DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice work on that Domino!

I've swapped some parts between a Scarlett (don't remember which one) and the new X-23 to make one taller and one shorter female SHIELD agents. I'm hoping to order some female heads from OPP and make one Sharon Carter and the other possibly Maria Hill or just some random agent. I think I'll go take some pics without the heads just to show how they look so far. possibly up in an hour or less.

I've also got a larger custom male agent that I'm trying to figure out which head I want to use. I definitely like the size and I think I got the SHIELD blue pretty darn close now too. I'll post him in a bit too.

I'm digging all the XForce customs I'm seeing here. I'm not even a follower/reader usually, but they just look really good. I might need to add some myself soon. Thanks for all the inspiration guys and gals.

Okay, I had some MAJOR issues (mainly due to Windows 7 which I'm NOT use to using) but files are recovered and here is my little gang of SHIELD agents I've been working on. One is the original (well, a swapped head though) just for comparison. I've now got 4 different heights, 2 male and 2 female. I just need to get some heads from OPP or somehow customize some of my own. The big bruiser is using the Resolute Roadblock which I just picked up today. We're short on $$$, but it was the only one there so I just HAD to get that box set!lol

without further doodoo, er, adieu....

CAP_0034_8x10.jpg

suggestions are never ignored since I'm still really new at this. I think I need some glossy or at least semi-glossy white. The flat just doesn't seem right to me. I might change Scarlett's red patch to something else too. Mostly I switched her legs with X-23's so the shorter legs were with the shorter torso so I'd have a tall and short girl. Otherwise they're pretty close in height. hands on Sharon Carter (bare midriff) are from a Mystique. I think I'm just going to paint Scarlett's gloves white and use them on her. Not sure what else to try.

Wow! That is some nice work, CommanderRogers. The paint especially looks perfect. Incidentally, I've found that Roadblock head works especially well as a non-shades head for Luke Cage, as well.

A gloss could help the white. You can add acrylic matte medium and mix it in to temper the level of gloss in some paints. Not sure how others do it.

Thanks for the paint suggestion. The flat definitely doesn't look right so once I find some gloss I'll try mixing them to see how it looks.

As for DH II, I remember seeing one like it but now the closest they have is either the Shedora 3 I think (maybe it was 2) or "Mask 3" which you can see here(hopefully):

http://onyxphoenixproductions.ecrater.com/p/11284046/mask-3#

Edit: on second look it was Shedora 6 that was one of the closest. still not spot on for any particular version of DH but check it out here:

http://onyxphoenixproductions.ecrater.com/...59252/shedora-6

btw, does anybody know if they ship cheaper when you order lots of stuff or is it really $2.51 per head? I've worked up an order form with almost $90 in heads and I'm hoping the combined shipping won't really be that much since they're just tiny little heads.lol I don't know why I bothered going through all that trouble since the earliest I can place the order would be Friday and that depends upon how much I'm getting in my paycheck.

btw, does anybody know if they ship cheaper when you order lots of stuff or is it really $2.51 per head? I've worked up an order form with almost $90 in heads and I'm hoping the combined shipping won't really be that much since they're just tiny little heads.lol I don't know why I bothered going through all that trouble since the earliest I can place the order would be Friday and that depends upon how much I'm getting in my paycheck.

I have ordered many times and it is $2.51 per order. No matter if you order one head or 20 heads.

Here's the (rather poorly painted) custom Quinjet I made from a generic $3 Walmart jet.

HPIM0362.jpg

HPIM0363.jpg

HPIM0365.jpg

EDIT: I just realized my daughter's rather colorful picture of Dr King is displayed in the background. Now her work is forever immortalized on the internet!lol (hey, she was only 5, so a purple pink and green Dr King made sense)

and the front view:

HPIM0364.jpg

The striping on the front was probably the best I did. The rest had little flubs that I just kept making worse when I tried to fix them.

Oh, I did add some GI Joe missles and bombs because A) I liked them better and B) I have no idea where I put the originals when I took them off to paint the stupid thing.lol

and the front view:

HPIM0364.jpg

The striping on the front was probably the best I did. The rest had little flubs that I just kept making worse when I tried to fix them.

Oh, I did add some GI Joe missles and bombs because A) I liked them better and B) I have no idea where I put the originals when I took them off to paint the stupid thing.lol

Is Cap Drunk? You shouldn't drink and ..fly..

and the front view:

HPIM0364.jpg

Is Cap Drunk? You shouldn't drink and ..fly..

Didn't you watch the movie? He can't get drunk. His body metabolizes the alcohol too quickly. Hehe. He does look kind of scrunched up in there.

Nice detail work there on DP.

lol, nope, Cap won't find any hard liquor around here. My 8 year old was playing with it and had him upside down in the thing for some weird reason, and I just flipped him around real quick without paying much attention to positioning. I figured anything was better than upside down. It's great the kids like having it. I can keep making crappy customs that they'll like and eventually I'll get good at it. By which point maybe they'll be old enough to understand leaving the custom jobs alone!