MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is someone working on a Rescue figure? That's the first thing that came to mind when you talked about Extremis armor swaps with the Reactive Armor Scarlett. Genius! Now, I'm wishing I had one of those Scarletts, but I don't remember getting one.

I think I might have one for you, post a pic of it commander rodgers...I might be able to get you one!

My wife and my oldest son seem to think that we have one here somewhere. Problem is that it would be mixed in the kids stuff. After they said that I did kind of remember getting one just to have another female figure since my 6yo girl really likes having some girls to play with too.

I might just have to take you up on that though. I don't know if I'll ever find ours, although I'm fairly certain she'll never notice she's missing if I took it.lol She'd love a MU style Rescue anyway. She begged for the Superhero Squad version for months until we finally got it.

Kavbal I really enjoyed viewing your new customs.

That blue guy looks amazing.. what kinda paints are those that give that

translucent shiny liquidy metallic look ie the paint on the blue guy

Thanks man. I started out with a base coat of silver. Then I splattered him with black and white paints. Then I finished him with several coats of tamiya clear blue. I used way more coats of the clear blue than normal to get the deep blue color.

I loved Wolverine vol 2 #89 when I was younger partly due to the crossover w/ Ghost Rider, and had to make Ogun. So I ordered one of the masked heads Brian had in his store I think it was Mask 3 (but I'm not sure, and it's gone now). The chest plate is the white one from my store.

015-18.jpg

006-69.jpg

Then when digging for the Cobra black suited ninja I found a spare training Snake Eyes, some ninja claws, and a Wolvie head I got from him too. So I put it all together to make Wolvie in his training garb.

009-46.jpg

008-58.jpg

Master Ogun training Logan San

004-104.jpg

I think it looks fine to me.. I can't visualize how another coat would help it. The only thing i noticed is the color isn't quite as bright as it is in the comics. Still it looks fine to me, and imperfections always show up more in close pictures than they do in person.

** i did go back and look again and he could clean up quite a bit of his lines on those guys but I'm sure we all know how tough that is without surgeons hands.

Having O.P.P. links doesn't mean #$@#! It doesn't make anyone better than anyone else! I know even my work sucks at times, Rod's paints could be sharper, hell I even see spots on Legend's. It's not a competition! It's supposed to be for fun and to possibly show the clueless people at Harsbro what COULD be done. Rod, if people didn't want critiques or can't handle it, they wouldn't be posting their work for everyone to see. No one is perfect! We're not Hasbro!

Having O.P.P. links doesn't mean #$@#! It doesn't make anyone better than anyone else! I know even my work sucks at times, Rod's paints could be sharper, hell I even see spots on Legend's. It's not a competition! It's supposed to be for fun and to possibly show the clueless people at Harbor what COULD be done. Rod, if people didn't want critiques or can't handle it, they wouldn't be posting their work for everyone to see. No one is perfect! We're not Hasbro!

Judging by some of the paint aps on a number of MU figures that I've bought I would rate most customizers here well above Hasbro. My Mystique looked like a 4 year old painted it.

Having O.P.P. links doesn't mean #$@#! It doesn't make anyone better than anyone else! I know even my work sucks at times, Rod's paints could be sharper, hell I even see spots on Legend's. It's not a competition! It's supposed to be for fun and to possibly show the clueless people at Harbor what COULD be done. Rod, if people didn't want critiques or can't handle it, they wouldn't be posting their work for everyone to see. No one is perfect! We're not Hasbro!

Judging by some of the paint aps on a number of MU figures that I've bought I would rate most customizers here well above Hasbro. My Mystique looked like a 4 year old painted it.

Precisely! What I meant was that we don't have hundreds of people and machines doing the work. I can't help what people put in their signatures. Just because Rod has it in his signature does not make him the primary representation of O.P.P. That representation lies with ME! Rod has his site and O.P.P. is mine! I told Rod from the beginning that he needs to stand or fall on his own. I'll help him with advice, but it is best for both of us that people do not misinterpret one from the other. If I fail, Rod should not be held responsible as I won't be responsible for any of his failings, short-comings, or possible erroneous transactions. Any more than I would expect any of you to be accountable for mine. It does seem that my name and company are being thrown around to benefit others and it is something I am aware of and am monitoring closely.