MU Customs

DarthOnyx

Here's my latest SHIELD agent. It's Spider-Woman. Just need to touch up her paint job and add her web-wings back to her arms.

And apparently I need to drill the neck hole a little deeper in my polar warrior so it won't sag down like it is here. I'm going to give him back a loin cloth, some hands, a weapon, and shield too.

Planning on adding to Xforce with AA and Nightcrawler in the background.

HPIM0490.jpg

Been spending way too much of our spring break playing with plastic.lol

oh yes, and I want to make a Bloodstorm out of that Storm figure too. Haven't figured out what all I need to do for that yet. She's too small for me to add some fangs sticking over her lips.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After wrecking a 12.99 Dark Hawkeye (Didnt know the shoulder joints were circular [as opposed to arrow tip])...

Really pissed off as I was trying to make a Hawkeye and show people it could be done with a little touch of Dark Bullseye and some Hindsight...here is what I threw together!

I give you Clinty-boy!

wtf004.jpg

wtf003.jpg

I know the colors are a bit off but with some touch ups and some filler, he should be gold!

After wrecking a 12.99 Dark Hawkeye (Didnt know the shoulder joints were circular [as opposed to arrow tip])...

Really pissed off as I was trying to make a Hawkeye and show people it could be done with a little touch of Dark Bullseye and some Hindsight...here is what I threw together!

I give you Clinty-boy!

wtf004.jpg

wtf003.jpg

I know the colors are a bit off but with some touch ups and some filler, he should be gold!

Looks good.

As for the shoulders you've really got to study your figures before trying to pop them apart. Usually movie figs are solid rubbery chested (the new Avengers ones being an exception), but almost all MU figs have the hard hollow plastic 2 half chests that have to be split VERY carefully. Just look for a seam, and if you find one soak the figure in hot water, and start scoring the seam w/ either an exacto knife, or a heavy utility knife (believe me these things are great for this job, just don't cut yourself). Once you get all the way in where your knife blade can go keep doing that all the way around soaking the chest in hot water occasionally to keep it more pliable. Once you've split the seam take a pocket knife blade, or butter knife, put it in the seam, and give it a good twist. The chest should crack wide open.

I like that unmasked Hawkeye. Sure it needs some touch up, but it's still really good already. Which head is that?

And does anyone have any suggestions for adding the appearance of fur to my Hulk body? The only problem I'm having with my polar bear is that only the head has sculpted fur. I'm a little scared to try scoring the body with something, but painging on fur doesn't seem like such a great idea either. Has anyone else kind of added fur to a hairless body, or portion thereof? I know I could paint "clothes" on him, but I think it would look better with just a loin cloth if I can do a fur somehow.

Oh, and I'll need this technique with future animal warriors too. The minotaur I can get away with a hairless chest, but most ot the other animals will need some covering.

I give you Clinty-boy!

wtf004.jpg

wtf003.jpg

what's going on with the parts there? I see the Dark Hawkeye's lower legs and hands.. but what are the torso, thighs, and upper arms? (I also see Wolverine's lower arms).

what did you do to RUIN the figure? I would think it could still be fixed unless you cracked the torso.. and I mean BROKE.. because you can always crack the torso at the seams

CR, for fur sculpting tips ask Brymstone his Techno Minotaur was awesome.

cretet10.jpg

Clam, I think he broke the shoulder plate off. From what he said about a round head instead of the arrow head pin he thought was in there. My guess is that he soaked it hot water, and tried to pop the arm out of the chest, but being the wrong kind of shoulder joint for that it broke off.

I tried to pull the arms out of the dark helawkeye and namor...ripped the shoulders off...

As for the recipe

Head: commander Rodgers

Body and thighs: madripoor patch

Calves, hands, tunic: dark bullseye

Forearms: wolverine

It look better in person, but whatever...I think it looks okay

it doesn't look bad. even though the colors don't match yet... (also, isn't it really short because of how tiny that Patch figure is?.. )

I was just trying to say that you could still use the Dark Hawkeye body if you wanted to. All you have to do is open up the torso and insert some new shoulders in there.. it's really not that hard to do. you could save yourself the trouble of trying to match paint and also get the MU bicep joint back by using MU arms instead of Patch's movie style arms.. which is probably important for Hawkey's bow shooting skills :)

Clam, I think he broke the shoulder plate off. From what he said about a round head instead of the arrow head pin he thought was in there. My guess is that he soaked it hot water, and tried to pop the arm out of the chest, but being the wrong kind of shoulder joint for that it broke off.

hmm.. well Like I was trying to tell him.. if that's all it is, his original Dark Hawkeye figure is still salvageable. he just has to find some new arms he wants to use

I tried to pull the arms out of the dark helawkeye and namor...ripped the shoulders off...

