MU Customs

DarthOnyx

The 90s attack!

Random- the mutant hunting mutant bounty hunter.

Random.jpg

original X-Force Warpath.

Just Thunderbird with sculpted shoulderpads.

WarpathXForce.jpg

and then finally...

Just a non-metallic paint job on Crimson Dynamo

Dynamo.jpg

I'd of switched out the mid section of Random w/ a Juggy mold mid section (like I did w/ my Hulk, and Rulk a couple of moths back), but other than that all 3 of these are great.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 90s attack!

Random- the mutant hunting mutant bounty hunter.

Random.jpg

original X-Force Warpath.

Just Thunderbird with sculpted shoulderpads.

WarpathXForce.jpg

and then finally...

Just a non-metallic paint job on Crimson Dynamo

Dynamo.jpg

I'd of switched out the mid section of Random w/ a Juggy mold mid section (like I did w/ my Hulk, and Rulk a couple of moths back), but other than that all 3 of these are great.

I like the "random" one alot...

Custom Commission Request:

I have a loose MU Archangel that I want to give the X-Force treatment to. If any of you talented fellows is interested, please PM me with a quote for your artwork.

Reasonable quotes will be highly appreciated.

You should just do it yourself. You aren't going to come across many easier customs. I dyed mine with rit dye. whole figure turned black except the painted parts. So not only do you not have to worry about paint rub, but you have a dark magenta guide for your silver areas.

post-29320-1326506136_thumb.jpg

post-29320-1326506142_thumb.jpg

I have a loose MU Archangel that I want to give the X-Force treatment to. If any of you talented fellows is interested, please PM me with a quote for your artwork.

You should just do it yourself. You aren't going to come across many easier customs. I dyed mine with rit dye. whole figure turned black except the painted parts. So not only do you not have to worry about paint rub, but you have a dark magenta guide for your silver areas.

i TOTALLY get it. wow. that's easy. thanks for the tip!!

whats rit dye?

I was wondering that too. Figured I'd google it later, but personal info/experience is always good.

btw, just placed an oder for almost $140 with OPP. Finally getting some heads to do more custom work. Lots will be my female SHIELD agents, but I'm thinking of making some of the oversized figures into some Thundercats compatible stuff - basically some anthropomorphic animals and such.

EDIT: never mind about the Rit dye. I got unlazy long enough to google it.lol

http://www.ritdye.com/

amazing what we can find without even exercising out legs now. looks interesting. which method do you use for action figures? I'd assume the tub/bucket method, but I supposed another one might work too.

Boil water, then use the boiling water to take the figure apart as much as you can.

Put all your figure pieces into cheese cloth or something so you don't lose anything and add the dye to the boiling water.

Put the figure in and let it do it's thing.

After about 30 minutes take it out and check your progress. This is a good opportunity to rotate shoulder joints and such that you didn't take apart so you get 100% coverage.

Put him back in and in another 30 minutes or so, you should be good.

It's pretty much a trial and error deal, some plastics take longer than others and some colors won't work at all. As long as you're going darker though, it shouldn't be a problem.

I know from experience the Archangel works perfectly. The whole figure black except the pink painted parts and the head which I didn't dye. Then, just go in and paint the pink parts, which turn into a dark magenta, and you're tits.

For those of you who don't visit the Mortal Kombat thread.

Custom 3 3/4" MK9 Johnny Cage

403645_2822638538129_1623940435_2517537_433416178_n.jpg

Quite the recipe on this one:

Head: Janek Sumber from Star Wars Amanin comic pack

Base body: MU Namor Wave 15

Sunglasses: Baroness ROC

"CAGE" bling belt: MU Luke Cage necklace

Dental floss wrist wraps.

Sculpted sneakers and shinpads, waistbelt, painted tats.

That'll teach Jazwares to drop Johnny Cage from their Wave 2 assortment.