MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, Clam! That's good to know. Did you use any tool or anything to get the arms off? I feel this serious resistance. Maybe I need to let the figure soak a little longer so that the plastic is seriously spongy...

I usually do most of my customizing on my days off, and after my kids have gone to bed. So I just soak the fig in a cup of straight hot water for about a minute, and then grab onto the arm wrapping it in my underwear w/ my left hand, and then pull the body w/ my right hand. It just pops right out usually. The only figs that really gave me trouble were the Iron Man figs. I had to soak those for about 2 minutes, but the cap figs are usually ready to pop after about a minute.

lol @ the stretch strike venom comment. That's Man-Thing right? He looks pretty good.

@ Onyx. I think you accomplished what you were going for. You gave magneto a nice spin.

Thanks bro. I think I'll change the head after my sarcastic GF said it looked like George Washington...LOL... Now , every time I look at it, all I is see George Washington.

Thanks bro. I think I'll change the head after my sarcastic GF said it looked like George Washington...LOL... Now , every time I look at it, all I is see George Washington.

Yeah the head was my least favorite part of it, It definitely worked but I just kept seeing loki with white hair... But George Washington would be worse.. unless you planned a comic - George Washington: King of England ;p

I'd be curious to see what he looked like with his Secret Wars head.

Yeah the head was my least favorite part of it, It definitely worked but I just kept seeing loki with white hair... But George Washington would be worse.. unless you planned a comic - George Washington: King of England ;p

Yeah, I have to go dig that one up I suppose. I found everything but the head so... got to go hunting.

Yeah, I have to go dig that one up I suppose. I found everything but the head so... got to go hunting.

What about the Eric head you have on OPP, and the helmet you had?

I picked up the green suited white gloved Red Skull the other day, and had been thinking about making Von Strucker for a while. So I grabbed the first Red Skull I picked up, and got to work.

I dug through my fodder box, and found an old Destro (the one w/ the cape on one shoulder, and spikes on the other), and then I kept looking until I found the spare DCUIH Lex Luthor head I had in there. I swapped out the right lower arm of the Destro w/ the Red Skull right lower arm, and then I switched out the left hands, and head. Then I cut a small piece of figure bubble plastic for his monacle (had to trace it so that it'd show up), and painted.

008-52.jpg

007-47.jpg

Strucker, and Red Skull

009-42.jpg

Hail Hydra!

006-60.jpg

Couldn't find the Kmart Ironman so I just did this...

6293265628_acaeb85c14.jpg

6292741379_523643a7f8.jpg

That is fantastic!!! That makes me want to actualy buy that Magneto now! How do you attach the XMO:W Iceman hands though, since they're attached the the forearm directly? I'm assuming this is a more involved process than a simple kitbash - any tips? THANKS!

Rod those two will look great with some Hydra hype men in the background!!!

Yeah I need to find some.

I need help help coming up with recipe for these three custom male new mutants can you guys help me out?

'd need some better images of them to build a custom parts profile. Nate is easy Comm Rogers head RoC shirtless Stormshadow body, XMOW biker Wolvie jacket, and Ghost Rider arms.

I dug through my fodder box, and found an old Destro (the one w/ the cape on one shoulder, and spikes on the other), and then I kept looking until I found the spare DCUIH Lex Luthor head I had in there.

I don't suppose you have an extra LL head. I've been wanting to stick that head on my SDCC Destro so I can have a finished Professor X.

Couldn't find the Kmart Ironman so I just did this...

6293265628_acaeb85c14.jpg

6292741379_523643a7f8.jpg

That is fantastic!!! That makes me want to actualy buy that Magneto now! How do you attach the XMO:W Iceman hands though, since they're attached the the forearm directly? I'm assuming this is a more involved process than a simple kitbash - any tips? THANKS!

HABRO are you seeing this if this figure would have came like this it would easily been top 3 MU figures of the year ? My second comment on this huge pat on the back guys I'm loving this fig so simple but beautiful idea

Thanks guys! I'm working on getting a better picture when I hit my local comic book shop this weekend. I having a hard time finding good shots of Cypher & Cannonball in that current x uniform. Dani & Magma are my next project I first want to try my luck with Cypher, Cannoball, Sunspot, & X-Man. Rod I love your recipe on X man he will be my first objective hopefully to start this weekend. Can you guys give me ideas for the face of Cyoher & Cannonball? Thanks again for all the feedback & help.