MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tooooo big... but track down the 90 Hulk line Wendigo and he's perfect.

Yeah I agree WAY too big. We need one that's closer to the Juggy mold size.

...but taller.

yeah i was hoping ml wendigo would be a good candidate for an mu sasquatch custom...but he is too big.

might make a good wendi-hulk custom though!

This here has been a labor of love. As anyone who knows me, or just by looking at my avatar, knows Robocop is my favorite sci-Fi character. But i couldn't just make him, he had to be done right.

He has a cut neck, ball socket shoulders, hinge pin elbows, cut wrist/forearm, cut waist, cut hips, hinge pin knees, and hinge pin ankles.

045da586.jpg

He has swappable weapon hands

727b1025.jpg

His jetpack

eff50122.jpg

Removable helmet and data spike

6e3ce1c2.jpg

And a working leg holster

70cebd78.jpg

Sorry some of the picks aren't the best, but I just wanted to share him with you guys.

You guys inspired me to make one. I always liked Magneto but his outfits always disappointed. So, I decided to do my own version of what I thought he should look like based on his characteristics of being militant, egotistical, somewhat regal, as well as his master of magnetism. So, using a movie Loki, I felt it was perfect. I don't mind his lack of a cape because, frankly, who would wear a cape in reality? I also prefer his younger appearance. It's just a total repaint with movie Thor lower legs. I also wanted him to have some metallic ornamentation on his outfit to reflect his abilities somewhat, while also incorporating blacks to enhance. I'm working on a helmeted head for this as well. He's also taller than the SW Magneto.

007-2.jpg

015.jpg

006-6.jpg

You guys inspired me to make one. I always liked Magneto but his outfits always disappointed. So, I decided to do my own version of what I thought he should look like based on his characteristics of being militant, egotistical, somewhat regal, as well as his master of magnetism. So, using a movie Loki, I felt it was perfect. I don't mind his lack of a cape because, frankly, who would wear a cape in reality? I also prefer his younger appearance. It's just a total repaint with movie Thor lower legs. I also wanted him to have some metallic ornamentation on his outfit to reflect his abilities somewhat, while also incorporating blacks to enhance. I'm working on a helmeted head for this as well. He's also taller than the SW Magneto.

007-2.jpg

015.jpg

006-6.jpg

Nicely done. perfect look for a 'ruler' type of character. totally screams magneto. i like it!

907Shane. love the robocop work you did to!

i cant believe you destroyed a stretch strike venom...

i cant even find one.

anyways, i like the custom, maybe some darker green paint mixed in

lol,

blame Hasbro about the stretch strike rarity,

I traded for this one for this specific purpose.

yeah I'm redoing the paint jobs....

so they will have more shades of green, no shine and more moss color tones for a more swamp vibe.

My October entry started out as a Jim Lee Cyke which I removed all of the little straps from, and then I added the collar w/ the cape removed, and a cloth one added, and head of a DCUIH Dr Fate, and the arms from an MU Capt Britain. I painted the Capt Britain arms navy blue, and then went over that w/ normal blue to match the look of the rest of the body, and then just painted the helmet, collar, gloves, midsection, and boots gold. Very quick, very simple.

005-75.jpg

006-58.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

Beautiful Dr Fate, Rodimus. And you have great taste, too, because you made a Dr. Fate.

On a totally different tip, this is more a repair question, but I think the people who like to weigh in on this thread would have some good suggestions:

I got a mi13 Captain Britain sent to me off eBay. He's basically the Captain Britain from the Cap line, with a different head sculpt and new forearms. The problem is the forearms, which are placed on the wrong shoulders. In other words, the left forearm is attached to the right shoulder piece, and the right forearm is attached to the left shoulder piece. It's not a very noticeable screwup, until you try and bend the forearms, and then you discover that they bend way further backwards than they do forwards.

Determined to fix it, I boiled some water and soaked the figure in it. Then I tried to pull the forearms out of their sockets. It did not work, not at all. Has anybody here tried to disconnect the forearms of one of the Cap figures? I am certain a peg holds them in the socket--I pulled it far enough that I could see the peg, but I could not pull the peg all the way out. I just wondered if anyone had tried this and had any success with it?

Beautiful Dr Fate, Rodimus. And you have great taste, too, because you made a Dr. Fate.

On a totally different tip, this is more a repair question, but I think the people who like to weigh in on this thread would have some good suggestions:

I got a mi13 Captain Britain sent to me off eBay. He's basically the Captain Britain from the Cap line, with a different head sculpt and new forearms. The problem is the forearms, which are placed on the wrong shoulders. In other words, the left forearm is attached to the right shoulder piece, and the right forearm is attached to the left shoulder piece. It's not a very noticeable screwup, until you try and bend the forearms, and then you discover that they bend way further backwards than they do forwards.

Determined to fix it, I boiled some water and soaked the figure in it. Then I tried to pull the forearms out of their sockets. It did not work, not at all. Has anybody here tried to disconnect the forearms of one of the Cap figures? I am certain a peg holds them in the socket--I pulled it far enough that I could see the peg, but I could not pull the peg all the way out. I just wondered if anyone had tried this and had any success with it?

yeah man.. I have done it. I switched the lower arms on the Heavy Artillery Cap and the Deluxe paratrooper Cap.

it worked fine for me..