MU Customs

DarthOnyx

I'm a customizing newbie, but have you guys seen these before? If I didn't just ship my BBTS order, I would have grabbed a couple to play with:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

That would be fun to customize someone on a blank slate...

The proportions are so weird on those. They remind me of the "new sculpt" GI JOES from the mid 2000s.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just can't see paying $9 plus shipping for a starter body when you can pick up several different body types for about that price or cheaper locally. If they were like $3 then they'd be tempting to start experimenting on. At that price though, I'll just keep picking up some clearance crap to play around with.

um, I get paying what we do for customs and custom parts but this is just a blank buck for the price of a regular figure ...

maybe if they just had groups of unassembled parts that make a couple blanks it could be worth it. But this isn't that appealing when I can just fish around for the right buck I think fits the custom I'm looking for and just kit bash from there.

Interesting concept though....just not sold on it's execution.

I'm a customizing newbie, but have you guys seen these before? If I didn't just ship my BBTS order, I would have grabbed a couple to play with:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

That would be fun to customize someone on a blank slate...

I would pick one up but the figure isn't that good. The concept is great... but his anatomy is way off. He has monkey arms and a waist that is about as wide as his head!

Now if it was an MU Cyke style body then yeah since Rogers, Namor, and Cyke are getting harder to find w/ the newer wave males are just repaints of older molds instead of the JL Cyke body. Also the body they have is really odd looking, and the articulation while not too far behind the MU line is lacking minor movements that really need to be there. Also it's only 3.75" tall so it is not 1:18 scale more like 1:20.

What do you guys recommend for sculpting material. I've been using milliput and find it a pain to deal with at times. I'm interested in what you guys prefer to use when you sculpt.

I've used milliput, and yes it is a bit of a pain. I recommend you go to thewarstore.com, and order some green stuff.

*EDIT* Brian you beat me to it :laugh:

uh, is it safe to post customs again?

Here is my Take on Blazing Skull. While not 100% comic Accurate, I just ran with it.

Was a relative quick custom I made out of a Destro I hated and some slight modding,

Note:

I'm going to rework the neck thing so the skull rest lower but just waiting for the right neck part to jump out at me.

DSC02141.jpg

DSC02143.jpg

DSC02140.jpg

I like it. I think it's great to do comic accurate, but sometimes we need to diverge.

i made a cyberman recently, the one I made up got better reactions than the one I made that looked perfect.

That Destro has a freakishly long neck, you may want to try different screws (standard metal screws) and cut it off and drill a hole and put the screw in. Use that to attach the head to.

Rusty Collins AKA Firefist, I only used Havok.

Looks fantastic! I remember having an issue where Rusty battles Pyro, I think it was from the original X-Factor series.

Thank you. Yeah, his last appearance was in Necrosha, great character, and for me to do him was really easy, just Havok repainted. I just wish he did come out better. I might have to do some repair in the paint later. I've been doing it all day. Basically is a fresh custom. Coz soon I was finished I took the pics, so the paint still fresh lol.

uh, is it safe to post customs again?

Here is my Take on Blazing Skull. While not 100% comic Accurate, I just ran with it.

Was a relative quick custom I made out of a Destro I hated and some slight modding,

Note:

I'm going to rework the neck thing so the skull rest lower but just waiting for the right neck part to jump out at me.

DSC02141.jpg

DSC02143.jpg

DSC02140.jpg

I like it. I think it's great to do comic accurate, but sometimes we need to diverge.

i made a cyberman recently, the one I made up got better reactions than the one I made that looked perfect.

That Destro has a freakishly long neck, you may want to try different screws (standard metal screws) and cut it off and drill a hole and put the screw in. Use that to attach the head to.

thank you, it's more the place holder neck device adding to long neck thing, once I get a new dremel or a better neck piece I promise the neck wont look so off.

Thank you for the feedback,

I was in the process of actually making it more comic accurate but just liked the way it looked as is and realized all I would of been doing is removing detail and character to make it more comic accurate.

I agree, sometimes comic accurate isn't always the best thing on a kitbash.

Great jobs Dinamite, and Decepticonmark! Both of you just keep getting better, and better.

Hey mark what head is that on Tombstone. It kind of looks like a Namor head, but he doesn't have the goatee.

It is the Namor head from the recent release with the ears filled down to a "normal" roundness.

Thank you boys :). Great job decepticonmark!!!