As for the recipe

It does look good! The only issue is I would find another head that looks like Clint Barton and pop that on instead of Steve Rogers.

Did you repaint the CR face as well as the hair? I can see the blonde is lighter, but the flesh tone is alot lighter than mine too.

but like I said before, it looks good already; so I can imagine how nice it will be once it's finished all over.

@Rodimus, I remember seeing that on OPP a little while ago. That is a great job on the organic portions of that minotaur. I was hoping to not have to add sculpt for the fur, so hopefully that's something I can do to the existing body, arms, and legs.

Here it is so far. I definitely have to redo some painting and fix some scratches. The eyes and nose are noticeably in need of redoing. But I think it goes well with my rhino warrior, to whom I've added a shield and skirt since last post.

DSCF1200.jpg

another question: would a flat white dry brush on the sword, shield, and clothing make it look frosty? Or would it just mess it up?lol I was thinking about a light blue wash with some flat white dry brush to give his accessories a frozen quality. But I've never attempted that look either.

Did you repaint the CR face as well as the hair? I can see the blonde is lighter, but the flesh tone is alot lighter than mine too.

but like I said before, it looks good already; so I can imagine how nice it will be once it's finished all over.

@Rodimus, I remember seeing that on OPP a little while ago. That is a great job on the organic portions of that minotaur. I was hoping to not have to add sculpt for the fur, so hopefully that's something I can do to the existing body, arms, and legs.

Here it is so far. I definitely have to redo some painting and fix some scratches. The eyes and nose are noticeably in need of redoing. But I think it goes well with my rhino warrior, to whom I've added a shield and skirt since last post.

DSCF1200.jpg

another question: would a flat white dry brush on the sword, shield, and clothing make it look frosty? Or would it just mess it up?lol I was thinking about a light blue wash with some flat white dry brush to give his accessories a frozen quality. But I've never attempted that look either.

If I was you, and really wanted the fur look, I'd go to thewarstore.com, and order the Green Stuff for $13+sh. If I remember right it was around $19 total. I got mine over a year ago, and still have about half of it. You just need to mix some up, and roll it out really thin, and then press it on, and texture it like I did while working on my DC new 52 Aquaman (still need to finish him) grated Arthur is scaled not furred, but it's the same process.

006.jpg

007.jpg

This is how much green stuff you get for that price:

005-61.jpg

As for the recipe

it doesn't look bad. even though the colors don't match yet... (also, isn't it really short because of how tiny that Patch figure is?.. )

I was just trying to say that you could still use the Dark Hawkeye body if you wanted to. All you have to do is open up the torso and insert some new shoulders in there.. it's really not that hard to do. you could save yourself the trouble of trying to match paint and also get the MU bicep joint back by using MU arms instead of Patch's movie style arms.. which is probably important for Hawkey's bow shooting skills :)

Actually he is not that small I might post comparisons later...but since I added the calves of DB, he got a little taller...

Anyone got a better idea for a unmasked hawkeye head?

how can i swap legs lower legs on figures? i need to putr extremies lower legs on a roc scarlet in reactiv e armor,and also change out the arms

the latest customes ive done are a x-force psyloke,and 90,s archangel with hair,a redone in correct colors sabertooth,and a ghost rider.about to start work on a x-force nightcrawler

how can i swap legs lower legs on figures? i need to putr extremies lower legs on a roc scarlet in reactiv e armor,and also change out the arms

the latest customes ive done are a x-force psyloke,and 90,s archangel with hair,a redone in correct colors sabertooth,and a ghost rider.about to start work on a x-force nightcrawler

Ok this trick is SOOOOO much easier than you might think. Fill a small mug w/ straight hot, and I mean STRAIGHT HOT water, and soak the figure you're removing parts from in the water for a minute or two. Then put a small flat tip screw driver tip into the joint, and spread it until the peg comes out being VERY careful not to lose it. you can replace it w/ styrene rod from a model train shop if it does get lost, but the real pegs are nice to have.

Once you have the pegs out, and contained. Just put the parts on the body you want them on, and put the pegs back in, and press them in w/ a pair of pliers. The same kind of thing applies to the RoC Scarlet arms, but there is no peg. So you just need to use an exacto knife to cut the molded peg in the elbow, and then just slide the Extremis arms onto the ball joint, and put the pin from Extremis through.

Is someone working on a Rescue figure? That's the first thing that came to mind when you talked about Extremis armor swaps with the Reactive Armor Scarlett. Genius! Now, I'm wishing I had one of those Scarletts, but I don't remember getting one.

I think I might have one for you, post a pic of it commander rodgers...I might be able to get you one!