MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok Guys my very first custom!! Sorry for the dark and blurry phone pics :)

Presenting, Natasha Romanov AKA Black Widow

IMG_20121120_203055.jpg

IMG_20121120_203110.jpgIMG_20121120_203217.jpg">

Parts:

Body and Upper Legs - Rise Of Cobra Scarlet

Arms, Head, and Lower Legs - Movie Black Widow

Hair - MU Phoenix

Wristbands and Belt - MU Black Widow

I'm going to take a break from it for now. It's been more work than i expected... plus I added bulk to him and ended up not liking it as much and tore it off and started over and am a bit tired of it atm.

I've been sanding the hulk arms to remove texture and that's been a pain in the ass, especially since it's a softer material. There may be a better arm choice out there.

I also extended the torso width by putting the round disc part of the shoulder pegs on the outside of the torso sockets and encasing them in putty instead. It worked really well. Ya just have to lay him flat and position it so the arms don't move while the putty hardens.

If that doesn't make sense, it's like planting a tree where the socket is the hole in thee ground the shoulder peg is the roots and ya just fill the hole in with putty.

It looks like a crazy amount of work, so I definitely understand the need for a break. I think pausing a project can sometimes be the best thing for it. You can think it over, and if it still seems like it's worth the effort, be re-energized for it. Regardless, I'm a fan of your work. Whatever you put out next, I'm looking forward to seeing.

Thanks man, that's definitely true.. but after posting that I took another look at what I was doing and realized I was screwing up.. so i cut away the putty yet again and restarted and it, and am pretty happy with the result thus far. So I think I'll at least get it ready to paint before i take a break from it.

Resculpted the torso and am satisfied with it. It's not perfect (the back and abs were done with a complete lack of enthusiasm) but overall it's pretty gnarly in hand and I'm proud of it. Debating which legs to use: Gladiator vs Steve Rogers and then look to go with. I'm leaning towards a more current look. I may have to edit the head but I think what I've come up with is more modern looking sculpt. At any rate he's going to be collecting dust until i decide to finish him.

8219273543_371ff29402.jpg

8219338443_36756c67c4.jpg

8220365798_b3c34f8d4f.jpg

I was out in my shed, and found my old Tony Stark I made using the Face figure, and switched Face's head out w/ the RDJ Stark head from my figure kits in my store

003-2.jpg

W/ Rhodey

004-2.jpg

Gen Ross finding that now that Banner is working w/ Stark, and SHIELD he can't just come in, and start pushing Bruce around

005-1.jpg

I really need to get some more ink for my printer so I can print up some backgrounds.

Looking good D. I'd go w/ the larger Wonderman legs. They look more stable than the Comm. Rogers legs. Of course if you're going for how he looked when fighting WW Hulk then Luke Cage legs will work.

I'd say use cables legs. Where he is misproportioned due to learning to control his powers he still is pretty tall if I'm not mistaking.

thanks guys, here's what my choices look like

8221632726_844214a32b.jpg

8221556706_1d2c0f10c8.jpg

8221563582_373b6bb2c7.jpg

8220493321_acc91127e5.jpg

Steve Rogers is obviously too scrawny, but was thinking it could look good with bulked up upper thighs. I tried mixing different thighs with the lower legs but nothing matched up.

I felt like the cable legs looked great but almost too proportional, but the more strong guy pictures i see the more I think they would be fine.

Gladiators legs I felt worked ok

Those pant legs look cool too

Edit.

after doing lots of picture browsing I'm leaning towards cable's legs. Doesn't look like he's drawn so out of proportion as he was in the 90's.

Steve Rogers is obviously too scrawny, but was thinking it could look good with bulked up upper thighs. I tried mixing different thighs with the lower legs but nothing matched up.

I felt like the cable legs looked great but almost too proportional, but the more strong guy pictures i see the more I think they would be fine.

Edit.

after doing lots of picture browsing I'm leaning towards cable's legs. Doesn't look like he's drawn so out of proportion as he was in the 90's.

The cable / tigershark legs look awesome on him. Can't wait to see the finished version.

Resculpted the torso and am satisfied with it. It's not perfect (the back and abs were done with a complete lack of enthusiasm) but overall it's pretty gnarly in hand and I'm proud of it. Debating which legs to use: Gladiator vs Steve Rogers and then look to go with. I'm leaning towards a more current look. I may have to edit the head but I think what I've come up with is more modern looking sculpt. At any rate he's going to be collecting dust until i decide to finish him.

8219273543_371ff29402.jpg

8219338443_36756c67c4.jpg

8220365798_b3c34f8d4f.jpg

Really liking your approach! :)

Edit.

Definitely go with the Cable/Tigershark? legs. they look perfect from here.

yeah I agree it's the right choice. The only thing I don't like about it is it makes the waist look even smaller but I don't think I can do anything about it without fusing the waist. I'm also going to keep an eye out for a jacket in the 6 inch scale that might fit him. I don't think that belt will be accurate either but I'm not about to cover up such a good x-belt

NICE! I say go for the Tiger Shark legs. Proportionately, you're totally right- these days, he's disproportional, but not like the old-school X-Factor comics. Looking back, many of those issues had a super-stylized approach anyway. My favorite look for Strong Guy is X-Factor #1 (2005)- it's simple and has his trademark hair. You could keep the glasses as-is, sort of as an homage to his roots. But if you find a jacket, you could do his second look in that series.