MU Customs

DarthOnyx

So I have been working on my Terrax custom using the part I got from Onyx Phoenix (it's awesome). However I am stuck on trying to make his shoulder pads. I tried molding them with green stuff last night and they sucked. Now I am looking at using some rubber sheet. Any suggestions? I am using Apocalypse as the base figure and made a new neck ball on him to accomodate the different head. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK i have thinkung about doing a custom and wanted the boards opinion im thinkin loki using serpentors body

this serpentor

http://www.yojoe.com/action/07/agu/serpentor4.shtml

The cape and body definitely work. Does that helmet come off at all? What about the snake thing on his shoulders? Regardless, you're definitely going to have to do a lot of sculpting.

OK i have thinkung about doing a custom and wanted the boards opinion im thinkin loki using serpentors body

this serpentor

http://www.yojoe.com/action/07/agu/serpentor4.shtml

The cape and body definitely work. Does that helmet come off at all? What about the snake thing on his shoulders? Regardless, you're definitely going to have to do a lot of sculpting.

im debating sculpting over serpentors head or loki's head i actualy like the snakes ive made my own red skull sorta my own custom with the help of opp

I've been planning this one for a while, and even asked for help finding some appropriate hands, and feet for him recently. Through my asking for help our friend Pushyoudown came through in a HUGE way. So I want to thank him VERY much.

Here's my W.i.P. Beast

010-30.jpg

I'm really not feeling the hands at that angle but the feet are perfect

Where'd they come from?

They're from the LOTR Golem.

It probably was just the angle I had them posed at.

I woke up late this morning so couldn't take the kids to church, and decided to paint Cyke, and Beast.

005-72.jpg

006-55.jpg

007-45.jpg

008-50.jpg

Rod, maybe use the lower arms and legs from one of the larger figures so the ankles and wrists don't look so small compared to the hands and feet.

Which ones do you recommend? The Warpath wrists are even more narrow than the Wolvie ones, and though Warpath's lower legs are larger. They are also longer, and make him too tall.

Awesome looking IM! It looks like it would be a killer statue too actually. Great job on the paints.

On another note.....I found some decent wings that I was thinking a out trying to use to make a Songbird figure. I took a couple pics with Ms Marvel so you can see the relative size but I don't think I want to use Ms Marvel as the base. Who should I use? Mixing parts really isn't an option I'm ready to try right now. Minor part swapping, maybe.... But basically I want to paint the figure and the wings and attach them. So who would be best? Or is there another character I should be making with these wings instead?

CAP_0002_8x10.jpg

CAP_0001_8x10.jpg

And in retrospect I guess this post should have been in the WIP thread or the asking for help thread (I think there's a thread for that anyway).

Awesome looking IM! It looks like it would be a killer statue too actually. Great job on the paints.

On another note.....I found some decent wings that I was thinking a out trying to use to make a Songbird figure. I took a couple pics with Ms Marvel so you can see the relative size but I don't think I want to use Ms Marvel as the base. Who should I use? Mixing parts really isn't an option I'm ready to try right now. Minor part swapping, maybe.... But basically I want to paint the figure and the wings and attach them. So who would be best? Or is there another character I should be making with these wings instead?

CAP_0002_8x10.jpg

CAP_0001_8x10.jpg

And in retrospect I guess this post should have been in the WIP thread or the asking for help thread (I think there's a thread for that anyway).

dude, I seen a custom songbird that used falcons wings upside down. it looked pretty sick.

Rodimus - I like the figure but I can't get past the hands!! For me I think it's a case of not wanting hand articulation, but at least they are a good size. Can you find that LOTR stuff in stores or do you have to buy it online? I agree with Onyx but I think you're right about the height, maybe a lil putty would help.

Commander Rogers - I think Ms Marvel is a good choice for songbird if you're looking at MU the rest look a bit durfy to me. Another option would be looking at Onyx's and see if there's a head ya like but if it were me I'd just go with the Ms Marvel.

Rod, maybe use the lower arms and legs from one of the larger figures so the ankles and wrists don't look so small compared to the hands and feet.

Which ones do you recommend? The Warpath wrists are even more narrow than the Wolvie ones, and though Warpath's lower legs are larger. They are also longer, and make him too tall.

hmm.. yeah, sorry to say it.. but the hands and feet look really strange... he looks like a frog or something instead of Beast.

I think they are too long and not bulky enough.

and I agree that the wrists and ankles are too slender to go with them

hmm.. yeah, sorry to say it.. but the hands and feet look really strange... he looks like a frog or something instead of Beast.

I think the feet are fine...but he needs at least one punching fist!

Well the connection points match up size wise so if I made the ankles, and wrists thicker they would look more like bracelets, and anklets.

As for his hands his right hand can almost make a fist.

Well the connection points match up size wise so if I made the ankles, and wrists thicker they would look more like bracelets, and anklets.

As for his hands his right hand can almost make a fist.

Rod,

I would think that to correct the issue that everyone is mentioning (its the wrist not the hands) you could consider looking at some images and beefing up is forearms. Early Hank looked like a linebacker and a gorilla mated. So larger forearms may solve everyones visual issues.

WHAT HEAD IS THAT!?! It totally rules!

The Stark looking head is Wraith from the Joe line (i will check to see if I have any others and will pm you about it). My question is which IM head is that. I tried this with several of the original IM heads from MU and not a single one would work on this (they ended up ripping or otherwise tearing being they are too small).