MU Customs

DarthOnyx

Jack Flag. Thunderbolts issues 110-111. Hunted by the Thunderbolts who were tasked with bringing in unregistered superhero combatants during Civil War. Former ally of Captain America. He put up quite the stink when the Thunderbolts came to get him. He KO'd Swordsman and Songbird, contributed to Venom going down, survived two major blasts from Radiation Man and Penance, before finally being crippled by Bullseye.

He was later rehabbed in the Negative Zone and went on to recently voyage with Guardians of the Galaxy.

425063_3144421302497_1623940435_2628727_692266234_n.jpg

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jack Flag. Thunderbolts issues 110-111. Hunted by the Thunderbolts who were tasked with bringing in unregistered superhero combatants during Civil War. Former ally of Captain America. He put up quite the stink when the Thunderbolts came to get him. He KO'd Swordsman and Songbird, contributed to Venom going down, survived two major blasts from Radiation Man and Penance, before finally being crippled by Bullseye.

He was later rehabbed in the Negative Zone and went on to recently voyage with Guardians of the Galaxy.

Oh nice!

@TF Joe—That ankle articulation works/looks great.

I may have to try it today.

What would happen if we bought two extra movie Caps and dremeled the lower torso and then dremeled the upper torso of the second and then used the ball joint from another figure to add chest articulation. Just a thought. It would be a lot of work but worth it in the end.

What would happen if we bought two extra movie Caps and dremeled the lower torso and then dremeled the upper torso of the second and then used the ball joint from another figure to add chest articulation. Just a thought. It would be a lot of work but worth it in the end.

Oh great! Hasbro sees this and says, "hey lets make ALL our figures less articulated so they'll buy double to fix them!" lmao They're evil I tell ya, E-V-I-L, evil!

Masterpiece. Congrats!

Oh great! Hasbro sees this and says, "hey lets make ALL our figures less articulated so they'll buy double to fix them!" lmao They're evil I tell ya, E-V-I-L, evil!

You would also need an MU figure for the actual chest articulation. Of course the ability to mold, and cast so that the parts will actually be one piece would really help too.

It's not impossible to do, but there are certain skills, and supplies that are needed to make it work right.

That A-Force set looks pretty cool though it kind of looks like an old black, and white photo.

Well I picked up the MK VII for my son yesterday, and noticed that they actually got the positioning of the hip ball joints right (FINALLY!), BUT they as we already knew removed half the articulation. So I got to looking at the legs, and realized they were almost the same as the MK IV, and MKVI. So I picked up another MKVII, and a clearance aisle MKIV (still $7.99 @ Target!?!), and swapped the legs, and hands out. Then I got to looking at the tiny head, and decided that the MKIV head would look better on him.

003-105.jpg

004-98.jpg

005-82.jpg

To do the swap on the left leg which has a larger hip pin you'll need to drill the hole in the left leg larger. Then of course cut the MKVII hands off, drill the lower arms. Then for the head swap you'll need to thicken the neck ball.

I've thought about this for the spidey line first venom. I think he is the perfect size(torso and arms) for the 'mini tanks' . ie warpath, hercules, the wrecking crew+

I've been working on making X-Force team members but I came across a bunch of figures on clearance so I decided to make an X-Force style Avengers set. Still need some paint touch ups and I have a black and silver shield for Cap that needs finishing.

SDC12220.jpg

i think thor is perfect i wouldnt change a thing

cap the color scheme seems off, like he should have black boots and gloves and the black and silver pants.

just my criticism.

Well, looking at all the customs inspired me to post one of mine I just did. Got tired of waiting on a good Black Panther so I did this. Really simple. Shadowland Daredevil body with Target 2 pack head and cape.

post-18507-1330902603_thumb.jpg

post-18507-1330902642_thumb.jpg

Not bad, but you didn't need to paint over the DD. You just need to get some nail polish remover, and some Q tips. Simply dip the Q tips in the acetone (nail polish remover), and rub the letters away. It'll also remove the paint you put on.

Well, looking at all the customs inspired me to post one of mine I just did. Got tired of waiting on a good Black Panther so I did this. Really simple. Shadowland Daredevil body with Target 2 pack head and cape.

post-18507-1330902603_thumb.jpg

post-18507-1330902642_thumb.jpg

Not bad, but you didn't need to paint over the DD. You just need to get some nail polish remover, and some Q tips. Simply dip the Q tips in the acetone (nail polish remover), and rub the letters away. It'll also remove the paint you put on.

Yeah. The black on his chest blends in with the blue alot better in person. You see alot under the flash like how SL DD has such a big difference in color on his chest and arms from his mid section. I never really noticed when I first looked at the figure. Gotta try the acetone trick though. Thanks.

Tried the acetone trick and it worked like a charm.

post-18507-1330961259_thumb.jpg

Much better. That black mark on the chest was just throwing off what was otherwise a very beautiful custom figure. Now it's flawless.

Oh and I like the lava. What is that?

Have the figure inside one of those fake fireplace cabinets. LoL. Be amazed what you can make a backdrop out of.