MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm almost embarrassed to put these up here, since they're just kit-bashes and nowhere near the quality of painting and sculpting that you guys are doing, but a few of them worked really well, so I wanted to share.

post-25742-1322953216_thumb.jpg

I got tired of not having an Xavier for my X-Men team, so I put together a "field gear" one using the body of the new GI JOe Renegades Duke, the black vest from the Wolverine:XMO 2-pack with him and Sabretooth and the head from the GI Joe 25th Aniversary Serpentor (which, for being such an iconic villain, makes a great Xavier head). Don't have any wheelchairs laying around that are in scale, so we'll just say this is from one of his on-again-off-again walking periods.

post-25742-1322953225_thumb.jpg

The "Good Guy" Magneto without helmet took Starkiller's excellent idea of using the Renegades Duke head (which was why I had bought it in the first place, just ended up working out for the Xavier fig too) and just popped it on the Secret Wars fig, while the hands are from the new "Ultimate" Magneto. Realy should paint the hair white, but I'm not so good with the painting and the blonde is light enough to look almost white anyway.

post-25742-1322953233_thumb.jpg

The Madrox is just a GI Joe 25th single pack Hawk head popped onto a Multiple Man body. Nothing too special, but the face works really well with the standard MM figs. Still need to paint the hair to take out Hawk's grey. Does anybody out there have an extra Commissioner Gordon or Hush trenchcoat from the DC 4 inch line laying around? Also, what have other people used for arms on their madrox-with-a-trench coat recipes?

post-25742-1322953786_thumb.jpg

Finally, got what ended up being a pretty sweet Iceman - Body and ice-ray from the new MU figure, Head and ice slide from the XMO:W figure and 'snowy' ice blast from the Iron Man 2 "Arctic Armor" figure - that was the really topper, that Iron Man ice blast really brings it together and the crappy clear re-do of the standard MU energy blast works really well when it looks like it's making his ice slide. :-)

Anyway, again, just kitbashes, but hopefully y'all will get a kick out of them. Thanks!

Cool, but they do have an xavier coming, at least now ya don't have to buy it if ya dont wanna

I think it's a versatile head and works well for magneto but Id love to see him with sculpted hair a whisker longer.

That head works well, theres a cobra commander you might be able to get cheap (i found em for like $3-4 a piece) that would give you some nice coats for him. Its a cc with a clear mask.

Cool, but they do have an xavier coming, at least now ya don't have to buy it if ya dont wanna

I think it's a versatile head and works well for magneto but Id love to see him with sculpted hair a whisker longer.

That head works well, theres a cobra commander you might be able to get cheap (i found em for like $3-4 a piece) that would give you some nice coats for him. Its a cc with a clear mask.

Thanks Diabolical! I'm definitely still buying that new Profesor X when it comes out - that thing is friggin' perfect! This is just my place holder for the moment.

And that ROC "Rex" . Cobra Commander fig would be great for Madrox, I'm gonnna have to try and snag one on the ebay. THanks!

Corazon, I believe that Diabolical was referring to the official movie version of Cobra Commander (the one post-disfigurement without the Doctor reference). I picked him up last week at Tuesday Morning, but have also seen him at Marshall's within the last month or so. Both stores had him at $4, which should be much cheaper than eBay.

Okay, I've been working on my Symbiotic Six team lately and here's what I've got so far. (not much)

Rhino is pretty much complete - I'm just debating whether to add some of his "armor" pieces back onto him. But he's my favorite spidey villain to add a symbiot to even if it's just a repaint with no other modification.

CAP_0005.jpg

Next is Lizard. I haven't even started painting his head because I was contemplating using a different head. I've pretty much decided that I'd just keep that head and only change the tail (which can more or less be seen here). I should take some shots with the other head to see what everyone thinks. Again, I think Lizard with a symbiot could look pretty cool; I'm just not up to snuff with the customizing yet.

CAP_0006.jpg

CAP_0008.jpg

And here is my "vulture" with the symbiote. They haven't done anything remotely vulturesque but I figured that people who get the symbiote often end up looking bulkier and buffer - so Harrier from Redakai makes a more ferocious looking Venom/Vulture hybrid anyway. Or at least he will once I touch up the paint and get the nerve to try painting some venomesque white eyes on the sucker.

