body: 3 pack Reed

005-69.jpg

FF_587_Legion_CPS_028.jpg

004-82.jpg

team shot:

003-91.jpg

flaming on:

007-43.jpg

I'd also like to take a moment invite all of you to try your hand at the OPP September Custom Challenge:

The Marvel Mix-up:

Just make your favorite Marvel hero dressed up as someone else. Think Else Worlds, What Ifs, Amalgams, funny combos like characters dressed as Pokemon, or Disney characters. For those of you who are members on OPP just click my sig, everyone else click the link in my sig, and join up, and have fun w/ it.

Wow that is funny, I did the same thing this past Saturday! Works great, looks great.

Then I took the Reed head and stuck it on a Torch negative zone body, and used the Sue Storm to paint negative zone colors and complete another Fantastic Four team.

Gotta post pics of my last few customs. Spent a few hours making Thing the Worthy's little meat tenderizer hammer.

IMAG0015.jpg

Some Cyclops love here.

Now the lines on the xfactor cyke seem to be a bit off which I didn't notice from the angle I'm looking at him.. In person he looks pretty good. Im also thinking about getting a jim lee cyclops to swap out the heads.

Uncanny Xmen #1 Cyke needs a lil paint work but I ran out of yellow before I could finish, and he needs an x belt. Also I think I'm going to resculpt the boots and gloves cause I was just imagining what they looked like instead of using any reference.

I wanted a slimmer body for the original cyclops and I used an iron spider body for that (Since it was on clearance at BBTS) I had a spare multiple man head so used that and sculpted the visor.

@soundwave

I didn't even know they had an Ed Norton head that's pretty cool custom.

Thxs. The Banner figure cames w/ a hollowed out Hulk figure and you could put Banner in it. pretty cool imho.

The Edward Norton head is a REALLY good likeness but the base body was weird...I have no idea what poses they were trying for with his arms angled and his feet pegeontoed...

That's a good custom.

Yeah it was pretty crappy. I don't understand why they made that body... But thanks for the support!

I'm working on a Jessica Alba/ Invisible Woman custom too. Hopefully I'll have that done soon.

IMAG0015.jpg

Some Cyclops love here.

Now the lines on the xfactor cyke seem to be a bit off which I didn't notice from the angle I'm looking at him.. In person he looks pretty good. Im also thinking about getting a jim lee cyclops to swap out the heads.

Uncanny Xmen #1 Cyke needs a lil paint work but I ran out of yellow before I could finish, and he needs an x belt. Also I think I'm going to resculpt the boots and gloves cause I was just imagining what they looked like instead of using any reference.

I wanted a slimmer body for the original cyclops and I used an iron spider body for that (Since it was on clearance at BBTS) I had a spare multiple man head so used that and sculpted the visor.

I've been thinking about making the original 5 X-men using the Bucky body for Cyke,and Angel, an XMOW Weapon-X for Beast (I'm thinking about trying to find a fig w/ larger feet, and hands tough, and putting them on a Doc Sampson body), XMOW Iceman, and a regular MU female for Jean.

that's my goal too eventually. Bucky looks like a good choice once ya sand his buttons down and get rid of the collar. The gloves and boots work well for it too. I may even re-modify mine using a bucky now that ya mention it.

I'm not quite sure what to do with beast, I keep thinking I'm going to have to sculpt his hands and feet, which I think I could do the feet the hands would be a challenge. Wrecker almost makes a good choice

that's my goal too eventually. Bucky looks like a good choice once ya sand his buttons down and get rid of the collar. The gloves and boots work well for it too. I may even re-modify mine using a bucky now that ya mention it.

I'm not quite sure what to do with beast, I keep thinking I'm going to have to sculpt his hands and feet, which I think I could do the feet the hands would be a challenge. Wrecker almost makes a good choice

You know that the flap, and collar is just a removable piece of "cape plastic" molded as part of the belt right? I used him for my Robin figure's body, head, lower arms, and upper legs:

before:

001-97.jpg

after:

003-77.jpg

005-54.jpg

Okay, so without going back through 150+ pages of this thread, has anyone done a decent western ghost rider? Like the all white one on Ultimate Alliance! That is one of my faves on that game and one of my boys' faves as well (after Deadpool for them).

