• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Best I can do lol i'm not a sculptor.

P8140303_zps9e2bc193.jpg

Other side don't look to great oh well.

Nice job! Vulture was one of my first attempts too. I've been meaning to go back and touch up the eyebrows since I've gotten a little better.

hmm. I don't use testors, but maybe adding your own mix to thicken? Like your orange is runny--add you own red and yellow to it to try to thicken it up?

Not a bad idea - I'm still playing with mixing colors and not great at it. With my luck I'd turn the orange to blue or something lol.

I had an idea for a custom/web project and wanted to see if anyone had any interest in participating--also I feel like there used to be a website like this but I can't find it.

I love the old Official Handbook to the Marvel Universe books. I thought a cool tumblr or blog would be a a recreation/celebration of those books with customs. So it would be a marvel universe custom placed in front of that characters page from the Handbook. In my imagination it's focused on the books up to the '89 Update since that series was the last time the full body pictures were all original pictures and not taken from other books. Although if there's interest I'd be open to doing later editions.

This website is also somewhat of an inspiration as well. http://ohotmuredux.blogspot.com/

If anyone is interested, let me know.

Wolverine_zps69f4622e.jpg

Wolverine-

This was a custom I had in mind for a while but really needed the head (thanks Heroesrox). I wanted to do New X-men Wolverine and these parts really fit. Now technically I still need to do the yellow piping on the jacket and sleeves, but I really like the way he looks as is.

I also modified his nose a little bit to have that sort of broken nose look that Frank Quitley (sp) tended to draw him with.

TO THOSE PEOPLE WHO HAVE MADE A CUSTOM WASP:

How did you attach your wings? I drilled holes in her back and used thumb tacks, but I feel like there is a better way than thumbtacks that allow for wing motion a little better.

Well for mine I attached velcro onto her back and the center of the wings{all one piece} that way they are removable when she's not in action.

How did you attach your wings? I drilled holes in her back and used thumb tacks, but I feel like there is a better way than thumbtacks that allow for wing motion a little better.

Try taking the back peg of a modern GI JOE backpback and then drill a sam size hole in the figure's back. It works pretty well.

Mentallo

Mentallo_zps43b10711.jpg

Cyclops head, Dr. Strange arms and torso, hands Black Bolt, legs Ghost Rider, belt GI JOE

Doombot from Avengers A:I

Doombot_zps6dfe5029.jpg

A true spare parts custom- Head and arms Deep-Sea Ironman, torso, Iron Patriot, legs Ultron, feet, some Joe figure.

Lots of sculpted details--the hood isn't as nice as I'd like. It was the last of some greenstuff that was starting to dry out.

On a seperate note... Why?

I've been planning a full sized Wasp for some time now.... but I never planned on GIVING her wings...

I admit my comic collection has been very hit or miss since civil war, but she never used to grow wings till she shrunk. Can she do that at full size now?

On a seperate note... Why?

I've been planning a full sized Wasp for some time now.... but I never planned on GIVING her wings...

I admit my comic collection has been very hit or miss since civil war, but she never used to grow wings till she shrunk. Can she do that at full size now?

You know, I had much the same thought myself. In the end, it came down to what is a Wasp figure with no wings? The removable route does appeal to me and I may go with the Velcro option or some other removable method.

On a side note, I read a great article recently about how Velcro is a company name, not a product, and they are looking to release a much wider line of products, like Velcro Double Sided Tape and Velcro Anti-personnel Mines.