MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that Magneto is awesome, almost perfect. My only grip is that I hate the legs you used. The thighs are too long. Should have used comic DD's legs... and maybe dremeled out the helmet and used a new face.. that's what I did because I don't like Mags' face sculpt

I preferred the thighs that was used because it was more muscular. The lower half are the DD legs. Doing a helmet and new face was to much. I just wanted a more up to date version then the folded cape MU magneto.

NoodleChow. Those are some of the best I've seen on these boards. Do you mind spilling how you made them?

Kilo23 sent me most of the parts. Fury is a RodimusVTS fury head, shield agent torso, bullseye legs and right gun hand. gotta dremel the thigh sockets a bit to get it to really fit on the body, then paint to match everything including the head. one thing i noticed is that RodimusVTS put the cigar on the wrong side. the gaping drooping mouth part is where it should be. works well enough since as i was painting the head, i imagined he was barking orders at me with disdain.

magneto is the daredevil body and lower legs, falcon thighs, SW magneto forearms, open hand and belt, cyclops fist, WatXM magneto cape, and x-23 bootsleeves as the lower leg bands. aside from assembly and paint, the main thing is cutting up and shaving down the bootsleeves. gotta chop out 6 rectangular pieces per sleeve since that vertical line section going down the front is also on the back.

Finally got my MOE set a few days a go & had already bought an extra Bulldozer on evilbay due to the matching Orange colors Tigershark & BD had. I hate the oversized Cable buck they went with on Tigershark so I knew I was gonna have to do my own properly scaled version of Mr Arliss. I boiled both figs for 3-4 minutes, then used a screwdriver to pop both upper torsos off. I then popped TS upper torso onto the BD lower torso, swapped out TS legs from the knees down onto BD's legs & then swapped out a Frost Giants left hand & replaced TS left hand with the more claw like looking FG hand. Repainted the wussy lilac colors Black & a 3 hrs later I had my version of a properly scaled, meaner looking Tigershark. I'll post a couple of before & after pics. Comments/critiques welcome.

DSC02925.jpg

DSC02929.jpg

after:

DSC02949.jpg

DSC02941.jpg

DSC02948.jpg

Much better! Though I'm not sure of the leg swap.

Personally i think the upper thigh cuts make the figure look worse. Joes can do awesome poses without any leg cuts. My Adam warlock needs crutches because his legs are so bad due to over articulation. Was looking at She-Hulk 2 pack and that cut just looks awful. In fact I may start Superglueing those cuts back together so my figures don't look so weird. The only cool new feature of the new legs to me is the pivot foot vs swivel, but the only difference is where they drilled the hole in the foot. How about a foot that swivels and pivots.. a knee bend and ball and socket connection to the pelvis and you've made a leg that doesn't interfere with the sculpt and has a natural range of motion.

sorry onyx, I rant because I really hate the new legs. All they really needed to change was the feet mechanics.

ps i also hate customizing a line across the new leg cuts and when you are done it looks great but as soon as you start posing the legs the new lines don't match up.

that Magneto is awesome, almost perfect. My only grip is that I hate the legs you used. The thighs are too long. Should have used comic DD's legs... and maybe dremeled out the helmet and used a new face.. that's what I did because I don't like Mags' face sculpt

I preferred the thighs that was used because it was more muscular. The lower half are the DD legs. Doing a helmet and new face was to much. I just wanted a more up to date version then the folded cape MU magneto.

right, the Falcon/Guardian thighs are more muscular, but they are anatomically incorrect. They are too long and make the legs look stupid. If you look at any figure that uses those legs, the knees are way too far down. When standing straight up, your hands should drop to about mid-thigh.. but not on those Falcon legs.

X Men Namor I made for Jason1551 -

XN3.jpgXN1.jpgXN4.jpg

XN2.jpg

WOAH! I gotta say, this is one of the best customs I have seen in a long time. I will admit I am biased because I love Namor, and love that base figure already. But it looks like a real production piece. You can't tell it's a custom, which is the most important thing in custom figures to me.

Please tell us how you did it