MU Customs

DarthOnyx

Allen, is that an Odin body? and where'd the head come from?

Like the idea with the other lanterns too. My kids have been trying to get me to get more Lanterns and switch some heads to make "new" ones. The main reason they've thought of it is because of the switchable heads that they've already included in a few waves, plus the fact that we sometimes switch heads to make different SHIELD agents in both MU and ML stuff. One of these days I'm going to order a bunch of heads from Onyx to make some more agents and stuff.

So are you planning on re-painting any of them or just swapping heads. I've only head swapped until recently. I've got a female SHIELD agent that I've been working on. The pain is about done and soon I'll have to put her together, but I'm missing a stupid elbow hinge now.lol And somehow I've got to do the emblem on her too.

Yeah I used Odin. I painted the body gold to match a statue I seen of King Arthur. It's also an Obi-wan head I'm using.

Yeah every since I found those Green Lanterns on clearance for 5 bucks I've been buying tons of them. I was able to pick up a few of the 5 packs awhile back on clearance for 29.99 too so I'm building an army. I'll send you some pics later of them so far bro.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there maybe a list of what body types those legs will and won't fit with? I'm not going to throw them on, say, Hulk but I think they'd work great with Nightcrawler and maybe the older Spideys, but I'm not sure if they'd look proportional with them. Thoughts?

I don't know what all figures they will fit as I don't have the time to go through all my figures, on but I am pretty sure they will fit on most.it may take a little sanding and re-tooling for a few. Keep in mind that the resin I use is ideal for sanding and /or a dremel. Much more so than the original plastic. In the event that a cast piece is too tight to fit, heat it up. You'll be amazed at how well the piece takes heat without any damage.

My puck is still a wip. because i think i can shorten the joint between the hip and thigh....and i still haveta paint it.

Head/face: head is union jack with face cut out to incorporate one of the faces of zartan. mustache is tiny sliver of rubber glued on.

upper torso: black spidey. neck was shortened

lower torso: snake eyes, sanded to fit

Groin/waist:wwe build n' brawl chris jericho

hips/legs: chris jericho, shortened.

:)

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

okay everyone...please be gentle. This is my first custom, and although I want to do more to it, I am posting to see what everyone else thinks. Thanks to ONYX for the 30 min chat the other day with tips and tricks. I hope you guys like it. It took me about 3 hours to do.

I present to you my DAYS OF FUTURES PAST LOGAN

Parts list:

Head from Maskless Wolvie (XMO)

Body and thighs from XMO Logan (thanks RHINOMAN)

Calves from GI JOE 25th Sgt. Stalker

Arms and Jacket from Indiana Jones

Hands from Madripoor Logan (2-pack w/ SS)

Painted the hair, the shirt underneath jacket, pants, and the gloves.

Before Paint

firstcustom001.jpg

After Paint

firstcustom004.jpg

firstcustom003.jpg

firstcustom002.jpg

Feedback requested as this was my first try at this

(still need to touch up some areas of paint)

wow, really digging the customs and mods warspectre! what'd you use for thor's hair and how'd you raise the juggernaut torso?

the torso is just sitting on top of the peg right now. i'm still contemplating what to do?

Thors hair was/is the helmet/hair from modern thor...i peeled of the paint and started whittling away at the helmet ...then made some cuts with an exacto knife for the lines. it doesnt look quite right especially because i had to fill the peg holes from the helmet wings...so i may have to use some green stuff and paint. :(

i think the best option is to get the whole connector pole out, extend it and then cast it so it's all one piece. and for just x-actoing the helmet to make the top of his hair, that's a damn fine job.

also, shortysben, that days of future past logan is top notch, great usage of parts and paint. just gotta paint the trim and collar that yellowy tan color.

i think the best option is to get the whole connector pole out, extend it and then cast it so it's all one piece. and for just x-actoing the helmet to make the top of his hair, that's a damn fine job.

also, shortysben, that days of future past logan is top notch, great usage of parts and paint. just gotta paint the trim and collar that yellowy tan color.

Yeah I know, I am gonna get some Greenstuff soon to make an addition of the Fur Colar and Jacket Edges...

Thanks, Its been way too long that I planned on doing some customs of my own, and I figured this would be an easy way to get my foot in the door...

It all seemed really easy, thanks to onyx advice, and tips. The hardest part was boiling and popping the joe calves on a XMO Thigh...