked because none of them are finished...

Anyone have experience making a figure smaller?

I've got an extra Invaders Human Torch and i'd like to turn him into Toro.

I swapped out the lower legs and lower arms with Spider-Man's (Secret Wars) and it made him smaller but not enough.

Not helpful really, but I think the MLShowdown Torch makes an awesome Toro. He's a full head shorter than the Invaders human Torch. I just sanded down the face and painted the lines like the Invaders version.

Do you have any pics? I'd like to see your Toro.

Just some What if alternate reality crew I'm putting together....

Not the "Exiles":

'The Forgotten/ The Erased'

from older Shattered Realms or erased timelines...

a custom group of mine...

The Fallen (Mutant X), Ragnarok (Thor clone), IronMan 2020, The Inhuman Torch (House of M),

Spiderman 2099, Noir Spiderman (Noir Reality), Maestro (Future Hulk after the bomb), Sunfire (Age of Apocalypse),

Skulking Thing :The deep one mutant (Cthulhu Mythos/ atomic bomb Godzilla style original concept)

DSC01730.jpg

DSC01721.jpg

DSC01742.jpg

@Noodle- I use to suck at cracking torsos in half and was racking my brain on the perfect method, ask Onyx lol. The best and absolute flawless way is to take a utility knife (has to be a utility knife, nothing else works like it, trust me!) and put the blade just under the armpit in the seam where the two pieces meet. Once you feel it "fall" into place, slowly work it up with a good amount of force. Be extremely careful and make sure your fingers stay away from the path of the blade! I've almost gashed myself a few times. But if you work slow and steady you will hear a crack and the torso will have opened up perfectly.

@Noodle- I use to suck at cracking torsos in half and was racking my brain on the perfect method, ask Onyx lol. The best and absolute flawless way is to take a utility knife (has to be a utility knife, nothing else works like it, trust me!) and put the blade just under the armpit in the seam where the two pieces meet. Once you feel it "fall" into place, slowly work it up with a good amount of force. Be extremely careful and make sure your fingers stay away from the path of the blade! I've almost gashed myself a few times. But if you work slow and steady you will hear a crack and the torso will have opened up perfectly.

ahhh yeah, that makes sense. now just gotta find one in the garage. thanks man!

also, great looking customs there, dragonkings =D