MU Customs

DarthOnyx

No a good picture, but I couldn't wait to show my New Mutants Together. lol

005.jpg

cool cool cool! I think unless you have the right setup the flash is not a good idea. If you have enough light in the room ya should try turning it off. I like your sunspot. I was debating which outfit to go with for mine.. and it came down to the mold i was using just looked most like the more modern version but classic outfits are fantastic too!

I like the modern uniform better, I might change it later. I was looking for a easy way to do it.lol. Thanks for the tips. i will try again later. :)

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hell of a nice job on the New Mutants Dinamite.

With the hiatus in new MU figures, I've gone back and started buying up and reading some of the Silver Age issues below #20 from the 1960s, and the X-Factor stuff from the 80's where Apocalypse first showed up, and then issues post #94 with the new team after they debuted in Giant-Size to the Dark Phoenix Saga when Hellfire first showed up. What I realized is we have gotten numerous incarnations of all of the original 10-12 mutants from the first couple teams, but how impossible it is going to be to get even a majority of the lesser known mutants. Even if you look at the modern mutant situation, there's 200-someodd left to do, there's no way we are even getting a quarter of what's in your signature. Anyhow, long story short, keep it up! This is all Hasbro would do anyway. Re-use 90% of an old figure and either sculpt a new head or modify an existing head and paint the figure to make something new. And you did a really nice job on this latest batch.

PS you need AoA Iceman, Azazel and AoA Sabretooth on your list!

With the hiatus in new MU figures, I've gone back and started buying up and reading some of the Silver Age issues below #20 from the 1960s, and the X-Factor stuff from the 80's where Apocalypse first showed up, and then issues post #94 with the new team after they debuted in Giant-Size to the Dark Phoenix Saga when Hellfire first showed up. What I realized is we have gotten numerous incarnations of all of the original 10-12 mutants from the first couple teams, but how impossible it is going to be to get even a majority of the lesser known mutants. Even if you look at the modern mutant situation, there's 200-someodd left to do, there's no way we are even getting a quarter of what's in your signature. Anyhow, long story short, keep it up! This is all Hasbro would do anyway. Re-use 90% of an old figure and either sculpt a new head or modify an existing head and paint the figure to make something new. And you did a really nice job on this latest batch.

OH YEah I agree with everything u said :). When I do a character myself (Because i can't wait for Hasblow my whole life) I also delete the character from my whishlist, My ambition is to have all the characters from my Whishlist. Thank you so much for the compliments :) And I will add those guys to my whishlist. :)

No a good picture, but I couldn't wait to show my New Mutants Together. lol

cool cool cool! I think unless you have the right setup the flash is not a good idea. If you have enough light in the room ya should try turning it off. I like your sunspot. I was debating which outfit to go with for mine.. and it came down to the mold i was using just looked most like the more modern version but classic outfits are fantastic too!

I like the modern uniform better, I might change it later. I was looking for a easy way to do it.lol. Thanks for the tips. i will try again later. :)

I like em both but the old uniform is cool to me since it's so similar to the original uniforms

the old uniforn is certainly much easier.. painting a good x just by eyeballing it is kinda tough!

I realized that too. While there's tons of mutants to be made, the X-men with the longest tenure have either been made or are in the works. I think Bishop is one of the last of the oldies.

also Banshee, Polaris, Forge, Emma (I feel like shes earned it) and maybe Rachel Summers..

I realized that too. While there's tons of mutants to be made, the X-men with the longest tenure have either been made or are in the works. I think Bishop is one of the last of the oldies.

Agree, Bishop, Banshee, Forge, Dazzler, Polaris , Emma should be out maybe 2014?

Agree, Bishop, Banshee, Forge, Dazzler, Polaris , Emma should be out maybe 2014?

yeah then take that list and look at most relevant. Emma, Dazzler, Polaris, and Rachel are still pretty active and therefore most relevant. Though I think in terms of marketing Emma is the most likely out of that group. Bishop last I read is stranded in the future.. and thus isn't very relevant but definitely very marketable. Banshee has been dead for awhile and I read Forge is presumed dead. Not sure if they would get made or if Hasbro would begin focusing on more current and relevant mutants. But I do think Emma and Bishop will definitely get made and Dazzler and Polaris have a real good chance but probably later down the road..

That Green Lantern custom looks awesome! If only Mattel had done them even close to that level I'd have far less money and alot more figures.

I've been working on my symbiote enhanced Lady Octopus. Heres the arms as I was building them:

DSCF1210.jpg

And then a couple shots with a rather random head just to see how it might look. Probably NOT going to use this head since it looks so spider-like. But I still haven't decided how Lady Octopus might look with symbiote powers. She needs some other color for contrast too, but I haven't decided how to do that either. Maybe some "Doc Ock Green"?

DSCF1218.jpg

DSCF1216.jpg

I do like how my bendable arms have worked out. I am soooo going to make some arms for Reed next and possibly a longer stretchy body too.

Oh, and sorry for the crappy pics. My underwater camera was closer and easier to get to and I was just plain lazy using auto.

a couple more lazy shots with some of the rest of the Symbiote Squad.

Rhino:

DSCF1221.jpg

and then here's all I've done so far. You can't really get a good idea of Lizard's symbiote enhanced tail in these shots. I should take another so you can see how long it is.

DSCF1224.jpg

left to right: Tarantula, Lizard, Lady Ock, Rhino, and Vulture. Might change up Vulture some, and Lizard needs some more white or another primary color to fit the symbiote look I think.

That Green Lantern custom looks awesome! If only Mattel had done them even close to that level I'd have far less money and alot more figures.

I've been working on my symbiote enhanced Lady Octopus. Heres the arms as I was building them:

And then a couple shots with a rather random head just to see how it might look. Probably NOT going to use this head since it looks so spider-like. But I still haven't decided how Lady Octopus might look with symbiote powers. She needs some other color for contrast too, but I haven't decided how to do that either. Maybe some "Doc Ock Green"?

I do like how my bendable arms have worked out. I am soooo going to make some arms for Reed next and possibly a longer stretchy body too.

Oh, and sorry for the crappy pics. My underwater camera was closer and easier to get to and I was just plain lazy using auto.

That is probably the most odd custom I have seen!

also the tarantula looks pretty cool.

That is probably the most odd custom I have seen!

also the tarantula looks pretty cool.

lol, yep it's pretty odd. I was perusing Spidey villains trying to think who would make sense with symbiotic enhancements and didn't like the idea of Doc Ock himself, but Lady Ock sounded interesting. Plus, I just liked the idea of replacing her "real" arms and legs with symbiotic tentacles.

Mainly it was just fun figuring out how to do it so I could pose them however I wanted and still support the figure plus whatever she was holding.