MU Customs

DarthOnyx

So I'm thinking about adding some green slime to my SS Venom's tongue. Anyone have any suggestions for a translucent green material that'll dry hard yet appear to look glossy and slimy?

gross! I don't know if theres anything like that but i've heard people using hot glue with clear paints to get that effect.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I'm thinking about adding some green slime to my SS Venom's tongue. Anyone have any suggestions for a translucent green material that'll dry hard yet appear to look glossy and slimy?

gross! I don't know if theres anything like that but i've heard people using hot glue with clear paints to get that effect.

Hmm. Maybe clear hot glue, clear green and then coat it with a clear gloss finisher. Anyone know if there's a company that makes a clear green?

Edit:

Nevermind, found something. This is going to take some trial and error, but I'm really excited to see if it will work out. I'll post pics as soon as I find something that works.

Hmm. Maybe clear hot glue, clear green and then coat it with a clear gloss finisher. Anyone know if there's a company that makes a clear green?

Edit:

Nevermind, found something. This is going to take some trial and error, but I'm really excited to see if it will work out. I'll post pics as soon as I find something that works.

My friend Brymstone used green paint, and super glue to do this:

DSC04080.jpg

is that major tom from venture bros?

HA! Nice, Diabolical! I was thinking the same thing. Goddamn, I love that show. :-)

I know Big Bang Pow is having trouble reaching their pre-order minimums to make the 3 3/4 figures they were showing off at SDCC this year, gonna be bummed if those don't get made.

You and me both. Last I read (last week at Kastor's) the pre-orders were only at 10%. I don't think they will happen, which is a bummer. I was going to replace my 8" VB dolls with 4" figures.

People can preorder from BBTS or any of their favorite online toy store.

is that major tom from venture bros?

HA! Nice, Diabolical! I was thinking the same thing. Goddamn, I love that show. :-)

I know Big Bang Pow is having trouble reaching their pre-order minimums to make the 3 3/4 figures they were showing off at SDCC this year, gonna be bummed if those don't get made.

You and me both. Last I read (last week at Kastor's) the pre-orders were only at 10%. I don't think they will happen, which is a bummer. I was going to replace my 8" VB dolls with 4" figures.

People can preorder from BBTS or any of their favorite online toy store.

Yeah, I was seriously looking forward to setting up a Brock Samson vs. Wolverine fight while the various MU and VB henchmen cheer them on and get drunk.

God, I've got way too much time on my hands. Anyways! Back to the customs! :-)

16589303[/url]']

so im working on some customs really my first attempt at customs but how do i post the pics? the first one will be done wendsday its an x-force costume cable--basicaly just repainted the curent cable we have black and silver but like i said its my first attempt at custom work so umm be gentle *l*

The easiest way for me to post pics is just open a free photo bucket account upload your photos there and copy past the img code from there and paste here or wherever you want.Hope that helps.

And can't wait to see what you make

Still got some minor paint issues to fix and a few other small tweeks so this is a LBC WIP of Avalanche.

WOW! Not one of the characters I would choose first, but you've done a great job with it and makes me want it now.

Meanwhile I've been butchering my second attempt at a custom figure. I like the way my MC2 Thing came out, but I'm not as sure how my Spider-Man Noir is coming. or maybe I should say Spider-Men since I'm trying to do a Shattered Dimensions version as well as the comic version (which I never read or even realized existed, but it's much easier to find images on the "web" - heehee, "web")

So here they are so far....

Bucket_CAP_0001.jpg

They both need goggles still. Unfortunately all the ones I have are too large. I thought for sure I had some that went with a Beachhead figure, but all of mine seem to be made to go over a helmet instead of fitting directly on a head. The goggles themselves are fine; it's the strap that holds them on that's too long on all of mine.

Of course, after putting together and painting the comic version on the right, I kinda wish I could do him as Fantomex now. But I know that paint job is beyond my current abilities.

Still got some minor paint issues to fix and a few other small tweeks so this is a LBC WIP of Avalanche.

