MU Customs

DarthOnyx

Finally completed my Outback-era X-men team.

I really like this. and that psylocke looks great. I'd love to see a bigger pic of just her.

Also how'd ya do the colossus?

bits and pieces: marvel legends showdown colossus, destroyer, xow colossus.

I could be wrong...

destroyer is the only figure i can think of with the metal chest, so i think you are right

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really like this. and that psylocke looks great. I'd love to see a bigger pic of just her.

I could be wrong...

destroyer is the only figure i can think of with the metal chest, so i think you are right

I posted the recipe I think when I originally posted that custom a few months ago.

Chest and crotch Destroyer, arms and legs W:O Colossus, head MLS Colossus.

Modding the Destroyer torso to work with ball joint shoulders was a pain, but now I know how to do it.

I could be wrong...

I posted the recipe I think when I originally posted that custom a few months ago.

Chest and crotch Destroyer, arms and legs W:O Colossus, head MLS Colossus.

Modding the Destroyer torso to work with ball joint shoulders was a pain, but now I know how to do it.

well he looks great.

Hello! I've come back from the dead to show off a really simple but amazingly effective looking Iron Patriot custom:

post-27385-1348963093_thumb.jpg

I wanted to go for a more comic-accurate version of the suit. The version Hasbro gave us is based off the Extremis armor, which just looks totally wrong compared to how the Iron Patriot armor was portrayed in the comics. There are several different ways he's been drawn in the comics, so I based this figure off the most consistent (and my favorite) portrayal.

Reference:

post-27385-1348963357_thumb.jpg

Critiques, comments and death threats are welcome. I won't get into a fuming huff at the most innocent criticism, I promise. :)

Hello! I've come back from the dead to show off a really simple but amazingly effective looking Iron Patriot custom:

I wanted to go for a more comic-accurate version of the suit. The version Hasbro gave us is based off the Extremis armor, which just looks totally wrong compared to how the Iron Patriot armor was portrayed in the comics. There are several different ways he's been drawn in the comics, so I based this figure off the most consistent (and my favorite) portrayal.

Reference:

Critiques, comments and death threats are welcome. I won't get into a fuming huff at the most innocent criticism, I promise. :)

i don't know....your flag's not curled the same way. ;o)

seriously though, that's a great paint job there. I'm still hoping to be that steady and that accurate someday. great job

Reference:

he looks great man!!

Just a couple quick shots of Hawkeye's Skycycle. I need to touch up the paint apps quite a bit more. Camera shows those little errors much better than the naked eye!lol It's not really as dark of a purple as it looks here. Still too dark probably, but not this dark.

SkyCycle2_zpsb8861159.jpg

SkyCycle1_zpse75eeb00.jpg

Now I just have to figure out where Hawkeye might be and I can set him up racing some SHIELD agents in their flying car. ;o)

Just a couple quick shots of Hawkeye's Skycycle. I need to touch up the paint apps quite a bit more. Camera shows those little errors much better than the naked eye!lol It's not really as dark of a purple as it looks here. Still too dark probably, but not this dark.

Now I just have to figure out where Hawkeye might be and I can set him up racing some SHIELD agents in their flying car. ;o)

Here's the old SHIELD car from a few months ago. Still need to do some stickers/logos

CAP_0067_RT.jpg

CAP_0064_4x8.jpg

16625574[/url]']

hot dang!!! I want one. seriously. post a pic with clint or anybody sittin' on it so I can totally geek out!!!friggin cool man!!!!!!

16625575[/url]']

16625513[/url]' date='Sep 30 2012, 11:18 AM']my ultimate universe falcon, 95% complete, and my "first class"

I also like the backpack wings. Are they spring-loaded? What figure does the backpack portion come from?

no, they aren't spring loaded (that would be great); they swivel but are pretty firm and hold their position. I got the harness from a comic ver. whiplash chestplate.