MU Customs

DarthOnyx

Hey Onyx, have you ever thought about doing some Realm of the Claw heads for some custom Thundercats? Shrink those heads down and they'd make great Tcats. And some Four Horsemen stuff would be really cool on a smaller scale too. I love their anthropomorphic characters. Elephant warriors, rhino and hippo men. That's partly why I got those gorilla looking heads ordered from OPP. I'm gonna use some large base bodies like WW Hulk and Skaar with those gorilla heads to make some of my own animal warriors at MU/Tcats scale.

I bet that it takes some experimentation to get things to shrink down the right amount. Do you have the process down fairly good or do you have to waste a little each time trying to get the right amount of shrinkage?

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alright Onyx, I have 3 questions for you regarding this head shrink magic...

1. How do you do this head shrink voodoo?

2. Will it damage the original head?

3. How much will it cost?

Assuming that the answers to those questions are good I'm in. I do think though, that we should conduct some sort of poll to determine what heads would be most desirable. Of course I want the Forge, but if no one else wants one, it doesn't make sense for you to do it. Economically speaking. However, if everyone can get behind it...

Wow! guess I missed a few things here. You guys do realize that I have my own forum also where you can ask all this to your heart's content. Anyway...

Powerman- Yes I can shrink, no I'm not interested in shrinking everyone's stuff at this time, though feel free to pm me a list.

CommanderRogers - Shhhh! I have one that I plan to do, but I think the head has an odd shape for a tiger...oops!

Olslick- Here is what I use. It is a real painin the ass though as it has the consistency of soft fried egg-white. THe original head does not get ruined because you make a mold of it then pour this stuff into it which sets in like 1 minute. Do onlyone head at a time!

http://www.sculpt.com/catalog_98/CastingMa...HydroShrink.htm

Here's a tutorial:

http://www.sculpt.com/technotes/Tech_Sheet...ydroshrink2.pdf

It is pretty expensive and a pain cause you make two molds of thehead. Original size then the shrunken size.

Any further questions just pm me or visit my forum.

I was working on Domino and Nightcrawler for my X-Force set when I came across the Renegades Scarlett on Tuesday. Right away I thought she was perfect for a Wolfsbane custom.

SDC12212.jpg

Of course you gotta have Wolfsbane transform so.....

SDC12216.jpg

SDC12213.jpg

What are the wolf head, and hands from?

The face is from Timber from the RoC line with some molding added above the eyes. Everything from the ears down is sculpted to fit around the figure's shoulders. The hands have sculpt in them so that they snap on and they are made from sanded down claws that came with RoC Rex "The Doctor."

Growing up I always loved dinosaurs so of course when I was exposed to the Savage Land I loved it. So I present my latest custom...Ka-Zar, lord of the Savage Land. Now just gotta find a perfect Zabu and Moon Boy{working on Devil Dinosaur as we speak}.

100_1088.jpg

100_1090.jpg

100_1091.jpg

100_1092.jpg

100_1093.jpg

awesome Kazaar.

although that last photo has a almost "days of our lives", just plain wrong vibe.