MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, I fixed Commander Rogers face. The rubbing alcohol wasn't doing it, so I took a pair of tweezers and was able to scrape it off. I think the alcohol must have softed it up, but it just couldn't take it off alone. He looks great now, just gotta touch up with some white on his suit and he'll be perfect. Thanks again guys!

you're welcome! :D

Okay, should I be able to separate Mystique's body sections? I mean can I separate her upper and lower torso if I boil her? Should she just pop apart or do I need to separate her front and back haves to get the torso to separate. I'm also wanting the arms to come free so I can paint the sections separately. She's been soaking in just about boiling water for a long time but each time I take her out she's still too stubborn to separate.

I've been pulling on her boobs and waist to separate the torso sections, but I'm wondering if I should be trying to separate front and back first. And how do I do that without leaving some kind of marks from a screw driver or something?

aaargh. Obviously I'm pretty new at this.lol

and in how many places can you say you've been "pulling on her boobs and waist" without sounding like some kind of perv?lol

lmao. i had to separate front and back everytime. just use an exacto knife (or similar) very carefully and patiently until it can fit a small screwdriver head then slowly pry...if it isnt easy...then use the exacto again. 'slice' along each seam until its ready to be pry/popped.

Ah, thanks. I've got lots of small screw drivers, a tiny scrap-booking pair of tweezers that I use for applying decals, and some good "tongs" and pliers. But I don't think I have an exacto knife anywhere!lol Looks like it's time to add to the tools. (yes! I can spend some money at Walmart even if they don't have any new toys!)

I'm going to give that a try though. I really want to get her apart to paint her.

oh, and anyone have any suggestions on some Testors paint colors to use to make SHIELD agents? I'd like her to match the guys from the henchmen 3pk.

That is assuming that Testors model paints are the thing to use. If not, please set me straight before I screw something else up. Planning on using acrylic too since it's easier to clean up than enamel. Good choice or plain stupid?

So I'm working on a repaint of the X-Force Deadpool. My only problem is that I can't seem to find a way to get his teleporter/belt thing off to paint him. Anyone know a way to get this stupid thing off?

yup, got the harness off him the other night. first you'll want to pop the head and a leg off then get the belt up as far as you can to the upper torso so you can get the top of the harness over the neck post. then with one leg already popped off, you can slide the belt down and off his hips.

I don't think I ever showed my blond Black Widow figure, so here's a pic I took a couple hours ago with my kid's camera. It's a louzy snapshot of part of my "Cap" display area (or one of them anyway).

I just had to have a blonde BW, as I'm sure some others have felt too.

HPIM0012.jpg

Not too bad I guess. Got her ready to gun down the redhead as she speeds by on her cycle. rarh!

And I know the hair style isn't really accurate. But it was the best I could find so far. It really needs to be dremeled out inside too because it's too tight. But, like I said, it works for now.

Dang it!!!!!

I finally got Mystique's torso completely apart, and while trying to remove the pegs from her elbow's I lost one. I doubt I'll ever find it too. Man, this sucks. I am soooooo NOT mechanically inclined. Now I don't know what to do. Even if I find the right colors of paint (still planning on Testors acrylic paint for models unless someone says otherwise) I won't be able to put her back together without that stupid little piece of plastic to hold her elbow together!

Any suggestions? preferably something other than "buy a whole other figure" too please.lol

Oh, and to top it all off, I cut myself multiple times while trying to pry that witch apart too.lol I guess some people just weren't meant to work with tools. ;o)

So I'm working on a repaint of the X-Force Deadpool. My only problem is that I can't seem to find a way to get his teleporter/belt thing off to paint him. Anyone know a way to get this stupid thing off?

yup, got the harness off him the other night. first you'll want to pop the head and a leg off then get the belt up as far as you can to the upper torso so you can get the top of the harness over the neck post. then with one leg already popped off, you can slide the belt down and off his hips.

That did it. Thanks!

Does anyone know if it is possible to strip the paint from a Flame On Human Torch so I can repaint it clear yellow?

he is kindof a yellowy orange when you get the paint off him.

Wha did you use to get the paint off of him?

Thanks

"Goof off" but it will take forever. i was using it to take off the whitish lines and realised that it was taking off the orangy brown as well. i'm not 100% sure what color the torso would be because it seemed to be harder to take the paint off the torso. it took 45 minutes of careful paint removal for just how far i went with it.

use a q tip dipped in goof off(pour it on the end?) if you use too much you can melt the plastic. 'rub the paint off, moving in one direction. you will wind up using many q tips as well.

Does anyone know if it is possible to strip the paint from a Flame On Human Torch so I can repaint it clear yellow?

he is kindof a yellowy orange when you get the paint off him.

Wha did you use to get the paint off of him?

Thanks

"Goof off" but it will take forever. i was using it to take off the whitish lines and realised that it was taking off the orangy brown as well. i'm not 100% sure what color the torso would be because it seemed to be harder to take the paint off the torso. it took 45 minutes of careful paint removal for just how far i went with it.

use a q tip dipped in goof off(pour it on the end?) if you use too much you can melt the plastic. 'rub the paint off, moving in one direction. you will wind up using many q tips as well.

Cool, thanks man. I appreciate your help.