MU Customs

DarthOnyx

HAHA! I was just testing her out with those things but she does look like a cheerleader! HAHA! Hope all of you that plan to attempt the custom post pics! It was super easy. I just want a belt for her now. :/

I'm snowed in today, but I will run to Target tomorrow. A great deal of badly painted Jubilee figures were hanging around last I saw. If I find her, I'll let you know.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi all I have a couple more wips for you

my first is smart hulk with another custom head sculpt

post-64001-0-59327600-1386895376_thumb.jpg

post-64001-0-76955500-1386895378_thumb.jpg

Some touch up paint with this one and added a couple of magnets to the gun and removable bunny slippers

Next is Strong Guy. Basically he just needs some varnish and some touch up paint.

post-64001-0-05388700-1386895300_thumb.jpg

post-64001-0-69609300-1386895347_thumb.jpg

Thank you all for looking!

Check out the newest items in my store. HoAs, Joe T bar, microscope, female arms, female legs, and grasping hands have been added

002_zps4b1eb47c.jpg

That is exceptional. I would LOVE to snag a bunch of those but unfortunately it's just a bit outside my comfort range. Still, that is really nice and I may end up getting at least a couple at some point.

Apocalypse upper body and arms, ml ultimate captain america lower arms and hands,

What was your recipe on strong guy? I was working on one at one point but was unhappy with the result so put him on the back burner.

The upper torso was apocalypse including the upper arms, the lower arms ,and hands are ml ultimate captain america, the lower torso and and upper legs are ml weapon x wolverine ,and the lower legs were mu captain britain

From the multi pack, and the head was from that 90's strong guy fig, I did resculpt it from the nose down . Lol I probably over thought it a bit I just wanted to get it as right as I could I guess

I wanted to update my Dark Phoenix since I hated the jean grey head. I dig this Black Widow head quite a bit. I think it's a big improvement and would also make a good Mary Jane Head. I also made an attempt at making a bird. I'm not completely satisfied but I think it turned out well enough.

IMAG0201.jpgIMAG0203.jpg

Love it man and that hot glue phoenix is amaze balls bravo !!! And the paint work is flawless !!!

Can someone walk me through the hot glue thing? Like, do you craft some sort of base and begin applying the glue or what? And do you paint it when it has fully cured or can you get colored hot glue sticks?

Thanks psycho!

Heroesrox - Prob depends on what you're doing. I started by making an outline. Think of the bird laying on it's back the entire process and after you've drawn the outline you just fill the body in by layering glue on top of it. I used a low temp gun, otherwise the glue can turn into a smooth puddle (which can happen with low temp too if it's been sitting) Low temp glue turns back to solid pretty quick and you can speed it up with cold water. You should be good to paint it immediately after it goes back to a solid. I've never heard about painted glue sticks. I just used clear paint.

I finally finished a custom I had been wanting to do for a long time. A flame motorcycle!! I overdid it quite a bit with the flames but I think it looks pretty cool just the same. Also the colors look a bit off in the picture but it's a nice shade of orange in person. I don't know where the bike comes from. I found it at a thrift store and it looked like it would make a good GR bike. Also I added more flame to his chain.

IMAG0206.jpg

IMAG0205.jpg