MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

here's a real lazy custom Hope. I say lazy because i slapped together the wrists and boots quickly with what I had laying around, and the yellow v's though a little sloppy do look much better in person.

The head and cape is pretty awesome tho. I'm pretty sure Hasbro will make a Hope so depending on how they do. I might Frankenstein the two but until that happens, she's going to the shelf.

edit - think imma get rid of those monkey hands

7066922039_1268bcb7ea.jpg

here's a real lazy custom Hope. I say lazy because i slapped together the wrists and boots quickly with what I had laying around, and the yellow v's though a little sloppy do look much better in person.

The head and cape is pretty awesome tho. I'm pretty sure Hasbro will make a Hope so depending on how they do. I might Frankenstein the two but until that happens, she's going to the shelf.

Yeah put some feminine hands on her, and call her done.

Awesome job there! Yes especially the head & cape...

Care to share the recipie bro?

gave her girl hands and painted em green and she no longer looks like a monkey freak.

well the recipe is a bit tricky.

The head is an old padme head dremeled out with jean grey's hair glued on.

2002 attack of the clones coruscant attack padme

you can use any cape you feel like sacrificing, just cut it up with scissors and use sculpty for the front part.

the boot and wrist pieces were just random accessories and aren't comic accurate

but the boots were from steve rogers and the wrists are a black widow /gi joe combo.

I like the Hulk figure from the Avengers line just cause it's movie-verse Hulk. However, of the big four, I think he really got the raw deal in overall quality. I mean, at least Iron Man/Cap/Thor had some articulation that could make them somewhat bearable. Hulk just really crapped out.

So I was at Target today (and they have redone their toy area for The Avengers), and I saw an MU Apocalypse.

I picked him up, and using the wrist articulation trick, I added that to Hulk, and using Apoc's ankles, I gave Hulk some foot articulation. It worked out rather well I think. I slimmed down the ankles to try and get it a little more in line with the figure so it wasn't just like this huge ball between his foot and leg.

IMG_0682.jpg

I just wish the head was a little different.

Definitely need a Grim Reaper. Especially since the Avengers toon is so well done. I wish they'd do everyone in that show. So is that a custom head or a repaint that I'm too lazy to look up? Either way it works really well. I don't think I could do the paint job on the chest nearly that well either; otherwise I'd be trying to make him myself. It's those details that make so many customs on here awesome and that make me wish I'd tried my hand at art a little more as a kid.

I like that mold a lot and glad they are still making figures on it.

I agree, it's probably my favorite even over the Cyclops{listens for the boos and trolls} which I seem to have issues with on every figure because of the massive articulation points.

yeah I agree. I love the cyclops mold from the waist up but those legs are annoying. Same goes with the x-23 leg mold.

I like that mold a lot and glad they are still making figures on it.

I agree, it's probably my favorite even over the Cyclops{listens for the boos and trolls} which I seem to have issues with on every figure because of the massive articulation points.

from the waist up, it's a great figure. But the legs are terrible. The thighs are way too long and the shins are too short. I can't stand it.