MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the compliments guys it means a lot. I have a TON of WIPs right now so I'm hoping to finish a few this weekend before I head out on vacation. Here's the two I knocked out this week though:

Vanisher:

null_zpsdb998452.jpg

With him done and Nightcrawler on the way all I need is to get Wolfsbane going and I'll have the full team.

J. Jonah Jameson:

null_zpse9630d37-1.jpg

As soon as I finished him I found, online, a better head with the mouth open and brow furrowed, looking like he's screaming about a deadline. I'll probably end up re-doing this one sometime but I'm happy for now.

Need some help from my fellow customizers out there. Really want an Arcade figure and know making one is the way to go. Already have a head ready and thought I had a custom body made but the plastic it was made from was extremely weak and didn't work out so any ideas on a body. I thought Prof. X but let's face it trying to cover dark colors with white is a true pain. So any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Need some help from my fellow customizers out there. Really want an Arcade figure and know making one is the way to go. Already have a head ready and thought I had a custom body made but the plastic it was made from was extremely weak and didn't work out so any ideas on a body. I thought Prof. X but let's face it trying to cover dark colors with white is a true pain. So any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

MAYBE, the Alien From the MIB, Stalk eyes or something like that.

It's a beige suit but better than a black one, wish Hasbro pulled that suit buck a little more often.

The Doctor Who 3.75 figure has a long coat, vest, and bow ties already sculpted in. It is also short compared to the MU line - size and accessories-wise it is really good, except for the head. The coat and vest are brown, though, so there's no help in that department.

http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/doctor-who-3-75-inch-action-figures-series-7/

If you have to have white, then this is the way to go:

http://vortiouscustomaccessories.ecrater.com/p/14837088/casual-friday

The Doctor Who 3.75 figure has a long coat, vest, and bow ties already sculpted in. It is also short compared to the MU line - size and accessories-wise it is really good, except for the head. The coat and vest are brown, though, so there's no help in that department.

http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/doctor-who-3-75-inch-action-figures-series-7/

If you have to have white, then this is the way to go:

http://vortiouscustomaccessories.ecrater.com/p/14837088/casual-friday

Well I appreciate the help but I guess Im gonna try the Prof since not feeling the doctor who and had a bad experience with that particular custom site's product. thanks to everyone for the suggestions

Last few before I head out of town - bolstering the ranks of my different X-Teams:

Bishop:

null_zpsb3292e55.jpg

Forge:

null_zps60fbc7c8.jpg

1st Class Beast:

null_zpsbc3adffc.jpg

If you like any of them maybe do me a favor and vote for me(Astonishing Cyclops) in the Halloween costume contest here: http://forums.marvelousnews.com/index.php?showtopic=2067020

I'm the only person that actually posts here left in the contest - don't let the poachers steal the prizes!!! Please? :)

A question for you guys who do this a lot, as I've been assembling and sculpting figures, but have yet to paint them:

What paints or finishes do you guys use to create the matte and satin finishes you get on some of the custom figures? The best customs I've seen have those less glossy looks to them, but I am not able to get those effects using Testors Model Master Acrylics--it always comes out super-glossy. Do any of you give the figures a finish after you paint them?

A question for you guys who do this a lot, as I've been assembling and sculpting figures, but have yet to paint them:

What paints or finishes do you guys use to create the matte and satin finishes you get on some of the custom figures? The best customs I've seen have those less glossy looks to them, but I am not able to get those effects using Testors Model Master Acrylics--it always comes out super-glossy. Do any of you give the figures a finish after you paint them?

Dude 100% Humbrol acrylic all the way.

Do any of you have any of the PopCo 4" Harry Potter figures? I'm wondering how those match up with MU. I saw some photos that showed them to be about the same size as the original MU Spider-man mold, so I'm wondering if some of the Harry Potter kids might work as customs of the Jean Grey School kids.

I am bidding on a Bellatrix Lestrange figure from that line right now. I figured she might make a good base for a Nico Minoru custom. I'm a big Runaways fan.

Do any of you have any of the PopCo 4" Harry Potter figures? I'm wondering how those match up with MU. I saw some photos that showed them to be about the same size as the original MU Spider-man mold, so I'm wondering if some of the Harry Potter kids might work as customs of the Jean Grey School kids.

I ordered am bidding on a Bellatrix Lestrange figure from that line right now. I figured she might make a good base for a Nico Minoru custom. I'm a big Runaways fan.

Hopefully, this pic will tell you all you need to know. I bought Ginny and Cho Chang from eBay seller bluesduff2008. The figures are smaller (as they should be for teens) and have a t-crotch with a hinge that allows lateral movement. The neck pegs are substantially smaller, and the heads themselves are a bit smaller. Cho Chang's head would not come off - I think it was glued on (I assume these are factory rejects). So that neck broke (the figure that is on it's back), and I had to dremel the neck ball out of her head. Since I was dremelling, I went ahead and enlarged it enough to fit on Kitty Pryde's body. It makes a passable Karma, but probably needs a haircut.

P1100655cc50_zps136f8ef8.jpg