MU Customs

DarthOnyx

I think that what was throwing off the look of his wrists to his hands was that the pegs I made were just a tad bit too long, and the hands weren't flush against the arm.

001-120.jpg

002-109.jpg

003-94.jpg

004-86.jpg

looks good. the hands look better 'buried' a little deeper. anyway, i like your ingenuity. i'm always tring to find larger parts for specific characters. i personally think that the shoulder joints and/or arms of the medium sized brutes(warpath, wrecking crew, thor, cage+) arent big enough. so i bought a few 6 inch wrestlers to use their arms...which of course are too long. but that can be augmented. anyway, Rey mysterios arms would almost be perfect for some. just shorten the wrist a bit.

i still think those wrestlers would have good hands for the beast too.

on a side note...how does one post pics with out using attachment space?

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not quite a custom but more of a repaint (with a sharpie even).. I don't like the dull gray of the X-Force pack but wanted them to complement X-23, even better I don't have the single X-Force Wolvie nor do I have Warpath...

So I went to go pick up a silver sharpie and got down to it... finished wolvie and deadpool has his torso to go... Here's a comparison shot of Wolverine and non sharpied Warpath.

post-26191-1317074693_thumb.jpg

I went sharpie crazy and did one of my archangels in x-force garb too...

Sharpie? Please tell me you didn't. I've done that before, and I'm regretting it now. My Spider armor Spidey, and Cosmic Spidey are all sticky now, and have lint, and dust all stuck to them. I suggest painting over it now before you forget about it, and go back one day and silver sharpie sticks to your fingers.

I'm planning on painting X's silver gray. I like the black, and gray because it makes more sense for stealth ops than shiny silver.

Sharpie? Please tell me you didn't. I've done that before, and I'm regretting it now. My Spider armor Spidey, and Cosmic Spidey are all sticky now, and have lint, and dust all stuck to them. I suggest painting over it now before you forget about it, and go back one day and silver sharpie sticks to your fingers.

I'm planning on painting X's silver gray. I like the black, and gray because it makes more sense for stealth ops than shiny silver.

agreed. i siver sharpied a marvel legends colossus 2 years ago. i can still use him to draw silver onto another chracter if i wished. that stuff does not seem to dry...especially on the softer rubber limbs.

agreed. i siver sharpied a marvel legends colossus 2 years ago. i can still use him to draw silver onto another chracter if i wished. that stuff does not seem to dry...especially on the softer rubber limbs.

LOL.. I think I'm beginning to see now... I had a baroness that i sharpied black (bored @ work), and that was 3-4 years ago.. it's still good.. dry and not rubbing off.. But it's the silver sharpie that's a problem...

Maybe I can seal it or something.. So far they dried but I can see how you can still rub off the silver pretty easily. I guess these guys will be the display, don't touch type. hehehe

I'm not very good w/ a paint brush.. :-\

It also does make sense that gray would be better for stealth ops stuff but the silver just looks cool.

Oh and my little 3 year old already knows not to touch the "sticky" marvel. :-)

Hey, this isn't really a custom, but my Commander Rogers has yellow paint on his cheek. Do you guys have ideas on how to get that off without hurting the plastic, it's pretty soft. Also, not sure if you guys have the new Rogers yet, but on mine the shin guard is off to the side on one leg.. any ideas how to get that to move? Lol, I know, but I figure you guys who do customs are well versed in these things. I tried heating the leg up in hot water but that sucker is on their tight and I can't get a hold on the actual leg to get the shin guard to move.

Also, in terms of customs, has anyone thought about taking the ne Namor figure, taking the vest & belt from the toxic armor one (or w/e he was called) and trying to make an X-Men Namor?

Hey, this isn't really a custom, but my Commander Rogers has yellow paint on his cheek. Do you guys have ideas on how to get that off without hurting the plastic, it's pretty soft. Also, not sure if you guys have the new Rogers yet, but on mine the shin guard is off to the side on one leg.. any ideas how to get that to move? Lol, I know, but I figure you guys who do customs are well versed in these things. I tried heating the leg up in hot water but that sucker is on their tight and I can't get a hold on the actual leg to get the shin guard to move.

Also, in terms of customs, has anyone thought about taking the ne Namor figure, taking the vest & belt from the toxic armor one (or w/e he was called) and trying to make an X-Men Namor?

I REALLY wish I had Commander Rogers in hand, but IF his shin guards are just rubbery plastic slid over the lower leg then if you soak it in hot, and I mean like almost boiling hot water for a minute or 2 you should be able to slip it off, and then slide it back on. As for the yellow on his face there are 2 ways to fix it. If you have some rubbing alcohol, or nail polish remover you can use that w/ a Q-tip, and just keep rubbing it, and it should just rub off. The other option is to go get some flesh color paint, and tan paint at Wal-mart, and paint over it. The tan will give the flesh a tanish look. Just dip the brush in tan, and then in flesh give it a little swirl, and then apply it evenly going over the spot where you first applied it mixing the colors in your brush, and on the face.

Yeah, his shin guards are exactly like that. I only left it in the water for about 15 seconds before, now that I know it's okay to leave it longer I will. Thanks! Ah, great rubbing alcohol, that sounds like the way to go. It's splotchy not solid, so hopefully it won't be too hard to get off. Hmm, I don't want to have to paint over it since his face is flesh colored plastic, but I will if I have to. Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it!

Awesome, I'll pick some up later and give it a shot. I fixed the shin guard just now, only probably is now it's a bit loose. I'll take that over it being crooked though. Thanks guys!

RodimusVTS, since I posted before and I feel impolite not responding, I'm gonna edit this post. 2-3 hours, wow, now I feel safe leaving them in. I'm glad I asked because there are some other figures whose legs I wanted to straighten a bit.

After I fix Roger's face, I might open up my Power Man & Iron Fist and see if I can remove some of Power Man's over painted hair and find some black paint to fix where they missed his hairline. Any good paint for these guys?

Yeah, his shin guards are exactly like that. I only left it in the water for about 15 seconds before, now that I know it's okay to leave it longer I will. Thanks! Ah, great rubbing alcohol, that sounds like the way to go. It's splotchy not solid, so hopefully it won't be too hard to get off. Hmm, I don't want to have to paint over it since his face is flesh colored plastic, but I will if I have to. Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it!

No prob. I soak my figs in hot water for several minutes when I'm trying to disassemble them. My Hulk spent about 2 or 3 hours in hot water when I was combining the best parts of the wave 1, and Avengers pack hulks into one.

Okay, I fixed Commander Rogers face. The rubbing alcohol wasn't doing it, so I took a pair of tweezers and was able to scrape it off. I think the alcohol must have softed it up, but it just couldn't take it off alone. He looks great now, just gotta touch up with some white on his suit and he'll be perfect. Thanks again guys!