MU Customs

DarthOnyx

Super impressed with the customs being posted around here lately!

So, I took matters into my own hands here and made an Invisible Woman phasing into invisibility. It's the same legs as the regular Sue Storm, molded and casted with clear acrylic resin:

And here she is with the rest of the Fantastic Four!

real nice job!

Unrelated but I've been thinking bout getting a few sue storms and making the stepford cuckoos. Just really like them gurls.

That head really does work good for them doesn't it? Hmm...

I think it's probably the best head available for them as far as i know. I don't think I'll do it tho, not at current prices for the ff set. I'm not familiar with the different reeds but my shelf space is at a premium (but id still love to add the cuckoos!) so I'd probably just use the reeds as non-reed customs

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, I took matters into my own hands here and made an Invisible Woman phasing into invisibility. It's the same legs as the regular Sue Storm, molded and casted with clear acrylic resin:

real nice job!

Unrelated but I've been thinking bout getting a few sue storms and making the stepford cuckoos. Just really like them gurls.

I think it's probably the best head available for them as far as i know. I don't think I'll do it tho, not at current prices for the ff set. I'm not familiar with the different reeds but my shelf space is at a premium (but id still love to add the cuckoos!) so I'd probably just use the reeds as non-reed customs

I could probably send you a sue storm head? I bought one off of ebay then found the 3 pack in wallmart. i'm using the body to make sue more poseable.

real nice job!

I could probably send you a sue storm head? I bought one off of ebay then found the 3 pack in wallmart. i'm using the body to make sue more poseable.

I'm actually setting her head in the mold form right now.

001-144.jpg

Anybody got any other suggestions?

In general, I don't think a Marvel Universe head looks good as another character once it has been identified as a Marvel Universe head of another character. Unless it's modified in some moderate to major way to create a new likeness.

For example that stunt Hasbro pulled with putting Steve Rogers head on Dr. Doom was bad. I personally don't think a head that has previously been identified as Sue Storm should be used as a Stepford Cuckoo. But maybe with glowing eyes or something it can be pulled off.

DSCN2182.jpgDSCN2179.jpg

Nice work, Kavball! I have the Captain America mech armor and I love it. Hasbro loves repaints/re-uses so they could follow your lead with these. I would like a purple and blue Hawkeye mech suit with a big ol' mecha crossbow attachment! A gold SHIELD Mandroid version and of course War-Machine (like the original plan).

In general, I don't think a Marvel Universe head looks good as another character once it has been identified as a Marvel Universe head of another character. Unless it's modified in some moderate to major way to create a new likeness.

For example that stunt Hasbro pulled with putting Steve Rogers head on Dr. Doom was bad. I personally don't think a head that has previously been identified as Sue Storm should be used as a Stepford Cuckoo. But maybe with glowing eyes or something it can be pulled off.

Well i do agree with that! psylocke drive me nuts looking like dark phoenix. I've given new hair to every female head i've reused.. but i'd rather rebrand sue since she'd be the odd girl out.