MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't had time to work on anything major for while now, but I have been doing minor repaints and touchups here and there.

Gambit has a new coat and a couple cards, repainted Wolverines's belt to break up the monotony of yellow, did a little height extension on Magneto's waste (might be too subtle), and repainted dark Phoenix.

GambitWolverineMagnetoJean.jpg

Updated Fantastic Four. Added flames to Johnny, a "4" buckle for Ben, simple head swap for Reed, and Sue has new hair (didn't like it short) and I slapped it on the body of my original custom.

FF.jpg

Finally have a modern Cap worthy of the title Super Soldier. Basically a mixture of previous releases, plus the head of the newest one.

01.jpg

02.jpg

Psycho Pirate I'm just waiting on that helmet :smile:

010_zpsf0411f46.jpg

We think a lot alike. My WIP Wasp looks very similar to that, and I've been collecting white animals here and there for an eventual Snowbird!

I would like to redo my wasp. The paint isn't as smooth as I would like but I think Hasbro will release her soon. I did make the aemh version too. Its OK. You went the extra mile on your antman with the helmet though.

I haven't had time to work on anything major for while now, but I have been doing minor repaints and touchups here and there.

Gambit has a new coat and a couple cards, repainted Wolverines's belt to break up the monotony of yellow, did a little height extension on Magneto's waste (might be too subtle), and repainted dark Phoenix.

Updated Fantastic Four. Added flames to Johnny, a "4" buckle for Ben, simple head swap for Reed, and Sue has new hair (didn't like it short) and I slapped it on the body of my original custom.

FF.jpg

Finally have a modern Cap worthy of the title Super Soldier. Basically a mixture of previous releases, plus the head of the newest one.

01.jpg

MAN! these little fixes make a huge difference. Outstanding!

I especially love that Invisible Woman and Captain America. I have been waiting for that Invisible Woman for a couple of years now. And I am planning to do something very similar to that Cap

FF.jpg

01.jpg

2 questions. Which Cap has the elastic shield? And where is Invisible woman's hair from?

Really great btw.

FF.jpg

01.jpg

2 questions. Which Cap has the elastic shield? And where is Invisible woman's hair from?

Really great btw.

I know Light-Up-Base Cap has the elastic bands. Others may as well, but that's the only one I'm sure of - and the light-up base figs are on clearance at TRU now.

GambitWolverineMagnetoJean.jpg

FF.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

Great job on Sue richards head where is the hair from?

I actually just did a search on ebay: "Marvel Universe custom."

Now that I've said that, well, f*ck it. There goes my easy ride. I had been ordering the figures from this guy, but the bidding on these figures is going up all the time. They're costing a lot more now.

I have a host of other figures from this guy. He is really an artist. I'll see if I can post some more.

and holy crap that IS an awesome Spiral! wow

I think I know who your source might be. Friends on facebook too, though mainly so I can gawk at all his awesome stuff. Does he do some fake "MOC" stuff too, with the custom packaging and all? If so, it's probably the same guy I'm thinking about. Only ever broke down and got one thing from him but I've watched lots of them wishing I could get myself to drop some more cash. Most of the time his customs are way better than any actual MU figure. As is the case with this one.

post-22698-0-46180200-1374122287_thumb.jpg

Can't seem to get these to display right. Damn phone...

Here's Moonstone, a favorite character of mine who has been sorely overlooked in the line.

post-22698-0-80227100-1374122398_thumb.jpg

This Domino was the first one I got from the guy. I really liked the quaint details, like using thumbtacks for the kneepads.

post-22698-0-73499700-1374122466_thumb.jpgpost-22698-0-73499700-1374122466_thumb.jpg

This is a Cable & X-force Colossus he did, which blew my mind. I lost one of the rings on the top of the costume. This one was made with a combination of the Colossus and the Hercules figures, which seems to be a great way to get the best out of Colossus. The figure is twice as posable as the standard Colossus figure in the line.

post-22698-0-34357900-1374122574_thumb.jpg

Here's a group of the New Uncanny X-men I got from him. Cyclops is my favorite (the Deadpool was pretty slick as well), and I think the use of tape to get those bold red lines on the Cyclops costume is very appealing. Magneto utilizes the Absorbing Man head, so that he has that protruding chin Bachalo draws onto the Uncanny Magneto.

post-22698-0-49025100-1374122724_thumb.jpg

This one is the new Omega Red from the Clan Omega. I liked that he took the Legends Constrictor's tentacles and married them to the Ghost Rider body.

I don't know the guy's handle on other sites. He's not the MOC guy--he actually hates that guy, he told me. And the guy does seem to imitate him, doing the figures he does a week or two later.

I have two figures from the MOC guy: a decent Chameleon and an "okay-in-concept-only" Noh-varr. They aren't painted as well and he doesn't really protect the joints from chafing.