MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't heard about the Bridge Direct or whoever is making these. Have they made anything else?

um, yes. Justin Beiber toys, ZhuZhu pets, Richard Scary's Busytown, the Annoying Orange and all kinds of other stuff that just screams "give us the LOTR license!" lmao

I think I'll wait until I at least see some pics before I get too excited. And if Bilbo is sporting a Beiber cut I'm gonna rolf! lol

It seems like Bridge Direct is more of a marketing firm that licenses toys from other manufacturers rather than making toys themselves. I could be wrong though.

Hasbro still hasn't gotten around to him so I picked up another Moonknight the other day to make him.

010-34.jpg011-37.jpg013-30.jpg

I need to repaint my extra Archangel, and get another Psylocke, and Nightcrawler to paint X-force style.

008-57.jpg

recipe:

Head: 25th Firefly

body: MU Moonknight

coat: custom cast

straps: MU Cyclops

I really want to do a Dum Dum custom fig in the 3.75 scale, but I am stuggling with one part...the hat. Anyone know of a figure in the scale that has a bowler hat? I am not really talented to magically make my own, so if there is a figure I can borrow from, that would work best. Any thoughts?

Onyx used to carry one in his store, but that was one of the ones he took down last week. You could ask him if he might still have one.

Announcing Vortious' custom accessories. http://vortiouscustomaccessories.ecrater.com/

I've been keeping this under my hat for a few weeks, but you guys now have a place to get some trench coats, and chest plates for your customs. Right now I only have a few items in stock, but I have several more coming very soon.

earth-X Cap:

001-140.jpg

Serpent styled chest plates available in black, and white:

003-106.jpg

004-99.jpg

trench coat sets which include not only the coat, but also the sleeved arms:

006-67.jpg

005-83.jpg

Wait- sleeved arms too!? :ohmy:

Yep I figured that if you put a coat on your figure you'd want the full coat look to include the sleeves. The larger coat like I put on my Fantomex will also come in black, and white, but currently I don't have sleeved arms for that size. So it'll be like how Blade's arms are.

The current coat set in the store will fit the Black Spidey buck, and the JL Cyke buck, and any other smaller ones like the Joes. The larger one will fit all of your larger bodied figs from the old DD/ Moonknight mold like I used for my Fantomex, to the old Punisher/ Blade, to the Wrecking crew size bodies.

Give me some khaki or brown sleeves and jackets my man.

This is the closest I could get to khaki, but dry brushing tan over the white coat would look better:

004-93.jpg

yikes Rod, 10 is a bit high but coming with sleeves is really cool.

The coats are a bit harder to cast than most other things, and the mixture for the sleeves uses 2 different resins to simulate the plastic that Hasbro uses for the arms.

Wait- sleeved arms too!? :ohmy:

Yep I figured that if you put a coat on your figure you'd want the full coat look to include the sleeves. The larger coat like I put on my Fantomex will also come in black, and white, but currently I don't have sleeved arms for that size. So it'll be like how Blade's arms are.

The current coat set in the store will fit the Black Spidey buck, and the JL Cyke buck, and any other smaller ones like the Joes. The larger one will fit all of your larger bodied figs from the old DD/ Moonknight mold like I used for my Fantomex, to the old Punisher/ Blade, to the Wrecking crew size bodies.

Give me some khaki or brown sleeves and jackets my man.

This is the closest I could get to khaki, but dry brushing tan over the white coat would look better:

004-93.jpg

The coats are a bit harder to cast than most other things, and the mixture for the sleeves uses 2 different resins to simulate the plastic that Hasbro uses for the arms.

what are the consistency of the coats, Rodimus?

I do understand how the $10 looks on the surface. I just have to give you a little info on this. What you might not realize, when we custom sculpt, mold, and cast these things, we don't have access to a production line like Hasbro that rolls out thousands of them at once and keeps cost rock bottom.

We have to pay for pretty expensive molding and casting materials, not to mention the work and time that goes into this.

When you add up all the time Rodimus spent on these, then subtract what he paid for materials, he's making around minimum wage per hour probably. I know because I've explored this myself and done some custom casting especially of late.

What it all boils down to I guess, custom figures are expensive. And when you've done this process yourself, it really makes you understand just how lucky we are that a huge company like Hasbro is pumping out these figures in the MU for us. And it makes you realize what Rodimus is charging for these parts is actually quite reasonable.

I appreciate what Rodimus has done here and I will be getting around to placing an order by the weekend.