WOW! Not one of the characters I would choose first, but you've done a great job with it and makes me want it now.

Meanwhile I've been butchering my second attempt at a custom figure. I like the way my MC2 Thing came out, but I'm not as sure how my Spider-Man Noir is coming. or maybe I should say Spider-Men since I'm trying to do a Shattered Dimensions version as well as the comic version (which I never read or even realized existed, but it's much easier to find images on the "web" - heehee, "web")

Bucket_CAP_0001.jpg

They both need goggles still. Unfortunately all the ones I have are too large. I thought for sure I had some that went with a Beachhead figure, but all of mine seem to be made to go over a helmet instead of fitting directly on a head. The goggles themselves are fine; it's the strap that holds them on that's too long on all of mine.

Of course, after putting together and painting the comic version on the right, I kinda wish I could do him as Fantomex now. But I know that paint job is beyond my current abilities.

loos good so far Mr. rogers!

Bucket_CAP_0001.jpg

loos good so far Mr. rogers!

oh geez! Mr Rogers? now people are going to picture me as some dweeb in a cardigan who talks to kids about their feelings.lol You did get that show up there too right? Mr Rogers Neighborhood. That would make a funny Superhero Squad episode!lmao

Anybody ever hear or read that Mr Rogers was an ex-Navy Seal who had been in alot of combat before retiring. Supposedly part of the reason for the silly sweaters he wore was to cover up his Navy tattoos!lol I'm sure it's one of those urban legends that's been debunked a thousand times and still gets passed as true for some reason.

Yes, Bishop does look rather professionally done. Great job. That Sandman is pretty killer too, though. Great job on the paint. Did you sculpt that head/face or is that directly from a figure? If so, which one? It's perfect for Sandman.

Love the Spidey foes shot too. I'm still considering making a Symbiote Six - kinda like Sinister Six with symbiotic powers. That whole Scorpion/Venom idea just makes me want to see several Spidey foes with the symbiote. Right now the only ones I can think that might look good (and make some sense) are Rhino, Vulture, and Lizard. Sandman wouldn't make sense because it would be redundant for him to have a symbiote suit really. Same for Doc Ock I think. Still debating whether a symbiotic hobgoblin would A) look good and B) make any kind of sense at all. But just the idea of several of his foes getting an organic "upgrade" and coming after him sounds like fun.

Of course, now I want to do a Sandman after seeing how good that one looks. Somehow, I think that Hasbro won't do him as well as DresselRebel did up there. maybe I'm just being a pessimist.

Does anyone have any ideas where to get the goggles for my Spider-Man Noir's a few posts back? I still haven't found some that work yet.

16589710[/url]']

Yes, Bishop does look rather professionally done. Great job. That Sandman is pretty killer too, though. Great job on the paint. Did you sculpt that head/face or is that directly from a figure? If so, which one? It's perfect for Sandman.

Love the Spidey foes shot too. I'm still considering making a Symbiote Six - kinda like Sinister Six with symbiotic powers. That whole Scorpion/Venom idea just makes me want to see several Spidey foes with the symbiote. Right now the only ones I can think that might look good (and make some sense) are Rhino, Vulture, and Lizard. Sandman wouldn't make sense because it would be redundant for him to have a symbiote suit really. Same for Doc Ock I think. Still debating whether a symbiotic hobgoblin would A) look good and B) make any kind of sense at all. But just the idea of several of his foes getting an organic "upgrade" and coming after him sounds like fun.

Of course, now I want to do a Sandman after seeing how good that one looks. Somehow, I think that Hasbro won't do him as well as DresselRebel did up there. maybe I'm just being a pessimist.

Does anyone have any ideas where to get the goggles for my Spider-Man Noir's a few posts back? I still haven't found some that work yet.

The OPP store has ready made noir heads already cast but if that doesn't work for youThe snake eyes goggle headed version from gi joe modded would work well or get some of those Poc ninja or other similar joes goggles could work if you want removable goggles but your probably going to need a dremel and some sculpting material to get the desired look. Good luck and remember to post picks.