MU Customs

DarthOnyx

Thanks guys! He's not quite finished yet. Still need to paint up the skull and crossbones and find a belt for him..... cant find a damn belt lol

OMG!

Better than Vonner...

Thanks JD, this is probably the highest compliment I have heard since I consider Vonner to be one of the best! I still have a long way to go before I get to his level.

Shortysben - Check your PM buddy

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys, enough! Please! I come to sites like this one to get news, share ideas, and show off stuff. This kind of negativity really kills the experience for me, and I am sure others as well. It sounds like you all have strong feelings in regards to this topic, and that's okay, but we should get back to the main focus of this thread... CUSTOMS! This issue has overshadowed great customs submitted today, such as DK's Flaming Skull, and Legend's Ares. Welcome back by the way Legend. We usually aren't like this, at least not on the customs thread. I know some bitter things have been said, but Clam is right, everytime you respond to a negative post, the other party responds back, and it is an ongoing cycle. Come on guys, lets keep it positive. Thank you.

I wouldnt mind filling in for Hasbro lol

Seriously though I am confident we will see an Ares release by the end of the year. It's probably going to be on the new Hercules buck. It seems to be a trend, or coincidence, that once a custom figure is put out the official figure follows closely behind. Just like She-Hulk :wink:

Btw thanks Shayne, whats new bud?

I wouldnt mind filling in for Hasbro lol

Seriously though I am confident we will see an Ares release by the end of the year. It's probably going to be on the new Hercules buck. It seems to be a trend, or coincidence, that once a custom figure is put out the official figure follows closely behind. Just like She-Hulk :wink:

Btw thanks Shayne, whats new bud?

You noticed the She-Hulk coming out so close behind our She-Hulks too huh? Guess we just had to show Hasbro how it's done. hehehe

Dude like I said before your Ares is really looking great, and I can't wait to see him finished.

I used to be an English teacher, in fact. But I've been collecting this line of figures since the very first wave. It was just a joke, not intended as criticism, but in all honesty I have a hard time going through your posts and trying to figure out what group of words is a phrase or a sentence. If you don't care, please disregard the comment, but if communication is your goal, then following a few of the rules of punctuation will help some of us read and understand your posts.

Thanks JD, this is probably the highest compliment I have heard since I consider Vonner to be one of the best! I still have a long way to go before I get to his level. (Legend)

You're welcome.

Seriously, I think Hasbro looks to the forum not only for the posts, but also for what you, Onyx and other do as customizers.

Ok folks I need some help. I'm in the early stages of a custom Stryfe figure and I am trying to figure out what the best way to make spikes that are identical. His armor has lots of spikes that protrude outward and I can't think of a way to make mass quantities of spikes that are all the same. Any advice?

Here's what he looks like so far.

SDC12252.jpg

My fellow customizers, I'm looking for a little inspiration and you guys I'm sure will come thru. In the interim of waiting for wave 18 I'm trying to fill the void with customs and since I'm currently into Heroes for Hire big time, does anyone have any ideas for a Paladin custom? I was looking into a GI Joe Tripwire but not sold on it yet. Any help would be appreciated.

My fellow customizers, I'm looking for a little inspiration and you guys I'm sure will come thru. In the interim of waiting for wave 18 I'm trying to fill the void with customs and since I'm currently into Heroes for Hire big time, does anyone have any ideas for a Paladin custom? I was looking into a GI Joe Tripwire but not sold on it yet. Any help would be appreciated.

How about a Gi Joe POC Low Light body and goggles on a Constrictor head?

Ok folks I need some help. I'm in the early stages of a custom Stryfe figure and I am trying to figure out what the best way to make spikes that are identical. His armor has lots of spikes that protrude outward and I can't think of a way to make mass quantities of spikes that are all the same. Any advice?

SDC12252.jpg

toothpicks. Seriously just cut them all the same length for each area, and you're golden.

Sersi.jpg

Sersi- circa Operation Galactic Storm

comic pack Baroness head- Echantress body

Joseph.jpg

Joseph

Age of Thunder Thor head- Wolverine x-men uniform body

lol @ how easy of a Joseph custom that is. I've been looking for something to do with this doc samson head too.. I was going to use it as a replacement head for Sentry until i saw it was reused for thor, regardless it makes a great Joseph!!

where'd that ceri head come from?

SDC12252.jpg

toothpicks. Seriously just cut them all the same length for each area, and you're golden.

Toothpicks, huh. I never thought of that. Thanks!

As many of you know, Iam running my 2nd annual custom challenge. I hope to have prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place as well as a new prize called Onyx Choice. Here is the prize for that particular category. An original custom by me. I have had offers of $100.00 to $200.00 for this; however, I have chosen to use it to help motivate you guys to perfect your skills in this hobby. For more info on this contest follow the link below. I hope those entering , really "bring it"!!!

http://onyxphoenix.forumotion.com/t1855-2012-challenge#17468

24133-1-1.jpg

24133-2-1.jpg

24133-3-1.jpg

Freak! That is awesome looking Onyx. I seriously wish I already had the talent to sculpt like that, especially fur and animal features. I know, you gotta put in the hours before you can be called a master. I can hardly wait to look back on my stuff ten years from now and say I'm finally doing some decent stuff.

slapped this head on green jean for comparison, might use it for hope or someone else.

but basically we have

2002 padme wearing dark phoenix hair.. on the right vs 2010 joan rivers.. on the left.... come on hasbro!!!!!!!!

(We can't blame hasbro on the poor paint job I gave to dark phoenix's hair, that's all me)

7003892301_13e5f2aeb9.jpg