MU Customs

DarthOnyx

Here's a few I've been working on for the last week or so.

First is a brown costume Wolverine. I didn't like the sculpt or colors on any of the currently existing ones, so I decided to make one my way. I also threw in some metal claws while I was at it. He's a little bit darker than this, but my cell phone camera can't quite capture that correctly.

post-27385-1311101130_thumb.jpg

Recipe:

Base - Patch from the Silver Samurai 2 pack

Lower Legs - MU Wolverine boots

Head - OPP cast

Belt - Sculpted

I also made an Odin repaint with helmet. I can't take credit for this idea since I totally ripped off StarWarsGeek from the OPP forums, although I opted to go for more of a gold look rather than bronze. I think I might make him a spear at some point down the road, but for now he'll just have to use this sword.

th_IMG_20110717_110238.jpg

Recipe:

Base - Movie Odin

Sword - Excalibur from the Cap movie line's Captain Britain

Helmet - Minimates Odin

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My first and second attempts to custom ever! Still new so be kind pls. : )

5952600983_0d814be3d1_b.jpg

5953181036_816e12146c_b.jpg

Phantom Rider (Hamilton Slade):

Ingredients: Black Panther with sculpted cowboy hat, belt and holsters and Moon Knight's cape. Gun...i forgot. All i need is to find a scaled horse for Banshee.

Thanks for looking.

Awesome looking Phantom Rider. This was one of my favorite "alternates" in the Marvel Ultimate Alliance game. Add the horse and maybe some smoke effects and you'd have some incredible picture possibilities!!! Great job

Didn't like how small the Red Skull figure from the Cap line ended up being, and so I did a quick head swap; what do you guys think, acceptable?

IMG_1976.jpg

That IS a great idea. Didn't really like Destro like that anyway. But as RS, it's perfect.

Uh, and your "about me" section says you're a "man with the cheese of the devil"? not sure I want to know what that's about.lol Interesting

indeed.

@LapuLapu, great job on the She-Hulk figure. It does look really good, even for someone with lots of experience, but definitely for a newbie.

Not to mention, you basically had to do a sex change operation on that one. I don't even want to know what all you had to do with the knife!!! yowza!! ;o)

Seriously though. awesome job. makes me want to try some myself......

"At first glance, I thought it was Kroenen from Hellboy which is a head I'm currently sculpting."

I've been staring at my 8" Hellboy figures and thinking how awesome it would be to be able to sculpt some 3.75" versions. Also, the Mezco Hellboy comic line stopped before a lot of characters became mainstays in the Hellboy universe: Edward Grey, Devon and Captain Daimio hadn't been developed much yet, Kate had a much more minimal role, Panya hadn't appeared, and as for villains, Koshei the Deathless hadn't appeared, the Baba Yaga hadn't come into her own, and Gruaguach didn't even have a name yet when the Mezco line folded. The biggest missed opportunity for me was that Abe Sapien hadn't yet really become the kicking-ass-taking-names kind of guy he eventually became in the BPRD. So the line doesn't really take off.

I'd love to customize some Hellboy figures, but I've got to learn how to sculpt the pieces myself, I think. The shapes of the figures are too specialized for regular customization. Anyone know a good website or a book that covers molding plastic? Obviously some of you guys know how to do it from somewhere. I know nothing, but I have some skill at sculpting. What do I need to get into it?

Her name is Liz Sherman.

As for the figures, they were produced by Mezco as part of a four-pack and a few were done individually (including a smoking Hellboy and a Golden Army soldier). I only have the big Brute-ish looking guy with the metal fist (Wink, now that I think about it). Johann Strauss was also a part of that set. Too bad Abe wasn't, as he would have been cool to have in that scale.

Thanks guys.

Regarding Americop, yeah, Looking at him and comparing him, he does look like Kroenen, esp from the chest up.

Figured he'd be an interesting custom to do. I was surprised to hear read from the Marvel Handbooks that his character bio says he was from Houston/Sugar Land, Texas, where i was from. Just kinda found it was interesting Marvel gave Houston/Sugar Land some love.

Regarding Phantom Rider, i need that horse. I"m pretty sure i saw it a couple of weeks ago at Tuesday Morning (a discount store) in town with the Prince of Persia playset with him. I'm hoping i can pick him up this weekend if he's still there.

True those movie figures were done for The Golden Army, but my 8" figures are Mezco's comic version of Hellboy, sculpted rather assiduously based on Mike Mignola's drawings. That's what I think should be done in 3.75". The characters are very different in the different incarnations--for instance, Abe Sapien in the comics is like Clint Eastwood, but in the movie he's a bit like Pee-wee Herman. I want a figure of the Clint Eastwood Abe. I'm going to have to learn to sculpt figures.

ok so i got my shocker figure yesterday any ideas on how to make some gauntlets? ive thought about just using some silver paint on the hands scince the fists are closed..but never done anything with sculpting..any ideas please?

NOt sure what Shocker arms llok like exactly but I suggest some thing strips of styrene and some sculpey.

Heres a few I've been working on recently. Most are still wip's because they need some touchups and finishing touches, but this is what I have so far...

Disco Dazzler

DSC02312.jpg

Gotta touchup her paint all over, but you get the general idea

Baron Zemo with the AWESOME head from O.P.P.

DSC02313.jpg

Again need to touch up the paint, but he's 99% done

And my Apocalipse fix with the kick @ss leg extentions from O.P.P.

DSC02315.jpg

DSC02316.jpg

DSC02314.jpg