I'd really like to see one that's well done. Heck, if someone were willing to part with their work for a small fee.....;o) I don't think I could actually afford a custom figure, but it never hurst to ask what someone would want for it I guess.

Meanwhile, I am working on a SHIELD car. I don't have super steady hands for paint and such, but hopefully I'll have something decent and reproduceable so we can have more than one (assuming I find another base vehicle to do another)

If it goes well I'll try to put up some pics. If it doesn't look good, then I'll just come back and complain about my lack of talent. hehe

Really proud of this one....

Fixer from Thunderbolts (I am a thunderbolts fanatic)

based off Kev Walker's character design.

Next up is Boomerang (based on Declan Shalvey's design) and then Mach V and Songbird if someone ever casts the recent Zarana head... then I can tweak her hair to look like the electric bolt from recent issues.

Also working on a Zemo in his black uniform from the current Captain America run.

post-26053-1314922418_thumb.jpg

post-26053-1314922446_thumb.jpg

post-26053-1314922475_thumb.jpg

post-26053-1314922488_thumb.jpg

post-26053-1314922499_thumb.jpg

thanks, mate. I put off doing Fixer for a while cuz I was terrified of sculpting his headset and had no idea what pieces to cobble together for his gloves and shoulder pads... then it all kinda fell together. I'm currently unsure how I will do Songbird and Mach V but maybe this is a sign that they will fall together too... ;)

Ghost still ranks as the hardest and most rewarding custom I've attempted due to his odd helmet and skinny body.

You know that the flap, and collar is just a removable piece of "cape plastic" molded as part of the belt right? I used him for my Robin figure's body, head, lower arms, and upper legs:

before:

001-97.jpg

after:

003-77.jpg

005-54.jpg

Actually, where did you get that Batman head? Is it from the existing 1:18th scale TDK Batman, or is it a new mold?

before:

001-97.jpg

after:

003-77.jpg

005-54.jpg

Actually, where did you get that Batman head? Is it from the existing 1:18th scale TDK Batman, or is it a new mold?

Yep it's the one that came w/ the transforming Dark Night Batmobile. The gauntlets, and belt are from the same fig. I cut the arm up, and drilled the gauntlets out so I could slide, and glue them in place on the arms.

Okay, so without going back through 150+ pages of this thread, has anyone done a decent western ghost rider? Like the all white one on Ultimate Alliance! That is one of my faves on that game and one of my boys' faves as well (after Deadpool for them).

I'd really like to see one that's well done. Heck, if someone were willing to part with their work for a small fee.....;o) I don't think I could actually afford a custom figure, but it never hurst to ask what someone would want for it I guess.

Meanwhile, I am working on a SHIELD car. I don't have super steady hands for paint and such, but hopefully I'll have something decent and reproduceable so we can have more than one (assuming I find another base vehicle to do another)

If it goes well I'll try to put up some pics. If it doesn't look good, then I'll just come back and complain about my lack of talent. hehe

Post pics of it as you work on it, and if you get stumped pm me, and I'll see if I can offer you any tips to get past that step. Here's my step by step for my Batman Beyond Batmobile:

buildingtheBatmobile.jpg

Here it is done w/ Batsy Beyond:

028-4.jpg

Really proud of this one....

Fixer from Thunderbolts (I am a thunderbolts fanatic)

based off Kev Walker's character design.

Next up is Boomerang (based on Declan Shalvey's design) and then Mach V and Songbird if someone ever casts the recent Zarana head... then I can tweak her hair to look like the electric bolt from recent issues.

Also working on a Zemo in his black uniform from the current Captain America run.

That is an awesome custom, man. Good job.