CAP_0010.jpg

So I only have half of a team if they're going to be a "Symbiotic Six". But here's the three semi-converted figures together with the closest thing I could find to Morbius with a symbiote. Problem, as you can tell here, is that it's too dang big for this scale. But attach those wings, paint it b&w and that would definitely be a good manifestation of a "vampire" with the symbiote -imho.

CAP_0003.jpg

Here's a little closer look of what the Morbius/Symbiote hybrid might come out. I think those wings would look good in black, and that face is very vampirish to me.

CAP_0011.jpg

Any ideas or suggestions? I am soooo not good at the painting, so it's taking alot longer than it should.

yeah this is the one I was talking about. They are pretty cheap figures if ya want coats but ya may have to custom the arms of whatever you're putting it on.

Cobra%20Commander%20(Rise%20of%20Cobra%20Movie%20Version).JPG

and shortysben is right, if ya did something ya like show it off, we might wanna rip that idea off.

here's what they look like for starters, I'm not quite sure what Im going to do with em but I might just paint the jacket. I don't think madrox ever went sleeveless but those are some pretty good figures and I dont really wanna mess with their arms. I used a 4th one for that ;p

6450917973_04935ff504.jpg

yeah this is the one I was talking about. They are pretty cheap figures if ya want coats but ya may have to custom the arms of whatever you're putting it on.

and shortysben is right, if ya did something ya like show it off, we might wanna rip that idea off.

here's what they look like for starters, I'm not quite sure what Im going to do with em but I might just paint the jacket. I don't think madrox ever went sleeveless but those are some pretty good figures and I dont really wanna mess with their arms. I used a 4th one for that ;p

yep, that's the jacket I used for my "comic" version of Spider-Man Noir. I never liked the figure (or the character in the movie) but after I took that off to use I've decided that I need to find more just for that jacket.lol

Here's the figure along with the "game" version that'll probably be changed quite a bit if I can just figure out what parts to use.

Bucket_CAP_0001.jpg

Luckily, I didn't have to repaint the entire coat. Just a little smidge of gun-metal-gray dry brushed over the Cobra symbol and I think it looks like it belongs.

^ That Deadpool is amazing work. Send me one immediately.

I realize this isn't MU, but considering my last 15 customs have been, cut me some slack. I recently embarked on a mission to construct a 1:18 stormtrooper helmet for all of my 3 3/4" stormies. I have never liked Hasbro's versions of the helmet, although the bodies have been perfect in their most recent renditions.

Big progress today. I am approaching completion in the next day or so, and then will begin the process of outfitting all of my stormtrooper figures with this new helmet. I am currently at 85% completion roughly.

Here he is from the side angle, side, and front:

384069_2543023987940_1623940435_2395034_1176180110_n.jpg

389538_2543032508153_1623940435_2395035_952387713_n.jpg

384559_2543034628206_1623940435_2395036_1472904427_n.jpg

Here he is next to the Hasbro version. I like to think I have officially produced a better helmet than they have, but I understand I am kind of biased ;)

380545_2543037308273_1623940435_2395037_191231838_n.jpg

And here he is with the best examples Hasbro has produced of the Snowtrooper, and Scout Trooper (Nik Sant version)

385123_2543040388350_1623940435_2395038_61586643_n.jpg

384991_2543042428401_1623940435_2395039_1223750287_n.jpg

Very excited to start fitting these onto my stormtroopers and get them painted!!! This helmet has been my most wanted item since Hasbro started reissuing figures in 1995.

yep, that's the jacket I used for my "comic" version of Spider-Man Noir. I never liked the figure (or the character in the movie) but after I took that off to use I've decided that I need to find more just for that jacket.lol

Here's the figure along with the "game" version that'll probably be changed quite a bit if I can just figure out what parts to use.

Bucket_CAP_0001.jpg

Luckily, I didn't have to repaint the entire coat. Just a little smidge of gun-metal-gray dry brushed over the Cobra symbol and I think it looks like it belongs.

Oh yeah! Those are perfect - even the blue lining matches up really well. I'm totally kicking myself now for not snagging any of those when they were down to clearance price on the shelves - I'm up around Seattle and it's near impossible to find these anywhere anymore at retail.

THanks for the tip guys! I'll try to have a complete Madrox up here one of these days. :-)