MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought a Invaders Red Skull and X-Force Archangel on Ebay, but they came without accesories.

Having read about Shapeways on other forums, I decided to give it a try and make some replacement accesories for the figures:

Fo

I gave my regular Archangel's wings to the X-Force, and made folded ones for the regular:

Unpainted:

post-13615-1319133262_thumb.jpg

Painted silver:

post-13615-1319133272_thumb.jpgpost-13615-1319133290_thumb.jpg

On the figure:

post-13615-1319133312_thumb.jpgpost-13615-1319133323_thumb.jpgpost-13615-1319133336_thumb.jpgpost-13615-1319133366_thumb.jpg

With X-Force Archangel:

post-13615-1319133390_thumb.jpg

All can be found on my Shapeways shop: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/scrypt

I would definitely be buying a pair of Archangel wings if there wasn't a 20 dollar shipping charge. Any chance of you moving to the states so I can get cheaper shipping?`

Funny story, I accidentally clicked on the Marvel Legends thread without realizing it and started to get pissed even saying out loud ,"where the **** is the customs thread!?" LOL

Anyway, I did this LBC. A much needed one IMO. Let's be honest, the one Hasbro gave us sucks monkey nuts! I may redo it though because the paint I used is enamel and I did not notice it until well into the project and it didn't take as smoothly as I would like.

Body - MU Cyclops

Upper Thighs - O.P.P. cast

Head MU Sivler Surfer modded

Left hand- O.P.P. cast

003-10.jpg

001-13.jpg

Funny story, I accidentally clicked on the Marvel Legends thread without realizing it and started to get pissed even saying out loud ,"where the **** is the customs thread!?" LOL

Anyway, I did this LBC. A much needed one IMO. Let's be honest, the one Hasbro gave us sucks monkey nuts! I may redo it though because the paint I used is enamel and I did not notice it until well into the project and it didn't take as smoothly as I would like.

Body - MU Cyclops

Left hand- O.P.P. cast

003-10.jpg

001-13.jpg

love it Onyx! have you tried a 'final layer' of silver acrylic over the enamel? would that work to help seal it/dry it up?

Found a random Terminator Salvation TRIP robot at Tuesday Morning...twas bored. tadaa...Warlock.

6255987331_c638434436_z.jpg

wow, that makes a great warlock.

I've thought a few times it would be neat to make a Warlock/Douglock/whatever he went/goes by; but I could never come up with a good idea of what to start with. Well, and I'm not really great with tools in my hands.lol

Body - MU Cyclops

Left hand- O.P.P. cast

003-10.jpg

001-13.jpg

wow! now there's an improvement

I would definitely be buying a pair of Archangel wings if there wasn't a 20 dollar shipping charge. Any chance of you moving to the states so I can get cheaper shipping?`

It's not my shop, they 3D-print the designs you upload.

I don't think they charge 20 on shipping, they just require you to buy for $25 minimum, which is why I waited to order until I had different designs which totaled for more then $25

I was so impressed with the customs I recieved from Legend I felt I had to go ahead and complete the new team. So here is a New group shot of X-Force and my AoA Nightcrawler as a member of X-Force.

looks good, did you paint a grey primer or anything for the "tattoo"? Mine isn't bright enough because I painted right over the blue.

I was so impressed with the customs I recieved from Legend I felt I had to go ahead and complete the new team. So here is a New group shot of X-Force and my AoA Nightcrawler as a member of X-Force.

looks good, did you paint a grey primer or anything for the "tattoo"? Mine isn't bright enough because I painted right over the blue.

Model Master Neutral Grey right over the blue no primer. I used a X-23 X-logo from her belt and just added a little gray over the red. I was really fun completing him this was my first time using Model Master paint and I have to say I will be buy a whole lot more of this stuff.

What kind of paint do you guys use? I've tried the model kit enamels, and like Onyx they don't seem the best way to go. I like that Silver Surfer, although I still can't stand the head sculpt. I haven't seen a Silver Surfer figure I like yet though. It's too bad Hasbro won't made a body just for Silver Surfer that had a sense of the liquid like quality he has.

I use acrylics from Wal-mart. I've been thinking about trying to track down 2 more Scarlet Spidey figs. One for Silver Surfer, and one for an improved Deadpool (though I might make him from a Cyke, or Comm Rogers), and then spray paint the Surfer silver, and the spray that w/ an acrylic clear coat, or I'll try to find some silver acrylic spray paint.