MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can someone help me out with the colors of some characters? I need to know what are all of the colors of Gambit and Magneto costumes. What's the color of Magneto's cape, the color of Gambit's torso? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Trying to Make a custom of Mag's with a future foundation Spider-Man buck but I will be using the comic pack Head, lower legs and arms. I don't want to repaint all of these parts so was wondering if and what paint would match the best?

Same with Gambit. I'm using same buck but don't really know what color his torso is! I'm color blind. :smile:

Can someone help me out with the colors of some characters? I need to know what are all of the colors of Gambit and Magneto costumes. What's the color of Magneto's cape, the color of Gambit's torso? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Trying to Make a custom of Mag's with a future foundation Spider-Man buck but I will be using the comic pack Head, lower legs and arms. I don't want to repaint all of these parts so was wondering if and what paint would match the best?

Same with Gambit. I'm using same buck but don't really know what color his torso is! I'm color blind. :smile:

I would describe Magneto's uniform as crimson. The 2-pack Daredevil is the right color - you could use that whole body (the "DD" comes off easity with acetone). The Magneto in the 2-pack is a little redder than crimson on the Daredevil I mentioned. To match that I would suggest to mix crimson and red in equal parts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Universe-DareDevil-from-Greatest-Battle-comic-pack-3-3-4-Loose-/281192285051?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item41785dc37b

Gambit is more of a magenta. His figure is metallic magenta. Maybe mix non-metallic magenta in equal parts with this?

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/magenta-glamour-dust-ultra-fine-glitter-paint-514661/

Hello guys, I don't know if this topic had already been tackled. After a year or so, it still bothers me that the left leg of the figure that uses the JL Cyke mold is a little longer than the right. Have you all notice that? Is there any fix to that? Like heating and freezing because I'm not a customizer, (I don't how to mold or cast an epoxy if ever I cut or sand em off).

u6WC56z.jpg?1

LrM4qu2.jpg?1

Probably the best thing to do is leave it alone. But if its keeping you up at night, boil and pop the left shin joint out. On the piece with the peg hole in it, you need to do 2 simple things. Smoothe 1/8" off the flat horizontal surface. And deepen the peg hole in that leg surface by the same amount. Then pop the 2 lower leg pieces back together. Voila.

Ok hes done! Cape turned out good and not tacky at all. Heres the finished figure, kinda blurry pic though.

PB150396_zpse60c2649.jpg

Recipe

-Mysterio body.

-Phasing Visions Head,cape and left hand.

Very nice. If we don't get a "re-Vision" along the lines of this recipe (or fresher) out of the new (MU) Avengers line within the first year, there will be riots.

Happy Thanksgiving week! In the spirit of giving thanks to you my customers from Sunday 11-24 through Saturday 11-30 ALL orders will get an extra item from my big box of freebies. In addition the standard $50, $100, and $200 (before shipping) levels will get 2 at $50, 3 at $100, and 4 at $200, instead of the 1 at $50, 2 at $100, and 3 at $200 I usually do.

This is not so much a custom, but more of a repaint. I found this awesomely sculpted Grizzly bear in a second hand store and thought it would make a great stand in for Ursa Major. I have no idea where this bear is from. It is not the same bear that comes with the Chap Mei Grizzly rescue set. It has slightly less articulation than the Chap Mei bear but the sculpt is much nicer.

Winter Guard

WinterGuard_zps2a16c89b.jpg

Ursa Major vs Hulk

UrsaMajor_zpsd5878b25.jpg

Fritzkreig, aside from the bear, I just noticed your outstanding useage of multiple Fortress Assault Captains America as Red Army troops. Combined with Russian soldiers from Indiana Jones, this is now officially my favorite picture ever.

Two last questions...

1) What is that vehicle the Russians are riding on?

2) That snow looks really good. Did you set this up outside?

Here's a classic Beast made from a Jazwares Blanka.

Now I have a Hank Mc Coy to join my Simon Williams in Safari Jacket!

IMG_6116.JPG

IMG_6122.JPG

IMG_6124.JPG

IMG_6127.JPG

Looks great. I have the closed mouth SHSD Beast head in my store if you want to give him a head w/ the teeth sticking out. http://vortiouscustomaccessories.ecrater.com/p/16001067/fur-ball-head

Hello guys, I don't know if this topic had already been tackled. After a year or so, it still bothers me that the left leg of the figure that uses the JL Cyke mold is a little longer than the right. Have you all notice that? Is there any fix to that? Like heating and freezing because I'm not a customizer, (I don't how to mold or cast an epoxy if ever I cut or sand em off).

u6WC56z.jpg?1

LrM4qu2.jpg?1

Ah, so thats the prob! Was always having difficulty posing these

This is not so much a custom, but more of a repaint. I found this awesomely sculpted Grizzly bear in a second hand store and thought it would make a great stand in for Ursa Major. I have no idea where this bear is from. It is not the same bear that comes with the Chap Mei Grizzly rescue set. It has slightly less articulation than the Chap Mei bear but the sculpt is much nicer.

Winter Guard

WinterGuard_zps2a16c89b.jpg

Ursa Major vs Hulk

UrsaMajor_zpsd5878b25.jpg

Nice! I found that bear for 25 cents at a grage sale. Luv it

Nice!!! FYI the bear is from Wild Quest 2 Seaplane Rescue Playset! I think it makes a pretty good Ursa.

I don't think it is the same Bear. The Wild Quest bear was rerelease by Chap Mei in the Animal Planet Grizzly Resque set. I've seen that bear up close, it has an action feater and the sculpt is not as realistic. This Bear has a more realistic sculpt and has no action feature.

Regardless, the bear looks cool, but after some research and looking at some of his Hulk and Captain America appearances I have, Ursa Major is 6'2" in human form and 7'5" in bear form. That would make the figure 30%+ too large in 1:18 scale. Depending on which artist is drawing him at any time though, size does change.

Also, you need an Abomination in your display!! He's all Russian. That is a damn sweet diorama.