MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gotten behind in posting myself. Here's a few fun ones I've been working on?

Darkhawk got a little sanding and painting, nothing too crazy there. Still, while I love the idea that they MADE a Darkhawk at all... THIS is the version I know and love.

And a good old fashioned Johnny Blaze.

Ghost Rider body, Nick Fury coat. Can't remember where the gun came from... one of the random GI JOes I think.

The head and bike were from the 90's Ghost Rider line, these came from the Blaze 'stunt rider' ones.

Not sure if these really count, but I repainted and re-caped a Keaton Batman into the version "I" like.

Nightwing is Cloak's body, combined with an ultimate Storm Shadow's head. Also had to change his hand to another Joe's so that he could hold the stick.

As I have a better Nightwing... Injustice Nightwing is in the process of becoming Robin.

Haven't decided yet if I'll go Tim Drake or Young Justice Grayson... probably Drake ;)

post-63903-0-76397100-1403252212_thumb.jpg

post-63903-0-42426900-1403252223_thumb.jpg

Here are some more DC characters made from MU parts

post-63904-0-13178200-1403293440_thumb.jpg post-63904-0-43180900-1403293506_thumb.jpg post-63904-0-55689700-1403293583_thumb.jpg

Batman made with basic male buck, utility belt from Daredevil belt and Scarlet Spider pouches, cape from Young Justice Batman, head is YJ Batman + Warlock lower face.

Two-Face made from Sabretooth (Wolverine Origins) with Destro feet, MIB jacket and forearms and modified Namor head.

post-63904-0-51102300-1403293802_thumb.jpg

Superman made from Hyperion and Wonder Man.

Jeez, took a minute to find this place (this really belongs back with the MU thread)!! No new customs to show, but I thought I'd share (if it hadn't been mentioned elsewhere) what could possibly be the best 1:18 customizing buck. They're called Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. and they might look familiar as they are being produced by BossFightStudios (ex-Hasbro sculpters and designers) who are responsible for some of our favorite Star Wars, GI Joe, and Marvel figures. They have a Kickstarter going-on right now, and I urge all fans of 1:18 (Hell, figures in general!) to go check them out.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/813878470/boss-fight-studios-vitruvian-hacks-action-figures

Ever since Valkyrie was teased before the MI transition, I knew I had to give her a flying horse to ride. Technically, Aragorn is not a pegasus - he is a genetically modified horse. Dane Whitman's uncle, the first Black Knight, was a villain who was also an expert at genetic manipulation. He genetically modified a horse to have wings and to fly. The criminal Black Knight's horse (the original flying horse) mutated further into Hellhorse and became the mount of Deathknight. I guess there's just no reforming an evil horse.

Dane Whitman used the process to create a second flying horse. Black Knight left Aragorn in the care of Valkyrie while he moved temporarily to live in the Middle Ages, but the companionship of Aragorn and Valkyrie ended up being permanent.

Aragorn's recipe is simple - the World Peacekeepers brown horse, repainted (available at Big Lots now in my area) and Angel wings. These are the 6-pack Angel wings repainted to match the horse.

Duplicolor took care of the brown, but I added shadings and some grays because no horse is truly white - and this is a warhorse, not a show horse.

There are a few other horse options out there. The articulation is just so-so on this one. The rear legs are not jointed below the hip and the tail is immovable hard plastic. The bridle and saddle are also cheap feeling. But it is inexpensive! There is also a Prince of Persia black horse - it is better, but will cost more. The Raiders of the Lost Ark horse is already white, but is undersized for this figure IMO.

Aragorn with the "stock" Valkyrie:

AragornValkyrieiso3_zps617247bf.jpg

AragornValkyriesideclose_zpsd89e6c9b.jpg

I also modded Valkyrie by adding a spare Black Knight cape (and painting the metal silver to match her):

AragornValkyrieiso2_zps07f3126e.jpg

Black Knight was Aragorn's first companion:

BlackKnightAragornValkriegroundclose_zps