MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there a way to safely remove the middle torso from a figure without damaging it? Could I boil and pop this as I would the legs and arms? I know that with the modern Joes the torsos can be cracked and separated, but I don't think this is the case with the MU figs,

Thanks

You can. I haven't done it too many times, but I have read about other people damaging torsos more than once.

Here's a pic of the joint:

P1000322.jpg

Is there a way to safely remove the middle torso from a figure without damaging it? Could I boil and pop this as I would the legs and arms? I know that with the modern Joes the torsos can be cracked and separated, but I don't think this is the case with the MU figs,

Thanks

You can. I haven't done it too many times, but I have read about other people damaging torsos more than once.

Here's a pic of the joint:

P1000322.jpg

Thanks Dressel. Good to know. You may have just saved me the annoyance of painting the torso.

hold on a second.. that Deadpool figure is actually from the Wolverine movie, it's not a MU figure. You CAN NOT boil and pop the torsos on MU figures. You have to crack apart the upper torso in order to separate the two parts of the torso.

from my experience, it is more difficult to crack the MU torsos than Joe torsos.. I actually usually have to use an exacto knife and pry it apart

I know you can boil/pop torsos on figures from Wolverine and Captain America... probably IM2, but I haven't tried it.

hold on a second.. that Deadpool figure is actually from the Wolverine movie, it's not a MU figure. You CAN NOT boil and pop the torsos on MU figures. You have to crack apart the upper torso in order to separate the two parts of the torso.

from my experience, it is more difficult to crack the MU torsos than Joe torsos.. I actually usually have to use an exacto knife and pry it apart

I know you can boil/pop torsos on figures from Wolverine and Captain America... probably IM2, but I haven't tried it.

The newer MU female torso, and the Herc torso can also be boil, and popped.

Okay-Thanks for the warnings. I think I will buy a new exacto blade today just in case but will first try the boil and pop method. The torso is from an astonishing Wolverine figure and a Mysterio body -I am attempting to make a Vision body which will require less painting. I also have a Baron Zemo for the lower arms and legs (will require paint-but yellow on gold is better than yellow on a darker color -of course the purple will need to be paint matched green). The head is coming from a custom sculpt made by Rodimus -who is also sending me the yellow Vision cape in my recent order-too bad I didn't wait for his black friday promotion-but his sculpts are HIGHLY recommended.

Anyone know of a good bomber or leather Jackets? I know Rod has one on his store but I'm not sure where it came from.

Mutt from Indian jones looks like a good one

any others??

The 2 pack MU Storm (with mohawk) had a good one-albeit small.

I forgot about her but It would be for a guy. I rolled the dice on Mutt, I'll have to wait and see when it gets here if it will fit. Was just kinda curious because it seems like we have plenty of capes and trench coats to chose from now.

Anyone know of a good bomber or leather Jackets? I know Rod has one on his store but I'm not sure where it came from.

any others??

Mutt's is a good leather biker jacket.

Marcus(?) from the Terminator Salvation line I think has the best one, in my opinion.

Indiana Jones has more of a bomber look for an open jacket look.

GI JOE 25th Anniversary Gen. Hawk torso for a closed jacket look.

2 1/2 more days left on the Thanksgiving week special, guys, so get those orders in.

any others??

The one in my store is from the XMOW biker Wolvie, and it's the one I put on my Cyclops for the X jacket look:

002-142.jpg

2 1/2 more days left on the Thanksgiving week special, guys, so get those orders in.

any others??

The one in my store is from the XMOW biker Wolvie, and it's the one I put on my Cyclops for the X jacket look:

I remembered ya had it but forgot that yours came with sleeves.. anywho I ended up getting a real good deal on ebay for two indies and a not as good deal for a mutt. I'll just have to sculpt my own sleeves.

Here's a couple of long works in progress finally finished :)

Thunderstrike

Recipe, Classic Thor body, Thor 2: DW head (sleevless version) Nick Fury coat (had to boil and pop a bicep to get it on... but seems to work once its there.)

Carved up mjolnir that didn't turn out as good in my head as I'd hoped... but still better than I had ;)

cut the hair a bit to accentuate the ponytail... but doesn't show well on the picture... GOT to get a better camera one of these days....

post-63903-0-15437400-1385813080_thumb.jpg

post-63903-0-99176600-1385813081_thumb.jpg

post-63903-0-79789800-1385813083_thumb.jpg

and a functional Doc Ock :D

Pretty easy here. Doc ock with stupid backpack arms... and secret wars arms. dremel. glue. SUCCESS!!! A doc who's arms will ACTUALLY reach farther then his NORMAL arms... O.o

post-63903-0-26484300-1385813187_thumb.jpg

post-63903-0-30780300-1385813189_thumb.jpg

post-63903-0-39614800-1385813191_thumb.jpg