MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It that Age of Thunder Thor hair for Rogue? Cool.

Silver Age Mandarin

MandarinSilverAge.jpg

I don't have a Mandarin for my collection yet, so I wanted to do a custom. I decided the Dr. Strange body would make an excellent base for a Silver age Mandarin. The cape is from DCIH Psycho Pirate the head is Hawkeye with modified nose and mouth (from a POTC Sao Feng block figure). I can't remember where the hands come from. The rings are sculpted.

Silver Age Mandarin

MandarinSilverAge.jpg

I don't have a Mandarin for my collection yet, so I wanted to do a custom. I decided the Dr. Strange body would make an excellent base for a Silver age Mandarin. The cape is from DCIH Psycho Pirate the head is Hawkeye with modified nose and mouth (from a POTC Sao Feng block figure). I can't remember where the hands come from. The rings are sculpted.

It's the hair from Doc Samson.

Just added to my store Vortious' Custom Accessories (link is in my sig) :

black large trench coat:

004-100.jpg

white large trench coat:

002-124.jpg

Coming soon:

A Hulk upgrade kit to make the original MU Hulk even better than the W18 Hulk (I just need to modify the upper calves):

The instructions for this will come w/ it so you can pop the torso, and switch out the abdomen, and the legs to give your W2, Secret Wars, and even your red Hulk all of the articulation of the new Hulk, and then some

005-84.jpg

004-101.jpg

nice. Radioactive Man is one I've wanted to do but it's the dress that stumps me. I'd thought about using some flexible rubbery type plastic, but I think the only way to do it and look decent is with cloth. And I hate "real cloth outfit" on action figures usually so I've just avoided trying this one. Maybe I can use an old inner tube or a really thick balloon. The main problem with real cloth is that threads and texture don't scale down like everything else. Don't get me wrong. This is an awesome job here. I just never think that cloth comes off looking that good. Never liked it on Star Wars or any other line either.

That's a really good job on that star on his chest though. Did you paint the material or use some other technique for getting that on there? It's done really well. You've got a good portion of the Tbolts done now don't you? One of my favorite teams, so it's always nice to see some really well done customs here.

Silver Age Mandarin

MandarinSilverAge.jpg

This is well done- the head, M, and paint apps all are top-notch. The cape and collar work well together also. I am not a particular fan of this look for Mandarin, but you have certainly pulled it off well. Funny thing about the original Mandarin figure is I looked at it with all the gear off and thought, "Hey- this would make a decent Dr. Strange figure!"

@Shayne, that sounds like a good idea. I might try making some "clothing" out of rubber balls.

@ Rodimus, did you just make a ML out of a MU figure?lol

Yeah mt Hulk is going to be legendary compared to any of the official MU Hulks.

I like the version in the first pic better. May I have the formula you used? I think i know but wanna be for certain...

honestly I think the reason he looks weird with the thigh extensions isn't because he's too tall. His chest is huge which looks fine, and the long legs would be fine. But with both going on, his waist is too small I think. That waist will work with either the large chest OR the long legs (as seen in the WW Hulk next to him) but not both combined. just my humble opinion.

I'm almost through with my polar bear warrior I'm making out of a hulk and a Schleich polar bear. I've got to repaint the head and put the parts back together, but it's looking better than I had thought - at least so far. First time I've cut a head off an animal using my new Dremel Stylus so I wasn't sure how well I'd do. I can't wait for the paint to dry!

nice. Radioactive Man is one I've wanted to do but it's the dress that stumps me. I'd thought about using some flexible rubbery type plastic, but I think the only way to do it and look decent is with cloth. And I hate "real cloth outfit" on action figures usually so I've just avoided trying this one. Maybe I can use an old inner tube or a really thick balloon. The main problem with real cloth is that threads and texture don't scale down like everything else. Don't get me wrong. This is an awesome job here. I just never think that cloth comes off looking that good. Never liked it on Star Wars or any other line either.

That's a really good job on that star on his chest though. Did you paint the material or use some other technique for getting that on there? It's done really well. You've got a good portion of the Tbolts done now don't you? One of my favorite teams, so it's always nice to see some really well done customs here.

baloon or 'pilates' stretchy bands could work?

@Shayne, that sounds like a good idea. I might try making some "clothing" out of rubber balls.

@ Rodimus, did you just make a ML out of a MU figure?lol

Yeah mt Hulk is going to be legendary compared to any of the official MU Hulks.

I like the version in the first pic better. May I have the formula you used? I think i know but wanna be for certain...

Wave 2 Hulk chest, and arms

Avengers 3 pack Hulk neck, lower torso, thighs, knees

Thanos upper calves

modified Wave 2 Hulk lower calves, and feet w/ a custom cast set of ankle rocker joints I made using bits from the shoulders of an old Thanos custom I made from Rulk, and the nib from an elbow, or something. Then cast as one piece.

& CR I think you're right about what makes the extenders look off on my modified Hulk

I'm going to mold all of the lower half parts in about a week or so. I just need to finish sculpting the calve halves to match up, and get some more rubber. I keep running out of that stuff. Once I mold the parts I'll be putting it in my store in a new category I'll be calling custom kits. The ones I'm working on right now are Hulk, and Dooms Day. I have one for Kilowog from Juggy too, but that one's done, and all ready for molding. There are some parts that I'm going to have to get permission to cast, and sell as part of the kits. If my friend doesn't give permission then I'll be sending the buyers his way for the other parts since I got them from him.

Dooms Day (I've sent Brian a pm about the thigh extenders, and head. I WILL NOT copy them unless he gives me the go ahead, and IF he does I'll only sell them as part of the kit), Hulk (You'll need to either modify the original head, or get the head from Brian), and Kilowog (I sculpted the head, and hands, though I've considered adding to the gauntlets to look more like he had in the new GL animated movies):

001-143.jpg

DANG! Doomsday and Kilowog rock so hard. If Doomy looks that good unfinished I can just imagine how he'll look when he's completely painted. Now I'm wishing I'd gotten even more heads from Brian.lol Honestly I don't even remember what all I ordered, but I'm fairly certain I passed on Kilowog and Doomsday - if they were even up when I ordered.

I'm really wishing I'd orderd some of those thigh extenders too. The polar bear warrior I'm working on right now would look better just a little taller and so would most of the warriors I'm trying to make.

DANG! Doomsday and Kilowog rock so hard. If Doomy looks that good unfinished I can just imagine how he'll look when he's completely painted. Now I'm wishing I'd gotten even more heads from Brian.lol Honestly I don't even remember what all I ordered, but I'm fairly certain I passed on Kilowog and Doomsday - if they were even up when I ordered.

I'm really wishing I'd orderd some of those thigh extenders too. The polar bear warrior I'm working on right now would look better just a little taller and so would most of the warriors I'm trying to make.

He never listed Kilowog though I did send it, and the Hands to him. So I'll be listing them. I have a Minotaur head that needs a few minor touch ups I'll be working on perfecting, and then casting:

019-11.jpg

I was sooooo just 5 minutes from buying a Schleich cow from Ebay so I could cut the head off to put on a Skaar body for a minotaur!!! I've been sitting here debating it for a while. I think I might just hold off a little longer now.

EDIT: and I think it looks better on the WW Hulk body instead. great choice.