DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow! awesome stuff from everyone!

And it took me a while to realize what Sizemore meant by "head from OPP". It took forever for that stupid old rap to get out of my head so I could think of a different meaning of "OPP"! LOL

"You down with OPP?"

"Yeah you know me!"

sorry, shouldn't have gone there.....probably been mentioned a thousand times before. But it is the first thought that came into my head sadly.

wow! awesome stuff from everyone!

And it took me a while to realize what Sizemore meant by "head from OPP". It took forever for that stupid old rap to get out of my head so I could think of a different meaning of "OPP"! LOL

"You down with OPP?"

"Yeah you know me!"

sorry, shouldn't have gone there.....probably been mentioned a thousand times before. But it is the first thought that came into my head sadly.

Why not we have since November 8, 2010 when OPP started. It's even in OPP .gif in my sig.

We have the money, we have the technology we can rebuild him...*pstt* Um...That's not Steve Austin. It's Steve Rogers. You're rebuilding CAPTAIN AMERICA!

Hehehe

Any way. I got done w/ Rulk earlier, and started thinking about a project I had been planning for a while combining my Steve Rogers movie/ comic line fig w/ my MU for the lower arms, and for the T bar crotch. I'm thinking about doing this w/ Bucky too, but his wrists at least move.

First and fore most DO NOT, AND I REPEAT DO NOT try to split his upper torso. The whole upper torso is one piece of the softer plastic they make the arms, and legs out of. IT DOES NOT SPLIT!

Now that that is out of the way here's what you need to do to get the best of both figs.

1)COMPLETELY disassemble both Caps

2)remove the pegs from the MU Cap's elbows, cut the elbows out of the movie/comic Cap's lower arm, and then put the elbow joint from the movie Cap in the MU Cap's lower arm, and put the pegs back in. They WON'T fit perfectly. You'll just have to soak them in hot water, and work the peg through.

3)drill, and Dremel out the lower torso until you can implant the T bar

4)glue it all back together

5)start turning the hips of the legs into T bar style by cutting off the pegs on the hips

6)then glue the hips joints in place, and start drilling the hips where the pegs were w/ a small drill bit for a pilot hole

7)now Drill, and Dremel the hole until it is basically an MU upper hip testing them on the fig often

8)(not shown) soak the upper body, arms, lower body, and legs, and put them together

RebuildingSteveRogers.jpg

028-6.jpg

029-6.jpg

030-3.jpg

We have the money, we have the technology we can rebuild him...*pstt* Um...That's not Steve Austin. It's Steve Rogers. You're rebuilding CAPTAIN AMERICA!

Hehehe

Any way. I got done w/ Rulk earlier, and started thinking about a project I had been planning for a while combining my Steve Rogers movie/ comic line fig w/ my MU for the lower arms, and for the T bar crotch. I'm thinking about doing this w/ Bucky too, but his wrists at least move.

First and fore most DO NOT, AND I REPEAT DO NOT try to split his upper torso. The whole upper torso is one piece of the softer plastic they make the arms, and legs out of. IT DOES NOT SPLIT!

Now that that is out of the way here's what you need to do to get the best of both figs.

2)remove the pegs from the MU Cap's elbows, cut the elbows out of the movie/comic Cap's lower arm, and then put the elbow joint from the movie Cap in the MU Cap's lower arm, and put the pegs back in. They WON'T fit perfectly. You'll just have to soak them in hot water, and work the peg through.

5)start turning the hips of the legs into T bar style by cutting off the pegs on the hips

6)then glue the hips joints in place, and start drilling the hips where the pegs were w/ a small drill bit for a pilot hole

7)now Drill, and Dremel the hole until it is basically an MU upper hip testing them on the fig often

8)(not shown) soak the upper body, arms, lower body, and legs, and put them together

028-6.jpg

029-6.jpg

030-3.jpg

Thanks Rod! for the 'how to's'. i tried the hip thing(trying to convert movie line to t-bar) once and broke it...then gave up... but now that i know it works then i dont have to wait to find hip joints whose colors match my figures hip joints.(i hate painting my action figures)

did you have to 'perfectly' glue the 'hip rotator' inside the 'ball'?

Still love the hulks! my only problem is that i never liked the lack of bicep swivel in that mold.

So I'm thinking about painting the face of my ML BAF Sentinel to match the tan color tone of the (correctly colored) MU Sentinel. I'm wondering if this is comic accurate for that particular Sentinel (I can't seem to find any pics of what it looked like in the comics). I'm on the fence about it because the Sentinel looks fine as is, but I'm really a fan of the traditional 90's cartoon Sentinel look. What do you guys think?

Hehehe

028-6.jpg

029-6.jpg

030-3.jpg

Thanks Rod! for the 'how to's'. i tried the hip thing(trying to convert movie line to t-bar) once and broke it...then gave up... but now that i know it works then i dont have to wait to find hip joints whose colors match my figures hip joints.(i hate painting my action figures)

did you have to 'perfectly' glue the 'hip rotator' inside the 'ball'?

Still love the hulks! my only problem is that i never liked the lack of bicep swivel in that mold.

I used the spot where the "pegs" were as my guide for drilling & Dremeling. So yeah I glued the hip rotator in place. I thought I had blown it one the one before I glued it because the bit went through the side of the rotator. Just take it slow, and easy. If you go to fast you'll destroy it. Keep the bit going as fast as possible so that it doesn't bind, but let it do the work.

Like swinging a hammer you pick it up, and let it drop just guiding it to the mark. You do slam it into the nail or you'll hit your thumb, or bend the nail.

Same here. If you try to force the bit you'll dull it, run it straight through into your finger, or thoroughly destroy the piece. Now of course the other option is replace the legs w/ JL Cyke legs, but that could get expensive.

As for the Hulks I understand what you're saying, and even thought about trying to combine the new Juggy shoulders w/ the W1 Hulk lower arms but the shoulders are too small to look right. I think. I might take another look at them, and see if I can further upgrade my Hulks.

And D as far as the repaint goes I say just repaint the silver maroon, because I've never seen a purple, and silver Sentinel, and I did some searching this morning. They'd of been better off painting it green, and silver for the AoA Sentinel look.

This is one of my favorite Marvel Characters, unfortunatly there is no 3 3/4" version as of yet. This figure is composed of parts from 6 lines: Star Wars, Build & Brawl, Super Hero Showdown, Chronicles of Narnia, Thor, GI Joe, and I had to Sacrifice one of my daughter's fuzzy Teddy Bears to bring Ares The "God of War" to life. Let me know what you thinks.

Ares "The God of War"

Ares.jpg

Ares2.jpg

Ares3.jpg

Ares4.jpg

Looks great! I'm really hoping that Hasbro makes Ares in 2012. He's long overdue.

Let me take a swing at the parts list:

Head: Star Wars (looks like the red cloaked guard or maybe a Mandalorian warrior)

Torso and Arms: Build and Brawl

Thighs: SHS Punisher

Bottom Legs: Thor

Chestplate: Rise of Cobra MARS Trooper

Arms Pieces: Chronicles of Narnia (Centaur?)