• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Marvel NOW Captain America

68CF0A8E-C94D-46FF-894C-C59D0C79421A-321

A98D215C-E35F-45B1-857F-E3888B659BB2-321

30C8F21D-9B1E-4615-A6BB-29A473880B0D-321

First, let me say that I love what you did here. Very cool.

However, and this is a complaint against Marvel, not you, Marvel Now Cap doesn't have stars on the shoulder. Oh, sure, in some of the pics of him he does, but if you read the most current comic (Infinity #1), his outfit looks exactly like this...minus shoulder stars. Personally, I hate the shoulder stars and am glad he doesn't have them in the 616. THE PROBLEM is that I found at least 2 promotional art pieces for Infinity where he has the stars. WHY CAN'T THEY BE CONSISTENT???? Much like the fact that the much-hated Avengers Assemble figure has the stars despite the fact the cartoon it is based on doesn't have the stars.

Again though, love the quality and style of the figure and would love to know your recipe.

Thanks for the compliment Shield Slinger! I went off the same promotional art, hence the stars on the shoulders. Personally, I like them, so it worked out. The figure required a lot of cutting, kit bashing, and sculpting. I started off with one of the 5 POA Avengers Assemble Cap, and cracked him open. I dremmeled out the arm holes, and using green stuff, molded CA: TFA Ultimate Cap arms into them. I cut the waist off below the belt on the AA Cap and the Ultimate cap, and transferred the ultimate cap to the body. The upper legs were from the CA: TFA Heavy Artillary Cap, and the lower legs were from the MU JL Cyclops. All the armor detail on the legs was sculpted, and the piping is fishing line.

Thanks for the compliment Shield Slinger! I went off the same promotional art, hence the stars on the shoulders. Personally, I like them, so it worked out. The figure required a lot of cutting, kit bashing, and sculpting. I started off with one of the 5 POA Avengers Assemble Cap, and cracked him open. I dremmeled out the arm holes, and using green stuff, molded CA: TFA Ultimate Cap arms into them. I cut the waist off below the belt on the AA Cap and the Ultimate cap, and transferred the ultimate cap to the body. The upper legs were from the CA: TFA Heavy Artillary Cap, and the lower legs were from the MU JL Cyclops. All the armor detail on the legs was sculpted, and the piping is fishing line.

I applaud the complexity of that with such great results. Ton of work, great results.

If I had the talent, I would attempt something like that to get the chest off the Assembled Cap.

The best answer I can give is when I reopen. I'm not exactly sure when that'll be. I'm aiming for Saturday night, but I'm not 100% on that right now.

I had a little bit of a delay in getting the orders for WE 8-10, and WE 8-17 due to materials going bad, but I'm trying to get those orders done, and a few new items in stock before I reopen the store. So far the redesign of the Ant Man antennas seem to be holding up.

Oh, and Shayne I think you'll be replacing that Thor hammer very soon. Awesome Marvel NOW customs of him, and Cap.

Well, time to add a few of my projects!! I may try to touch up a little paint, maybe do something with the belts, but these are close to finished.

These are based on the 'All-New X-men' book.... so there are a few 'retcon discrepencies' from the original x-men #1. Like Iceman with no boots.

Cyclops and Iceman were the easiest. Just simple repaints. Iceman got some more 'white' added to him... (I think this was an X-factor version to begin with... so I took his belt off and gave it to the single carded Iceman with the silver 'x-factor' costume... not really CANON... but it looks good with the rest of the team.

Cyclops just got went from first class Cyclops... to 'REAL' First class costume.

Angel was a bit trickier. Origianlly a wave 20 version, He got Power Man's lower legs/boots, Iron Fist's head, and wings painted whiter.

post-63903-0-85988600-1377900376_thumb.jpg

Looks like a job for a Time Lord. I... just LOVE the 3.75 scale... ^_^

post-63903-0-78051500-1377900496_thumb.jpg

Beast was a fun puzzle and I like how he turned out... Always bugged me we didn't get a human beast (or ape) version of him with the x-factor set..So I decided to make my own. Then I got hooked on All-new X-men, and focus changed. I still hold out hope for a good blue furry version... so human went to original class :)

Thunderbird Body

Sentry left Bicep... T-birds kept falling off.

Hands: Grinnah the goblin from hobbit 3.75

Feet: Bilbo from Hobbit 6'' scale

Head: Captain America 5PoA from big lots.

post-63903-0-14400700-1377900521_thumb.jpg

Finally, Marvel Girl!

Base, First Class Marvel girl.

Lower Legs, Mockingbird
head: Tauriel from Hobbit 3.75 2-pack

Head took a lot of sanding. filing, and cutting to make it look decent, but I'm content how it turned out.

post-63903-0-51649700-1377900550_thumb.jpg

The first custom I had planned from the moment I saw Proffessor X's suit.

Personally, I LOVE some secret ID figure. I'd like to see a few more steve Rogers, 'glasses' Cyclops, peter Parkers, not to mention some Bruce Wayne and Clark Kents

He's TECHNIQUELY done... but I REALLY like the wave 2 Avengers Hawkeye head that's coming out... so I figure he'll be changed when I get one of those!!! Also doesn't hold Mockingbirds clubs very well at ALL.... so I could foresee a change of hands in his future...

Basically, cut out the vest, Painted the belt black and shirt white for a little contrast and repainted movie Hawkeye's head. Needed a little silicone to stay on prof's neck, but fairly sturdy now.

Thought about painting the tie-tack for some more contrast

MATT MURDOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-63903-0-35864600-1377902617_thumb.jpg

post-63903-0-62698700-1377902712_thumb.jpg

post-63903-0-11570000-1377902760_thumb.jpg

Here's Rogue in her look from the eighties (circa 1985-1986).

attachicon.gifIMG_5502.JPG

I'm working on a Shadowcat and also have plans for Cyclops. I aim for the full X-Men roaster from this era...

Just wanted to call this one out as being a great idea, really well executed. Proof positive that 80s Rogue costumes could look exceptionally cool in 3.75" scale. Before Rogue was all about the 90s, she was totally and completely the 80s; thank you, Customizor, for reminding us of that!