MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

finished a couple Super Skrulls that took me about 4-5 months to create. mostly learning how to cast so i could start fabricating my own parts. flamey and non flamey versions. also helped Kilo23 with his deadpool and psylocke above.

SSflame04.jpg

SSnonflamey02.jpg

Psylocke03.jpg

got more pics up on my facebook page: NoodleChow Customs Page

as well as in the customs forum section hereabouts.

Super Skrulls:

Body - Cable torso and legs.

Head - sculpted using Super Sculpey Firm then molded and cast.

Arms - Fists sculpted from scratch with Super Sculpey Firm with Apoxe Sculpt touch ups. Biceps and Elbows were modded Cable arms merged with XMO movie Wolverine's hips then sculpted over with Apoxie Sculpt. also molded and cast.

Lower Legs (invisible) - clear resin casts of original legs.

Shoulder Flair - Apoxie Sculpt

Paint - Testors Acrylics

Flames - resin casts of chopped up flame bits from a Toybiz movie Human Torch figure.

Psylocke:

Head - Onyx's jarael head cast

Body - X-23

Forearms - Psylocke single card

Sash - Psylocke single card

Paint - Testors Acrylics

finished a couple Super Skrulls that took me about 4-5 months to create. mostly learning how to cast so i could start fabricating my own parts. flamey and non flamey versions. also helped Kilo23 with his deadpool and psylocke above.

SSflame04.jpg

SSnonflamey02.jpg

Psylocke03.jpg

got more pics up on my facebook page: NoodleChow Customs Page

as well as in the customs forum section hereabouts.

Super Skrulls:

Body - Cable torso and legs.

Head - sculpted using Super Sculpey Firm then molded and cast.

Arms - Fists sculpted from scratch with Super Sculpey Firm with Apoxe Sculpt touch ups. Biceps and Elbows were modded Cable arms merged with XMO movie Wolverine's hips then sculpted over with Apoxie Sculpt. also molded and cast.

Lower Legs (invisible) - clear resin casts of original legs.

Shoulder Flair - Apoxie Sculpt

Paint - Testors Acrylics

Flames - resin casts of chopped up flame bits from a Toybiz movie Human Torch figure.

Psylocke:

Head - Onyx's jarael head cast

Body - X-23

Forearms - Psylocke single card

Sash - Psylocke single card

Paint - Testors Acrylics

Awesome job! Congrats!

After many requests, I've put that head back in circulation, Just go to my site and search for Fem-3.

Awesome job guys! That Super Skrull is the bomb!!!

I'm considering making two different size Hulk heads. One to fit MU and the other to fit The Incredible Hulk movie figures. AKA- this one...

review_moviehulk_1.jpg

After many requests, I've put that head back in circulation, Just go to my site and search for Fem-3.

Awesome job guys! That Super Skrull is the bomb!!!

I'm considering making two different size Hulk heads. One to fit MU and the other to fit The Incredible Hulk movie figures. AKA- this one...

review_moviehulk_1.jpg

Hey Nyx, u should thank me lol JK

LOL, actually Di, you're the one late to the party.I've had that head in my store for nearly a year now. It's the same one everyone has used for their She-Hulks. It was sent to me by our very own Legend. I just recently removed it for an inventory overhaul and decided to put it back., but thank you for resurrecting interest in it.

LOL, actually Di, you're the one late to the party.I've had that head in my store for nearly a year now. It's the same one everyone has used for their She-Hulks. It was sent to me by our very own Legend. I just recently removed it for an inventory overhaul and decided to put it back., but thank you for resurrecting interest in it.

Lol, that's what I meant, I resurrected the interest lol.X

Yeah, judging by your self picture, I don't think you'd ever have any problems "resurrecting interest". LOL

Yeah, judging by your self picture, I don't think you'd ever have any problems "resurrecting interest". LOL

lol, what? I didn't get that. lol

I use technical pens...that have points like 001, 01, 005, etc for fine details like eyebrows and fine fine details. You can find them at your local art store. Aside to that, use the finest paint brushes you can find and use multiple thin coats vs one thick coat of paint as necessary.

What are you tips for painting the facial details (eyes, lips). I usually have the most trouble with that. I think that maybe I don't have the right brush or something. Appreciate the help!

I didn't realize psylocke was part x-23, she looks fantastic, great job with the lines.

as I now have an army of crappy thrown together skrulls I am very jealous of that super skrull. Just a phenomal job man.

@ Grui.. Trying to do eyes sometimes makes me walk to hulk rage my room. I also hate trying to get nice straight lines, yellow paint, emblems, and long walks on the beach... seriously.. why walk.. they specifically make beach accessories for lounging and swimming, the only reason to walk is to look at hot babes and in my case make my other friends look better (except the few friends i have that swim in their shirts)