MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems like the "go to" paints for customs are the Tamiya or Testors brands. Has anybody tried Createx Acrylics or other airbrush paints? I've used them in the past on Gundam models and vinyl and resin model kits with great results. Most people like to water down their paints to create a great finish but air brush paints come at a thinner consistancy (so they can pass through the air brush) so they give the same smooth finish. My only worry for action figures would be the paint rub but with a decent sealer they should work well.

Im not much of a customiser my self... I wish I could do better.

Anyway I still like to do some tweeks when possible.

this one I was really happy about.. Psylocke new hair. She had such a crappy hair that anything I could pull it of would be better.

8050955214_63d5f631a3_c.jpg

8050949835_3418efcd3b_c.jpg

8050950421_9306c0bfa1_c.jpg

A custom Magneto.. just a head swap with the paperbag head and painted hair.. oh and Odin`s cape (from thor movie toy line) I like that I can swap heads anytime... but still of all magnetos out there.. still not satisfied with any of them (neither this one XD)

8050946731_147ef4b6d3_c.jpg

for the rest of my colection I have a torch and iceman with fire and ice glued on... some head swap skrulls (if I could get more figures I would do some arm swaping too) and to finish just painted a Balck Cat from a baroness(just the hair) from behind.. who can tell? XD

8050953811_4647104312_c.jpg

thats about it I wish I had more figures to try and customise but here they are hard to come by (most I bought on the internet or last year when I hitted US for the NYCC)

oh and let me hear your toughts!

16626000[/url]']

Im not much of a customiser my self... I wish I could do better.

Anyway I still like to do some tweeks when possible.

this one I was really happy about.. Psylocke new hair. She had such a crappy hair that anything I could pull it of would be better.

8050955214_63d5f631a3_c.jpg

8050949835_3418efcd3b_c.jpg

8050950421_9306c0bfa1_c.jpg

A custom Magneto.. just a head swap with the paperbag head and painted hair.. oh and Odin`s cape (from thor movie toy line) I like that I can swap heads anytime... but still of all magnetos out there.. still not satisfied with any of them (neither this one XD)

8050946731_147ef4b6d3_c.jpg

for the rest of my colection I have a torch and iceman with fire and ice glued on... some head swap skrulls (if I could get more figures I would do some arm swaping too) and to finish just painted a Balck Cat from a baroness(just the hair) from behind.. who can tell? XD

8050953811_4647104312_c.jpg

thats about it I wish I had more figures to try and customise but here they are hard to come by (most I bought on the internet or last year when I hitted US for the NYCC)

oh and let me hear your toughts!

you've got a great eye for customizing!!! you should find this seller on e-bay named "happyeverydaysales" - she's based in china, but has super-low prices and shipping on various mu figures w/o accessories - a customizers dream!!!

added angel to the lineup

man, they all look great!!!!

thanks. Looking at the pics I'm kinda debating sculpting tunics rather than leave em with the skin tight look but It's also more work *eye twitches* then maybe new hair for jean cause imo it looks like playdo hair. Iceman I like but I wished he was smaller, the putty I used didn't spread well.

man, they all look great!!!!

thanks. Looking at the pics I'm kinda debating sculpting tunics rather than leave em with the skin tight look but It's also more work *eye twitches* then maybe new hair for jean cause imo it looks like playdo hair. Iceman I like but I wished he was smaller, the putty I used didn't spread well.

looks good to me. i've seen iceman looking somewhat bulky when he looked like that in the comics.

Oh man! Those are great!

Thanks PYD :D

looks good to me. i've seen iceman looking somewhat bulky when he looked like that in the comics.

Ty War, you're right, I just think with him being the youngest and drawn shorter than cyke or angel, I wanted to duplicate that and the putty I was using didn't spread as thin as I would have liked.