MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beetle is AWESOME! That is a superb job of sculpting and painting. If I could do half that good of a job then I'd try my hand at him too. Wish Hasbro would make one, but it probably wouldn't look this good. Any chance you'll let someone clone that thing?

Now if you really want to be #1 customizer......

......do a Mach I (or II, III, etc) I'll bet that armor is a little difficult to customize.lol

As for paperbag Spidey, I could have sworn that one of our Filipino friends here got one and said that the bag was glued on or something. Was that misinformation or did you really have to pry that sucker off there? Whatever the case, it looks good though I think Peter should have darker hair. Like someone else said, it looks like Johnny with the blond hair and FF costume. hmmmm...might need to pick up an extra or two for that head. .....could always use some extra grocery bags anyway. ;o)

Beetle is AWESOME! That is a superb job of sculpting and painting. If I could do half that good of a job then I'd try my hand at him too. Wish Hasbro would make one, but it probably wouldn't look this good. Any chance you'll let someone clone that thing?

Now if you really want to be #1 customizer......

......do a Mach I (or II, III, etc) I'll bet that armor is a little difficult to customize.lol

Part of why I made the "antennae" part of the helmet shorter than usually depicted was with an eye toward casting. I could attempt it but someone like Onyx with better materials could probably do it better.

Over on Joecustoms someone suggested I make the larger "Buzzin Beetle" armor--I'm actually tempted to make it and the original costume (it's Silver-Age silly but would be pretty easy).

I do want to make a Mach 1 or which ever number--I think the modern armor is kind of boring looking compared to the early models.

I haven't had much time for customs the last month or so but this weekend was a lazy one so I finally finished this project--The Beetle.

Beetlefront.jpg

Beetleback.jpg

I might sculpt an alternate "open wings" version of the backpack.

Sheer BRILLIANCE!

Your Beetle should be carded and sold by Hasbro. Or perhaps by someone with more success in distribution.

I thought the hair looked unpainted (still flesh tone) not blonde. Maybe I looked at the picture too quickly.

No, I think you are correct!

my thought was: If the hair/head was flesh tone...then they wouldn't have any need to paint the face a flesh tone. the face is clearly a different color from the hair.I don't know if i explained what i meant well enough...but I know what i mean. lol

*Edit. looking at the pic again...I see that i am wrong. and I'm ok with that.

Still doesn't look like a 'spiderman/peter parker' like sculpt though.

OK is NOT FINISH YET, looks horrible but I'm still working on it. I couldn't wait to show it. I mixed Minimates Boomer with X23, Its getting in there, looks a little mess now. lol

057.jpg

nice work!!!!

THAT LOOKS AWESOME. The head might be a little big but I can't tell if it is just the angle and an illusion with glasses and hair... Speaking of the hair, I have never seen Liefeld-ish (although I know he never drew this incarnation of her) hair done so well.

Seriously. That is an incredible custom. Lots of great detail, very articulate, super-cool. And an awesome character, of course. :wink:

OK is NOT FINISH YET, looks horrible but I'm still working on it. I couldn't wait to show it. I mixed Minimates Boomer with X23, Its getting in there, looks a little mess now. lol

057.jpg

nice work!!!!

THAT LOOKS AWESOME. The head might be a little big but I can't tell if it is just the angle and an illusion with glasses and hair... Speaking of the hair, I have never seen Liefeld-ish (although I know he never drew this incarnation of her) hair done so well.

Seriously. That is an incredible custom. Lots of great detail, very articulate, super-cool. And an awesome character, of course. :wink:

Yeah you really nailed that one Dina.

And Amuro I agree it does look an awful lot like the Spidey, and friends Peter Parker.

Here's the newest item I'm putting in my store. It's something that was discussed between myself, and several others a while back when they showed us the MDC Dr Doom, and now I give you a complete replacement hand Infinity Gauntlet:

first the cast images:

001-162.jpg

010-40.jpg

and now here it is all painted up:

006-82.jpg

012-45.jpg

[quote name=Diabolical' date='Jun 25 2012, 12:01 PM' post='16611963]

what stands out most to me right now Dinamite is her head looks too big for her body. Maybe it's the shades I dunno. I like the shoulderpads. Did they come from the minimates boomer?[quote name=Dinamite' post='16611951' date='Jun 25 2012, 08:26 AM]

Well, it is based on Liefield art.

Lol, THANK YOU GUYS!! When I finish her I will show a new picture, it might take me another week coz I won't perfection lol. the head is great is not that big, well apart from the glass, but I guess she was sort of like this in the comics!! I will take a pic of her later with Cable and warpath is cool. and yes she is super articulated.

Liefeld sold his soul for sucess but talent wasn't part of the deal. What through me off was the rest of the body was proportional to itself.

@ Dinamite - I know Boomer has big hair and shades but I really think you'd like her better if those shades were a bit smaller. You've done a great job I love everything else but something ain't Gellin with that head and I think it's because she's wearing the same shades you see old people wearing after they leave the eye doctor.

Ha!

Liefeld sold his soul for sucess but talent wasn't part of the deal. What through me off was the rest of the body was proportional to itself.

@ Dinamite - I know Boomer has big hair and shades but I really think you'd like her better if those shades were a bit smaller. You've done a great job I love everything else but something ain't Gellin with that head and I think it's because she's wearing the same shades you see old people wearing after they leave the eye doctor.

Ha!

Ditto