DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rodimus, nice to see more cyclops love. :cyclops:

I've got an Original X-men team in the works. Cyke is basically done aside from paint, as is Angel, and Iceman. Marvel Girl is mostly assembled just need to add her hair, and paint, but my problem is Beast. I tried the Frost Giant hands, and feet, but they were too small. So then I tried Hulk arms, and lower legs, bur they look too big.

008-49.jpg

010-29.jpg

010-2-1.jpg

hmm, yah the hulk looks too big. Now I used the spiderman body for cyclops since he was nicknamed slim and wasn't as muscular. I like how it turned out. Which those bodys would work for angel and iceman too. I'm curious if maybe for beast use that 2 pack cyclops as the body and then try the frost giants hands and legs. Still they may be too small. It's a toughie for me.

Rodimus, nice to see more cyclops love. :cyclops:

I've got an Original X-men team in the works. Cyke is basically done aside from paint, as is Angel, and Iceman. Marvel Girl is mostly assembled just need to add her hair, and paint, but my problem is Beast. I tried the Frost Giant hands, and feet, but they were too small. So then I tried Hulk arms, and lower legs, bur they look too big.

008-49.jpg

010-29.jpg

010-2-1.jpg

Im thinking of going with a venom(from the spidey line)

you could add a 'small' marvel legends hands and feet. or a 6inch wrestlers?

yeah, I don't think that Warpath body works for Beast. It is too tall and slender. Beast is not tall (listed at 5'11"), he is just bulky. That Warpath body is for characters 6'6"- 6'7".

better body choices would be:

the X-Force Wolverine, SW brown/tan Wolverine, or the yellow/blue Wolverine (same body). it is pretty bulky and not overly tall.

or some of the Cap movie line figures. US Agent, like he mentioned above. or Captain Britain. Also, Crossbones has some great arms if you can modify the sleeve cuff on the forearm

I just grabbed the X-Force Warpath because I'm going to be replacing it w/ the one that's coming out. I have the red & blue WP, and I have the 35th Anni Thunderbird coming in the mail. I just need to find the X-force pack. I lost one of his knives, but I have both of the ones from my red/blue one. Not that it'll matter soon due to me getting ready to mold, and cast soon. Just won an ebay auction on a pressure cooker so I just need to get the parts to modify it into a pressure pot, and the rubber, and resin. Well that, and lots of practice.

Now as for US Agent he is a really good build, but the armor detailing is the biggest problem w/ him. I just looked into the single pack Cap Britain, and He looks to be a good size, and my local Target has a few of him. So I might pick him up on Thursday when I get paid. Only problem w/ him is the ankles, but I have several figs in my fodder box for parts mostly Joes, but I have a bunch of MU fodder too. My dad got this box for me at Home Depot. Check it out.

004-85.jpg

Thanks for the help guys. You've given me allot of options to think about.

rodimus, i thought the same thing!! i searched for that warpath for ages and it was always 60 bucks or so!! i was sad to see it as part of a custom, like painting over the mona lisa cause you needed a canvas. IF it's not beatup you might be able to trade it for something else ya might want

oh and also... you are usiing an X-force Warpath for a custom!?!? I could trade you the red/blue version lol

Just have to add the fine details...

005-2.jpg

004-3.jpg

the right leg looks good.. but the left leg doesn't fit right... it's not a seamless transition from the top of the thigh to the lower thigh... and it looks kinda odd

Trust me he's not done yet. That is pretty much what they both looked like at first. So my guess is that he just popped it on there so that Hulk could stand so that you can see the right leg on the body.