MU Customs

DarthOnyx

...as much as I hate fanservice of this type.. good job on the fleshtone.

lol. If it was wrong it wouldn't be called "Fan Service" it would be called 'unpopular perversion'.

And I think we should all fix the mistakes that hasbro is making by not properly portraying how low cut and skimpy these comic book superheroines actually dress. (are drawn)

and don't get me started on 'unrealistic'. I know plenty of women who show 'it' off when they have 'it'. ...and some who show it off regardless...

That means Gamora in Annihilation and Black Cat would be my next customs.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Everybody I don't post alot but I'm a fan of all things Marvel and I do lurk around a few site alot but here lately I have found myself taking a shot at this customizing game to help me kill time now that I only have one job instead two. This economy suck but that is a discussion for another day, time, and place so here are some of the things I have done to start out I would love to know what you guys think and any tips to help me improve would be appreciated. Thanks for Looking

post-22216-1351811969_thumb.jpg

post-22216-1351812030_thumb.jpg

post-22216-1351812056_thumb.jpg

post-22216-1351812124_thumb.jpg

post-22216-1351812154_thumb.jpg

post-22216-1351812193_thumb.jpg

post-22216-1351812207_thumb.jpg

post-22216-1351812301_thumb.jpg

post-22216-1351812314_thumb.jpg

Ok need some help im working on a new blade using a new punisher, I like the old head and had an extra blade body and head. Now the ball socket on the head is larger than the joint on the body. Question is what can I do to mount the head onto the body,but still get full mobility. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Ok need some help im working on a new blade using a new punisher, I like the old head and had an extra blade body and head. Now the ball socket on the head is larger than the joint on the body. Question is what can I do to mount the head onto the body,but still get full mobility. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Honestly, when I dremel out the heads I intentionally go larger than I need to. I don't really play with my customs or let my kids play with them, but I do like to have LOTS of poseability. So, I go larger and then use a small bit of sticky-putty like you would use to hang posters or something. It's inside so it isn't seen and it will hold the head in any position you want to pose them in. And because the hole is larger, there are far more possible positions than if you make a snug or "perfect" fit anyway.

So, you could use some greenstuff or other plastic putty; but I would suggest just getting some sticky putty unless it is for playing instead of posing.

This allows for things like looking up or even cocking the head sideways a little - two positions that aren't generally available with most neck joints.

And for a completely different help topic.....

I am finally getting the last piece of my Pitt BAF and I'm wanting to make a Surtur out of him. I think a tail from one of the "How to Train your Dragon" figures might work for his tail; however, I have absolutely no idea what to use for his head. I need an appropriate Surtur head that will work on something as large as Pitt. Any suggestions?

And my sculpting experience is minimal, so making my own is not very likely and pretty much at the bottom of my list of choices so far.

Put a dab of greenstuff in the neck hole.Wet the neck ball. Put the head on and turn it occasionally as the greenstuff hardens to avoid sticking. Problem solved.

Make it tight

Get it wet

Keep it wet

Keep moving it

Sound familiar?

And for a completely different help topic.....

I am finally getting the last piece of my Pitt BAF and I'm wanting to make a Surtur out of him. I think a tail from one of the "How to Train your Dragon" figures might work for his tail; however, I have absolutely no idea what to use for his head. I need an appropriate Surtur head that will work on something as large as Pitt. Any suggestions?

And my sculpting experience is minimal, so making my own is not very likely and pretty much at the bottom of my list of choices so far.

Are you removing that Pitt head completely? I'll take it if you don't want it!

Can someone articulate the best way to take apart a Marvel Universe ankle? I can never seem to do it without making an incision.

Pulling the foot is easy with boil and pop. Then the peg that fits into the foot has that circle attached to it that seems to be an unbroken circle 360 degrees that sits in that rod/peg in the ankle which also seems to not come out?

I currently do it by either making an incision in the circle attached to the ankle peg or the horizontal rod inside the ankle. That seems to work, but if there's a way to do it without an incision that'd be clutch.

Here's a picture because it's hard to describe:

530760_4425746014814_1943273023_n.jpg

What I am asking is the best way to get this peg and circle piece out of the ankle, and off the horizontal bar in the ankle. I currently cut the rod in the ankle, or cut the circle attached to the peg. Both have been working for me but I cannot figure out how Hasbro puts this piece together?

Can someone articulate the best way to take apart a Marvel Universe ankle? I can never seem to do it without making an incision.

Pulling the foot is easy with boil and pop. Then the peg that fits into the foot has that circle attached to it that seems to be an unbroken circle 360 degrees that sits in that rod/peg in the ankle which also seems to not come out?

I currently do it by either making an incision in the circle attached to the ankle peg or the horizontal rod inside the ankle. That seems to work, but if there's a way to do it without an incision that'd be clutch.

Here's a picture because it's hard to describe:

530760_4425746014814_1943273023_n.jpg

What I am asking is the best way to get this peg and circle piece out of the ankle, and off the horizontal bar in the ankle. I currently cut the rod in the ankle, or cut the circle attached to the peg. Both have been working for me but I cannot figure out how Hasbro puts this piece together?

It's press molded together.The only way to get it apart is the ways you mentioned.

Has anyone done a Wesley Snipes Blade? Onyx maybe?

I threw Agent J's head on this body for fun it was really silly looking and for the hell of it i put a lil sculpting on the hair and painted him blacker and imo it looks a lot like wesley snipes blade. Also as Onyx mentioned there are others who cast the head. I think it is Glassman Customs that has an amazing one

8110798766_6948d7ee15.jpg