MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

heroesrox - put your camera on the flower symbol for close up photos. Don't worry about the other guys comments. Guys, we shouldn't discourage anyone by putting them on blast for not knowing all the tips and tricks. At least they try. We should recognize them for that and give credit for it and encourage them to try harder and do better. Everyone's stuff looks off in the beginning! A custom is always ever what the creator wants it to be! No two people see the world the same way. Intheir eyes,itmay be perfect and that is really all that matters! There's no reason to be overly critical, harsh, or judgemental.It's only toys and all in fun! Keep on doing your thing heroesrox!!!!

I don't think anyone was being critical. I didn't make any comment on the figure, because honestly I couldn't see it good enough. And I tried to offer a tip about putting the figure further back to maybe clear things up.

I finally finished my custom Emma Frost. Here's the three pictures I took of her. Some stuff for you all to know: Our camera is a PoS.... It's from the Dollar General store and Emma's a bit blurry.

Also, here's the recipe of her.

1. Her body was a custom made body that I bought from eBay. If you check my entire album on Photobucket, which only consists of four pictures..., you will see the body before I painted it and such. It is amazing looking. Her hair, arms and legs are from the blonde MU Spider Woman and her head is from Mrs. Coulter from the Golden Compass movie.

Now, here are the pictures! Please, tell me what you think of her! :)

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t415/heroesrox/001.jpg

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t415/heroesrox/002.jpg

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t415/heroesrox/003.jpg

unfortunately, I can't really see anything. The pics are way too blurry. The cam is from Dollar General? Maybe you can take the pics with the figure further away since it doesn't seem to be able to focus close up?

I've tried. :( This thing is what I use to post pics on eBay and I never can get a good picture of a figure. :( I'll try changing the settings, Onyx, but this thing really is a cheap thing! It only take up to three pictures at a time and then, I have to put those on the computer, take out the battiers and start all over again... lol. :D

see, what I was saying, is in the 3rd picture, I can see the background clearly. Maybe that's where you need to put the figure? Then we would at least be able to see it, even though it might be smaller

heroesrox - put your camera on the flower symbol for close up photos. Don't worry about the other guys comments. Guys, we shouldn't discourage anyone by putting them on blast for not knowing all the tips and tricks. At least they try. We should recognize them for that and give credit for it and encourage them to try harder and do better. Everyone's stuff looks off in the beginning! A custom is always ever what the creator wants it to be! No two people see the world the same way. Intheir eyes,itmay be perfect and that is really all that matters! There's no reason to be overly critical, harsh, or judgemental.It's only toys and all in fun! Keep on doing your thing heroesrox!!!!

I don't think anyone was being critical. I didn't make any comment on the figure, because honestly I couldn't see it good enough. And I tried to offer a tip about putting the figure further back to maybe clear things up.

Nah it's good bro. I'm just speaking in general.

16611795[/url]']

16611782[/url]' date='Jun 23 2012, 08:30 AM']heroesrox - put your camera on the flower symbol for close up photos. Don't worry about the other guys comments. Guys, we shouldn't discourage anyone by putting them on blast for not knowing all the tips and tricks. At least they try. We should recognize them for that and give credit for it and encourage them to try harder and do better. Everyone's stuff looks off in the beginning! A custom is always ever what the creator wants it to be! No two people see the world the same way. Intheir eyes,itmay be perfect and that is really all that matters! There's no reason to be overly critical, harsh, or judgemental.It's only toys and all in fun! Keep on doing your thing heroesrox!!!!

I wasn't either and I stand by what I said and there's no ill will towards herosrox. He knows his camera is no bueno.

I think the wash makes him look like he just crawled out of a trench or a grenade blew up close to him. But i Like the kitbash. The military style legs with chainmail armor works for me. I'm not entirely sold on the helmet and goggles but overall it's pretty cool.

I wanted a more Heroic looking

WWII Captian America, so I kit bashed a classic style Cap with the First Avenger Cap. LMK what you think of the results.

WWII Captain America

WWIICaptian.jpgWWIICaotian4.jpg

WWIICaptain3.jpg

WWIICaptian2.jpg

16611844[/url]']

16611781[/url]']

16611768[/url]' date='Jun 23 2012, 07:21 AM']Hey Onyx have you ever had a Nick Fury head in your store before?

White or black Nick Fury?

White Nick Fury

White as long as he's white in 616

Ehhh.. got some bad news for ya...

At first I was confused when I read that, until I look it up on the internet. Now, I know why Fury was black in Scarlet Spider #5...

okay... so if you guys want to argue, please do it through PMs.

we all appreciate everybody doing customs and all that.. but we obviously can't have this going on here. If it continues, people won't be allowed to talk about their own stores and whatnot... and people will get into trouble lol..

okay customizers. if rumor becomes reality, and MU comes to an end in the near future ...

Where might the rest of us be able to see this rumor?

Nevermind, saw Curto's "dark days are ahead" post at Rebelscum.

We'll see. If Hasbro really can't make a line like this work where customers are ready to beat down the stockroom door if they even sniff a new MU figure in there, then they are a bunch of idiots and let them kill the line. Eventually, someone with a brain will get the license and we'll have figures again. Until then, we'll all have more money.

Whatever.

Just wanna share ...

Ever wondered whether if bagman has a real face or not underneath that paper bag mask?

Ever had any guesses whose head they put on that body?

Presenting the Amazing Bagman!

STP89035.jpg

any guesses?

STP89034.jpg

STP89031.jpg

Vonner wasn't kidding when he said they gave him a real head! They even went through all the trouble, it's really andrew garfi...errr Peter Parker!

At first I thought he was Mr. Fantastic, I was dead wrong...

STP89029.jpg

So there, I'll probably paint up his hair, thanks Hasbro for giving us a decent Peter Parker...:D

what stands out most to me right now Dinamite is her head looks too big for her body. Maybe it's the shades I dunno. I like the shoulderpads. Did they come from the minimates boomer?

OK is NOT FINISH YET, looks horrible but I'm still working on it. I couldn't wait to show it. I mixed Minimates Boomer with X23, Its getting in there, looks a little mess now. lol

057.jpg

059.jpg

OK is NOT FINISH YET, looks horrible but I'm still working on it. I couldn't wait to show it. I mixed Minimates Boomer with X23, Its getting in there, looks a little mess now. lol

057.jpg

nice work!!!!

THAT LOOKS AWESOME. The head might be a little big but I can't tell if it is just the angle and an illusion with glasses and hair... Speaking of the hair, I have never seen Liefeld-ish (although I know he never drew this incarnation of her) hair done so well.

If that's an original head then why the hell are they reusing phoenix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wanna share ...

Ever wondered whether if bagman has a real face or not underneath that paper bag mask?

Ever had any guesses whose head they put on that body?

Presenting the Amazing Bagman!

STP89035.jpg

any guesses?

STP89034.jpg

STP89031.jpg

Vonner wasn't kidding when he said they gave him a real head! They even went through all the trouble, it's really andrew garfi...errr Peter Parker!

At first I thought he was Mr. Fantastic, I was dead wrong...

STP89029.jpg

So there, I'll probably paint up his hair, thanks Hasbro for giving us a decent Peter Parker...:D